The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

Calling TGF, calling TGF, good fairy ... we have a problem.

My little guy who is 7 came up to me the other night and told me the next tooth he loses he's asking the tooth fairy for one of her GEOCOINs. Having no clue what he was talking about I asked a few more questions. How did he know about a Fairy geocoin? He told me this big guy at the Arizona geocaching event at Someburro's we went to the other night had one. (My little one is a young pirate and will seek out anyone who has tokens and coins -- of which our fellow cacher had a book full he's collected.) My little one now thinks all he has to do is ask and the fairy will bring him one instead of a dollar! Of course I get on the net hoping they were being sold somewhere. Then my geocacher friend informed me the real truth about the GEOCOIN Fairy, to which I then went to this forum to find more out. Sounds like getting a winning lottery ticket has a better chance. But...

Maybe, if the good fairy is reading the forums, she'll notice this plea and the next time she's in Arizona, she might fly by our cache and let us know she's been there ..... it is a place she might be enticed to .... it is called "Where Dragonflies and Fairies Dance." I'm reminded nearly daily a tooth is real loose and I'm working hard to come up with some 'xplainin' for this tooth fairy request. Happy Caching to all!

Alright, alright, alright you hit me where it counts by trying to fulfill a childs dream of recieving a Geocoin Fairy coin in exchange for the tooth.

People are going to call me crazy, but if indeed this is not a hoax you send me your address via my profile and I will send you my personal Geocoin Fairy coin from my collection so you child can wake up with a giant smile on his face. After all it is just a coin <_< .

This is albout the kids right?

You are the best!!!

THAT is the spirit of our sport/game!

People are going to call me crazy, but if indeed this is not a hoax you send me your address via my profile and I will send you my personal Geocoin Fairy coin from my collection so you child can wake up with a giant smile on his face. After all it is just a coin :o .

This is albout the kids right?

I can vouch for the person and the child as I was the one with my Geocoin Fairy Coin. Their children enjoyed my small collection and pointed out several that they liked. I don't recall which coins in particular they liked, but they were told the Geocoin Fairy coin was a "special" coin, and that may have stuck.

Sorry about that "X". I certainly didn't mean to cause any heartbreak in the kids. Best of luck to you on getting your hands on one.

Damenace, that is an awfully kind gesture, you are to be commended.

Thank you Geocoin Fairy I love the coin!

I decided to attempt to get the coin in the Ducks Galore cache in NJ about 2 hours from my house. (After being in Florida for a wedding past midnight on Sat., getting up at 5am to go to the airport, having a few hours before going to work for 15 hours. I think this is the furthest I have ever traveled to get a specific cache and coin. On the way to the cache I was full of energy and excitement so the lack of sleep did not affect me. It is another story on the way home. On the way there I was lucky enough to have loaded the map for that area when I loaded the Florida maps. If the cache had been placed 3-4 miles away it would have been off my GPS map and I would be finding it the old school way. I arrived at the cache site after weaving with trucks, fearing a speeding ticket and almost running out of gas in a little under 2 hours. The fairy I spotted about 5 miles from the cache really filled me with hope and gave me an extra boost (in log below). On the way home I just kept in looking at the coin in disbelief that I had found The Geocoin Fairy's coin. I also had to stop and get a beverage to keep me awake because the sleepy fairy caught up with me. I arrived home safely and collapsed in bed and went to sleep.

Thanks again Geocoin Fairy for a great coin!

Instant Coffee :(

Here is the log for Ducks Galore:

I decided to go to this cache in hope of getting a The Geocoin Fairy's coin. It was after going on a whirlwind visit to West Palm/Miami for a wedding and arriving back home just a few hours before working my 15 hour shift on Sunday. I printed the Cache page and manually entered the coords and headed out. After driving for a while getting anxious....will the coin still be there?? After about 1 hour 40 minutes and a little over 5 miles to go Tinker Bell appears on the blue GMC Yukon in front of me which gave me hope. It is a sign foreshadowing the outcome. I parked by the play ground and there were ducks galore and nobody around. Rushing out of the car with excitement and scaring some of the ducks I head for the cache. The coordinates were right on. At first look with my heart pounding I did not see it but upon further investigation it is in the zipper bag with the log. I got one doing a secret Geocoin Fairy dance (not sure if anyone saw me). Thank you Geocoin Fairy for the precious gift.

The cache was very wet but everything in the zipper bag was dry. I dried out the cache and the swag and placed in another zipper bag. Discarded a unreadable business card. I left travel bug dog tags, a blue and green micro bison tubes, oriental coin, and Angel Snot (the gift of precious fluids from heavens messengers). Signed log and closed lid tightly.

:blink::o:DB):DB):D

TGF spotted in SoCal!

I went for this one cache after work that I had been meaning to get and there was a Fairy coin! Whooo Hoooo!

Put in one of my activated personal coins (hey, how did I know I would need an unactivated coin for the trade? :) ) and TGF actually had signed the log - "9/19/06 TGF". Kind of a quick entry, but Fairies are sometimes in a hurry.

So I came home and logged the find. No entry from TGF! Guess I beat them to the entry. Then an email comes in. TGF visit. Says they just logged the find. Then another e-mail. Another TGF coin in one of my caches!

Well, I got one... Nah, I'll leave it and enjoy the show.

Thanks for getting around down here. Hope the strong winds today did not bother you too much. :D

I haven't read the forums for a few days and I'm sorry I missed your offer Damenace to so generously keep the magic of the tooth fairy for my young geocacher by giving up your prized GeoFairy coin -- you are a good fairy. Thank you Haughton'sHunters for vouching my plea wasn't a made-up story. My little one just loved looking at your collection. My guess one day he'll have his own collection to share and show you. I'm still hoping TGF will fly over to "Where Dragonflies and Fairies Dance." Southern California is very close to PhoenixGCQHD2 ... I do believe in fairies... I do believe in fairies.

Keep this forum going ... I love to hear the stories, too.

:blink:

"You see, Wendy, when the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."

- Sir James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

a_stitch_in_time.jpg

abb578fb-3625-470e-8bc3-ede6487ea398.jpg

I believe.

May the TGF visit you soon.

This is from my grand daughter bella*cacher who found one under her pillow this morning in place of one of the other lost teeth stories.

Aww my Bella got a coin too! Let me see if I can find a pic or two...Here's a short film I made of Bella Discovering her Geocoin Fairy coin. Enjoy!

Edited by UOTrackers

abb578fb-3625-470e-8bc3-ede6487ea398.jpg

I believe.

May the TGF visit you soon.

This is from my grand daughter bella*cacher who found one under her pillow this morning in place of one of the other lost teeth stories.

Aww my Bella got a coin too! Let me see if I can find a pic or two...Here's a short film I made of Bella Discovering her Geocoin Fairy coin. Enjoy!

Oh, your little girl is so cute!

First time on this side of the forums but have been advised by Bobuk that i should inform you all of the small smart little fairy geocoin No.139. that i discovered in his Walled Garden cache in Urmston in Manchester.

seems that the fairy has travelled not only across the US but now over to the UK.

As i don't keep coins will re release somewhere in cheshire...

Iain the bargee

See that 2 of the AU coins were found. Don't understand the "no trade" mention in the log. Can anyone explain if that means what I think it means?

It looks like they grabbed the coins and left nothing. :laughing: That Sucks for the next person!

:laughing:

Boy if I found one here in Michigan (hint, hint visit us again!) I sure would empty out my swag bag!! NO way would I say no swap......

That was such a cute little "film" of the baby discovering TGF coin! Gotta love it!

That's my crazy baby for ya! If it fits in her mouth, that's where it ends up. She received a ladybug coin the other day, still in it's flip, with a #23 on it, her birth date, and she just kept flipping it over and over inspecting it from every angle, then finally in the mouth it went. Crazy baby!

Been watching the caches with the Fairy Geocoins. One has been found this morning. GCK34N Log entry below:

[o:]O.K. I decided last night to replace the Stairway to Marraco bag... to weatherize it. So this morning while I was making potatoe farls I logged on to see if there was anything going on... oh and yes, to actually log my 100th cach that I did about a month ago...so back to geocaching... hmmm, there was a fairy at my cache... so I turned off the stove, left the uncooked farls covered and leashed the hounds... well this is San Diego, no unleashed hounds here... and trotted off to my little cache with a new bag and high hopes of finding a little something. As I rounded the last turn to the baying of the neighbors hounds I checked to see if anyone had made it to the cache before me. The coast... or stairway... was clear... it was a little late and there are plenty of dedicated cachers who would actually get up at the crack of dawn to get loot... so I still had doubts of success.... hmmmmmm looks like I need to replace the altoids tin... looking a little rusty... couldn't get it opened... lucky for me I ate before breakfast... it's a Hobbit thing... so I did have the strength to pry the tin open and find... Cool! Yes I made it, but how did the fairy squeeze that in? hmmmm? Anyhow, got back home, cooked the farls ate two and now have the strength to log the entry! Thanks for the visit!

One more to go! :wub:

Edited by nscaler

"Where Dragonflies and Fairies Dance" cache is official. Though dragonflies can be seen a plenty in Arizona, especially this time of year, there is proof a fairy has danced their, too! TGF, with much patience and persistence, flew over and dropped GeoFairy Coin #2 for a geocoin/tooth fairy-believing 7 year-old who's tooth will be coming out soon. What a kind generous sprite to go to so much trouble. Thank you so much TGF!

Not getting the cache log till late into the night, I put my little one to bed and left immediately (yes, he was being cared for) to see if the coin was still there. I was a little worried being such a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Much to my surprise not only did I find the most adorable token that was left for my little one, but I believe I saw a fairy dancing in the night sky over the glistening waters nearby.

Who art thou, TGF? I think a bit of Peter Pan!

"Pan, who and what art thou?" he [Hook] cried huskily.

"I'm youth, I'm joy," Peter answered at a venture, "I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg." -- Peter Pan

peter_pan,_tinkerbell.jpg

Edited by X_MarksTheSpot

"Where Dragonflies and Fairies Dance" cache is official. Though dragonflies can be seen a plenty in Arizona, especially this time of year, there is proof a fairy has danced their, too! TGF, with much patience and persistence, flew over and dropped GeoFairy Coin #2 for a geocoin/tooth fairy-believing 7 year-old who's tooth will be coming out soon. What a kind generous sprite to go to so much trouble. Thank you so much TGF!

Not getting the cache log till late into the night, I put my little one to bed and left immediately (yes, he was being cared for) to see if the coin was still there. I was a little worried being such a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Much to my surprise not only did I find the most adorable token that was left for my little one, but I believe I saw a fairy dancing in the night sky over the glistening waters nearby.

Who art thou, TGF? I think a bit of Peter Pan!

"Pan, who and what art thou?" he [Hook] cried huskily.

"I'm youth, I'm joy," Peter answered at a venture, "I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg." -- Peter Pan

peter_pan,_tinkerbell.jpg

Congratulations!! I have to say, if you didn't believe in the Geocoin Fairy before this story is good reason to believe in the Geocoin Fairy now.

Thank you GCF for making someones dreams come true and allowing me to keep my Geocoin Fairy :huh: .

That Geocoin Fairy is loggin' a lot of miles on his / her / its little wings. Dropped three coins in Northeast Indiana around the Pokagon Cachers' Campout this weekend!

First drop, where I found the coin. Thanks, Geocoin Fairy!!!!! :huh: Here's our log for the cache. The weird thing is...we hadn't even LOOKED at that cache's logs the day before! We just knew that lots and lots of teams were hitting the cache on Saturday, so since we were planning on coming back to the park early Sunday morning to finish out the event weekend, we figured we'd make our first stop in the park a re-stocking run! Boy, were we glad we did - we beat the Wolverine Warriors to the cache (and the coin) by less than 30 minutes!

Here was the second coin drop.

And Here is the pickup log. Ironically, it, too was picked up by the owner on a maintenance run. Being the closest cache to the event Ground Zero, it was pretty much cleaned out by Saturday night, so she decided to check on it and restock.

And here is the last cache of the weekend. Checkout TGF's log and the pickup log...

THANK YOU, GEOCOIN FAIRY, WHOEVER YOU ARE! You made 3 people VERY happy this weekend!