The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

Another Georgia coin and I still can not get it. Instead yesterday I did this:

Beware this is a little graphic......

That is our 2 yr old Maddie. There is a 1-1/2 inch cut and 10 stiches. My poor baby..... :tired:

Please please fairy fly a little more deep south in Georgia, Macon is on the way to Flordia and you have not been there yet......;)

But I give a BIG Congrats to UOTrackers! She really deserved a coin! :blink:

That is our 2 yr old Maddie. There is a 1-1/2 inch cut and 10 stiches. My poor baby..... :laughing:

Please please fairy fly a little more deep south in Georgia, Macon is on the way to Flordia and you have not been there yet......:laughing:

But I give a BIG Congrats to UOTrackers! She really deserved a coin! <_<

Bless her heart! What happened?

She and her oldest sister were running down the hall way and the big sis tryed to pass her and she tripped and hit her head right on the corner of the wall....the part with the metal corner bead. Left a good size dent in the wall too.

Now how many time have I said to not run in the house.......I think they have learned the lesson the hard way..... :laughing:<_<:laughing:

So at work, a few days ago, I explained that I had this "emergency" going on where I was going to have to borrow a computer to access the internet several times a day. And everyone just looks at me. One of the guys, says "its that coin stuff isn't it?" Well yeah, I'm addicted and I'm one of those folks who have been burning up the wires watching TGF's cache logs. And how wonderful that the Gold cache is only a mile from work so I could say "scuse me scuse me" and dash off to nab it. I'm telling you the cache area was still shining, this fairy was definitely sprinkling fairy dust along with the awesome coin. Too darned cool.

:blink::laughing::huh:;):laughing:<_<:blink:

That is our 2 yr old Maddie. There is a 1-1/2 inch cut and 10 stiches. My poor baby..... :D

Please please fairy fly a little more deep south in Georgia, Macon is on the way to Flordia and you have not been there yet......:D

But I give a BIG Congrats to UOTrackers! She really deserved a coin! :D

Oh, I hope Maddie feels a bit better when she see's what the Fairy left in your cache today! I was getting ready to package my coin up to send to her just now when I read this, so I'm happy both our little girls have cute coins to hold onto! I love fairies!

Got a new member of the household today. Look what he has to say:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/Must...ocoinfairy2.png

Mustangjoni, How sweet of you to take a orphan into your home! I hope that an orphan coin comes your way. Being as busy as you are with the new baby, I hope you are able to run after one, when and if the time comes. IF, not, I will be glad to help! :D

It is amazing how things work out sometimes. I went theough several stages of geocoin madness within a short amount of time. First there was excitement: Geocoin Fairy Coins in PA; then there was disappointment: I saw no way that I would be able to get it before we had to leave for MI; then there was excitement (again), since Brian was not getting home on time; and finally sheer joy as I pulled the coin from the cache. WE GOT ONE! I don't know when we are leaving for MI, but I got a fairy coin. You can read about it here:Hughes Bridge. THANKS fairy!

It is amazing how things work out sometimes. I went theough several stages of geocoin madness within a short amount of time. First there was excitement: Geocoin Fairy Coins in PA; then there was disappointment: I saw no way that I would be able to get it before we had to leave for MI; then there was excitement (again), since Brian was not getting home on time; and finally sheer joy as I pulled the coin from the cache. WE GOT ONE! I don't know when we are leaving for MI, but I got a fairy coin. You can read about it here:Hughes Bridge. THANKS fairy!

I just love reading the stories of those who picked them up!

Doesn't the Geocoin Fairy know about Wisconsin? We have many magical things here. Afraid the Packers will need some of that magic this year. :huh:

~~

The Packers, the Brewers and the Bucks. We need alot of help here in Wisconsin. It's cooling off and no threat of hurricains here. The leaves will be changing colors and with the cooler temps you can fly as long as you want.

Edited by Vegas Gamblers

Yes yes yes....we could not find our own cache! But to our defense it was moved 8 vertical feet and 80 horizontal feet from the original hide! :unsure:

Here are pics with Maddie and her coin:

65a8353f-2d34-40ba-b4a2-eadb4381a2f.jpg91a57213-dfd2-4015-9da2-0dd1a6f11c8.jpg

I can not say how much I thank the person (people) responsible for this! We told Maddie yesterday that she had a geocache present and she has been excited since and she has carried her little coin around today.

She is on cloud9.gif

ThankYou.gifThankYou.gifThankYou.gif

Yes yes yes....we could not find our own cache! But to our defense it was moved 8 vertical feet and 80 horizontal feet from the original hide! :)

I can not say how much I thank the person (people) responsible for this! We told Maddie yesterday that she had a geocache present and she has been excited since and she has carried her little coin around today.

She is on cloud9.gif

Thanks for posting... This is the stuff that makes listening to the complainers bearable. She looks so excited..

:D

Yes yes yes....we could not find our own cache! But to our defense it was moved 8 vertical feet and 80 horizontal feet from the original hide! :)

She is on cloud9.gif

Thanks for posting... This is the stuff that makes listening to the complainers bearable. She looks so excited..

:D

I agree - I've enjoyed this thread like no other in a long time - the pics of the kids are priceless! Thank you all for sharing and I look forward to hearing more (I hope - eh, GCF?)

T1

If I was a fairy, :) I'd be geocaching for the holiday.

:) Alas, I am not...so I must work. :) In fact, I must work (again) about 15 miles away from a green jeep in a geocache with no way to get to said green jeep because I am working :) . *sigh* I would love :) a geocoin fairy coin, but I would settle for the green jeep. :) Instead, I'm getting about 2' of sticky red mud and no caching at all. :D

Everyone think of me and my sticky mud as they are out grilling and swimming and caching. :P

Well....at least I found 1 today (met a fellow geocacher on accident to share a FTF) :laughing: and I DON'T have any stitches in my head (or elsewhere) to get removed next week (ouch!). Lovely stories and pictures :P.

~the Dew~

I don't know what ELSE the Geocoin Fairy was doing for the holiday weekend, but he/she decided to pay a little visit to one of my caches here in Utah. I had no idea TGF even knew where any of my caches were. But this evening as I was catching up on my emails after a long day filled with church and family responsibilities, I saw this little cache log notification that this afternoon The Geocoin Fairy had visited one of my caches that is only about a mile from my home. My heart skipped a beat and I had to re-read the log to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, or something.

But no, it was real, and there were no other log messages for that cache. So I told my wife, LadyLeAnn, that I had to run down to check on my cache. She was already in bed for the night but when I quickly explained what I was doing, she rolled her eyes and said, "You'd better hurry then."

The Geocoin Fairy's log mentioned being a little frustrated with too many DNFs today, so he/she was glad to finally find a good cache. My cache IS a good cache. It's a Travel Bug Hotel in a vacant lot next to a real hotel here in little old American Fork, Utah. It is hanging in a Russian Olive tree and tends to attract a family of wasps, who, by the way don't seem to mind having geocachers come to visit as long as they behave themselves.

In my hurry to arrive before any other cachers happened to show up, and in my angst to find the little gift the Geocoin Fairy leaves, I almost succumbed to dispair when I didn't see it sitting on top of the other contents of the cache. I had to tell myself to settle down and look again. So I carefully removed and re-examined each travel bug in the cache and all of the other little things that have collected there over the years (it's been there a long time, now.) But persistence and patience DOES pay off. Down in the very bottom of the cache, underneath the business cards and refrigerator magnets, THERE WAS MY PRIZE.

I thought, "WHOA, REALLY? Could it possibly be true?" After hearing that Damenace had been lucky enough to get one of these coins not too long ago, I had no idea that the Geocoin Fairy would come back here and so soon. And I had NO idea that one of my humble little caches would ever be graced by a visit from The Good Fairy.

So, boys and girls, don't give up hope.

I can't say whether or not begging and displays of cute little children with longing expressions on their faces will help persuade the Geocoin Fairy to visit your area, but it seems that there must be SOMETHING good that drew The Geocoin Fairy here.

And to The Geocoin Fairy, THANK YOU for your visit and for the beautiful little gift you left for me. I really appreciate it. That coin will hold a special place in my collection.

--SirGerald

Edited by SirGerald

Congrats SirGerald on your find, I was beginning to wonder if any more Geocoin Fairy coins where going to appear in Utah.

You certainly had a closer drive than I did thats for sure. Did you see where the other coin is placed. It is in a UJ cache but out near Tooele. I am at work right now and it is only about 20 minutes away from where I am at. That sure is alot closer than my 2 hour drive.

Not a lot of people that collect coins are out in that area, it will be fun to watch and see who gets it.