The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

Just outside of Washington, Dc, in Silver Spring Maryland the U.S. Army has an annex for the Walter Reed Army Medical Hospital. This area is quite old with buildings that appear nothing less than enchanted. There is a very nice cahe there that was visitied by the Geocache Fairy sometime yesterday. See the Enchanted Glen - GCGHCF. I have been watching for one of those speical coins and I saw the log last evening. Here's my post from this morning:

Up at the crack of dawn, I surreptitiously made my way around the construction and all those peering eyes. Took a different, more difficult way in to avoid my final objective's location from being easily detected. The bottom of the chamber was guarded by six deer who quickly gave me room to go up. Thanks Gecoin Fairy, and yes, I did trade equal or better, I left one of my personal geocoins coins in trade. I even remembered to include the activation code! But I am not obsessed!

Thanks Geocoin Fairy - I do beleive!

The Geocoin Fairy must have decided that she needed a little fun (or maybe just some R&R) in the sun in California :lol: I had a dentist's appointment this morning (how ironic is that?!?); afterwards, I came down to the shores of the Pacific Ocean, just a few miles away, and worked a series of caches hidden earlier this summer. I had no idea that TGF had been here just a couple of days ago, as I rarely read old logs in the field, unless I can't find a cache, even with the hint. It wasn't until I found coin #118 in Ormond Beach #2 that I realized that I had gotten very lucky :huh: I left several geocoins and a couple of Travel Bugs out there, in five different caches on the beach. Now I'm debating whether I want to keep this, or pass it along. Certainly, if we keep it, we'll being it along to events, so that others can see it. But this was really unexpected, which is maybe the way it should be :lol: And if we put it into another cache, we won't mention it in our log.

Thank you, Geocoin Fairy!!

"Where Dragonflies and Fairies Dance" cache is official. Though dragonflies can be seen a plenty in Arizona, especially this time of year, there is proof a fairy has danced their, too! TGF, with much patience and persistence, flew over and dropped GeoFairy Coin #2 for a geocoin/tooth fairy-believing 7 year-old who's tooth will be coming out soon. What a kind generous sprite to go to so much trouble. Thank you so much TGF!

Not getting the cache log till late into the night, I put my little one to bed and left immediately (yes, he was being cared for) to see if the coin was still there. I was a little worried being such a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Much to my surprise not only did I find the most adorable token that was left for my little one, but I believe I saw a fairy dancing in the night sky over the glistening waters nearby.

Congratulations! I can only hope my validating your child's enjoyment of the coin helped in TGFs wanting to get you a coin. And #2?!?! How cool is that? I found mine some time ago and got #42 (But who's complaining? We're "Mostly Harmless" right? :lol: ). It is after all the answer.

Congratulations again. I'm sure your youngen' will be thrilled when the tooth finally comes out.

Edited by Haughton's Hunters

"Where Dragonflies and Fairies Dance" cache is official. Though dragonflies can be seen a plenty in Arizona, especially this time of year, there is proof a fairy has danced their, too! TGF, with much patience and persistence, flew over and dropped GeoFairy Coin #2 for a geocoin/tooth fairy-believing 7 year-old who's tooth will be coming out soon. What a kind generous sprite to go to so much trouble. Thank you so much TGF!

Not getting the cache log till late into the night, I put my little one to bed and left immediately (yes, he was being cared for) to see if the coin was still there. I was a little worried being such a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Much to my surprise not only did I find the most adorable token that was left for my little one, but I believe I saw a fairy dancing in the night sky over the glistening waters nearby.

Congratulations! I can only hope my validating your child's enjoyment of the coin helped in TGFs wanting to get you a coin. And #2?!?! How cool is that? I found mine some time ago and got #42 (But who's complaining? We're "Mostly Harmless" right? :) ). It is after all the answer.

Congratulations again. I'm sure your youngen' will be thrilled when the tooth finally comes out.

Congratulations! I can only hope my validating your child's enjoyment of the coin helped in TGFs wanting to get you a coin. And #2?!?! How cool is that? I found mine some time ago and got #42 (But who's complaining? We're "Mostly Harmless" right? :) ). It is after all the answer.

It is so very cool. I'm sure he'll be wanting to follow in your footsteps in collecting those geocoins, and what an awesome coin to start with. I'm guessing at the next geocaching event we go to, he'll whip out that special coin and show it off. Hope that tooth comes out soon -- I'm having a hard time waiting.

Thanks Damenace for you offering up your coin -- you have a kind heart!

TGF is awesome, if for a day I could get around so much and bring surprises to so many. Happy fairy caching!

WOW. I was able to pick up one of these this week. This is a great find.

I kept checking the site and noticed TGF was in the same area as me. I had missed the coins before.

Great Coin, nice addition to my collection. Plus, a nice drive as well.

Thanks TGF!

Seemed like forever, huh? :D

Stop it you two. Take the negativity elsewhere. This is one of the few "nice" threads in these forums. Could we please keep it that way?

Yes, Mum.

Wow! The little fairy has really, really worked off her little wings. Thanks once again for a neat concept and good luck with the rest of your travels. Hope to see some new postings here soon. :bad:

I have one coming! A non-coin collecting cacher snagged one and is going to hand it off. I would rather grab one myself, but the Geocoin Fairy seems to avoid the great American desert! Glen

Kansas is the 'Great American Desert'? And here I though Southern Texas, New Mexico and Arizona were the desert "areas" of the US.

I know of 6 coins in Az and at least 2 in Texas I recall. Don't know about NM.

Enjoy your coin though, they are really nice!

(Since I updated the map below, I deleted this picture of the map...see next post)

It looks like the GF still has some states to go, but I am impressed at how this fairy "gets around"...

**note** Colorado is still not colored in red....Colorado Springs is a good place to leave a coin! :bad:

Edited by Tank Hounds

I have one coming! A non-coin collecting cacher snagged one and is going to hand it off. I would rather grab one myself, but the Geocoin Fairy seems to avoid the great American desert! Glen

Kansas is the 'Great American Desert'? And here I though Southern Texas, New Mexico and Arizona were the desert "areas" of the US.

Say, what?!? A third of California is officially desert, an area bigger than half of either Arizona or New Mexico. I think that our Mojave and Colorado Deserts, as well as our chuck of true Basin and Range Province, qualify as a "desert area" :D

BTW: the MidWest was called "The Great American Desert" back before the Civil War, and it was still labeled that way on some maps through the 1880s. Hard to believe, isn't it? Of course, labels change over time. Ferde Grofe's "Grand Canyon Suite" was called 'jazz' when it first was performed :lol:

Alright,

Does anyone have any idea who this person is ??? The traveling seems unreal. I have a map where the person has been and I don't think one could keep this pace unless they have personal JET aircraft and a lot of time on their hands. Plus A LOT of energy.

What does everyone think the motive is here for placing these coins ?

This is getting very interesting - any ideas ?? Do you think this is a group of individuals or just ONE person placing these ?

Alright,

Does anyone have any idea who this person is ??? The traveling seems unreal. I have a map where the person has been and I don't think one could keep this pace unless they have personal JET aircraft and a lot of time on their hands. Plus A LOT of energy.

This is getting very interesting - any ideas ?? Do you think this is a group of individuals or just ONE person placing these ?

This is a fairy we are talking about, they have amazing powers :D

BELIEVE

Alright,

The Story of Thorny1

Many, many years ago, when the Earth was a much larger and wilder place then it is now and there were only three channels on our TV, a bunch of us were out playing Cowboys and Indians in our fort in the woods across from our house. After one of the glorious battles where Daniel Boone and his men had beaten the redskins and saved our families from being scalped, we were resting before the next battle and a "friend" of mine came to me and told me there was no Santa Claus. I didn't believe him at first, but this same "friend" went on to explain that The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and various other nymphs and goblins in my life were all made up and tools of those evil folks called adults and parents. I was horrified and being the upstanding and stalwart lad I was then, I called him a liar and whooped my “friend”, who was no longer my friend.

But his words stayed with me and a part of me died that day.

After that day, I looked at things differently and the years passed and the wonder of it all became a distant memory. Cynicism and doubt ruled my life and a prickly SOB I was. Life was tough and you looked after yourself and trusted no one. There were no free lunches and miracles didn’t happen. I scoffed at those around me who said they did. I questioned everything and looked for the other shoe to drop. It was a dog eat dog world and I was wearing milk bone underwear.

Then one Christmas Eve, as I was eating my lunch at my hated, dead end job and worrying about how I was going to take care of all the “holidays”, the boss hollered out that I had a phone call. It was my wife and she was excited and crying and laughing all at the same time. I thought she was having a breakdown or something and I couldn’t understand her over the phone at all. Something about a mysterious package and no one there or some such nonsense. I begged the boss to let me go home early, since my wife was clearly sick, and after promising to work late to make up for my lost time, he relented.

When I arrived home, I found my wife still sitting on the floor next to a large box. With tears in her eyes she explained someone had knocked on the door and when she went to answer it, no one was there but a box with a note attached. I scoffed at her story and told her someone had obviously put it there and had probably been around the side of the house laughing their heads off at her gullibility. She just shook her head and pushed the note into my hands to read.

The note was handwritten and simple:

Merry Christmas to my friends, Thorny1 and Fate, may your day be truly magical,

Santa Claus

I laughed at the note and the idea that Santa was my friend or that there was even a Santa Claus at all. Then I looked into the box.

There were all kinds of things in there, each individually wrapped and tagged for various members of my family and friends that would be at my house. And on the bottom I found two big packages for me - one that said open immediately and one that said open on Christmas Day. I looked at my wife but she was no help here so I shrugged and opened it up.

What was inside is between Santa and I, maybe one day I’ll tell you what it was, but there was a simple note attached to them that said “Believe”. I started crying and hugged my wife and wonder came back into my life because I had never told anyone that I wanted this so how could anyone have known?

Since that day, I’ve begun to recognize the gifts and miracles that are around us daily. The unexplained and unlooked for ones when no one is around and I, too, believe again in Santa and the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny. The Geocoin Fairy. So what if they say he or she or it can’t be real, because Science or a friend or whoever says there’s no way they could travel that much or give that much or whatever. It’s not about the getting or keeping up with the Joneses or motives and what's in it for me, it’s about the wonder of small child and the miracle of a sunrise and the beauty of a rainbow stretching across the sky. The peace at the end of the day when there is no reason for it.

I believe.

Alright,

With only one post in the forums, you are not permitted to ask such a question.

SlabyFam

Alright,

SlabyFam

LMAO!

"What does everyone think the motive is here for placing these coins ?"

Does there HAVE to be a motive?

I for one am enjoying waiting and hoping that the GF will make it to Colorado and if they do hopefully it will be in my area so I can run out and get a coin. Who are we to "knock" someone who wants to remain unknown and give us "free" coins?

I am loving this thread and all the logs about finding a coin. I dont' think too much about how it happens. I just keep the GF's profile up at work and refresh it at all times!

I'm keeping the faith and believing.....

Edited by Tank Hounds

Alright,

SlabyFam

:D

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

:lol:

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Lighten up - that statement was a joke and made in good fun.

Lighten up - that statement was a joke and made in good fun.

Throw a smiley or something on there to make sure everyone knows its a joke, with one forum post the new guy may not have known it was a joke.

Alright,

Yep, I know exactly who it is. You can contact them here. As a matter of fact, anyone can. They haven't been hiding at all.