The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

Does it surprise you about some of the people who already have the fairy coin? The same people who received the Santa coins? :o

Well, I guess the fairy won't come visit me, seeing that Santa didn't visit me as well. ;)

Well, Santa came to visit us, but I haven't seen the Fairy coin, unless Kealia is hiding "the precious".....

I wish the fairy would visit me...

I guess I'll have to keep an eye out, and keep my car full of gas for that impromptu trip...

edit:

i see the fairy visited EZ Muny about 3 days after I did, wish I would have kept tabs on it... still probably wouldn't have been special enough to beat out Thorny for the find :rolleyes:

Edited by ~tasia~

WELCOME TO CANADA!!! I found one! <_<

I couldn't believe it -- more the the point -- Princess Maddy (my 5 year old daughter) couldn't believe it.

Thank you Geocoin Fairy -- may your wings always carry you through clear skies and magical lands. I hope you enjoyed our beautiful weather today and all the wonderful views you must have seen.

congrats damenace. Has anyone talked to the fairy to see what the run on these coins are?? They seem to be very valuable now, but if he/she puts out 1000 or so what will that do to them.

Duane

NOLEFAN9399

I think that the uniqueness in how they are being placed will keep their value high. I think the Geocoin fairy is very lucky to be able to get to all these wonderful caches! I've often thought that if we were ever to win the Lotto we'd buy a RV and travel all over the US, teaching our daughter and enjoying caches in places we never knew existed.

Keep up the fun work GeoFairy!

PS it's a neat design, if only I could use some of Amy Browns fairy artwork!

PPS: Where do you think she'll land next?

Yay, snagged one this morning!

I read your logs after I saw your post. I laughed at the cache log where you found a coin. Congrats on getting it!

So someone took the coin from the other cache without saying so? That stinks. That's why I won't run out to the SE side of the lake to check on the unlogged one here. I figure it was taken the same day.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I read your logs after I saw your post. I laughed at the cache log where you found a coin. Congrats on getting it!

So someone took the coin from the other cache without saying so? That stinks. That's why I won't run out to the SE side of the lake to check on the unlogged one here. I figure it was taken the same day.

Lemon Fresh Dog did a little sleuthing and at the other cache where I was hoping to snag a Geocoin Fairy coin ( I arrived just after 5:00 AM, ugh ) he discovered that an earlier cache actually took the coin. However, the cacher didn't note in either log that the took the coin. He listed other trades, but not for the Geocoin Fairy coin, :rolleyes:

Lemon Fresh Dog did a little sleuthing and at the other cache where I was hoping to snag a Geocoin Fairy coin ( I arrived just after 5:00 AM, ugh ) he discovered that an earlier cache actually took the coin. However, the cacher didn't note in either log that the took the coin. He listed other trades, but not for the Geocoin Fairy coin, :rolleyes:

Yes, it's true -- I e-mailed them and they did admit to having the coin, but no log. Strangely, they did note other trades, but I guess they didn't trade anything worthy of a coin into the cache and didn't wish to admit as much. A "little" sad -- I almost ran out there myself to try and get the second one (which I most certainly would have passed along to another cacher!).

It was pretty exciting to see some here in Calgary! That Geocoin Fairy is definately in the good books of this puppy -- I will always treasure the one I found...... I also read Nicolo's find log... haha! The lady must have thought he was possessed!

Heh, well that same cacher said "took carabiner and left broken watch"

Um, how is that trading even or up anyway. Who the heck wants a broken item? I don't know, but I always try to improve the swag quality when I visit a cache.

Saw one in the houston area was taken and not logged as well. I hate that.

Saw one in the houston area was taken and not logged as well. I hate that.

I don't quite understand why someone wouldn't log that they took the coin :rolleyes: , I guess for me aside from the excitement, it is a little bragging :anibad: .

As for trading I hardly ever trade at caches I usually just sign logs and leave signature items. When I took off to get the one I have, I actually had to go back home to get a coin to leave in the cache as a trade item. I felt a coin for a coin was fair.

... if only I could use some of Amy Browns fairy artwork!

Hey!! Another Amy Brown fan!! :(

My daughter absolutely loves her work.(I think they're pretty nice as well)

She wants anything by her.

Last year for her birthday she got around $100 cash. She spent every penny (and about another $25 of mine :( ) buying these hanging figurines done from Amy's artwork. Now they are hanging from the ceiling over her bed!

Have to keep the cat out of there though! Too tempting!! :rolleyes::anibad:

Sorry... Back on topic!

I was lucky enough to see GaCacher's find at our Coosa Valley Cachers meeting Thursday night!

Very Cool!! ;)

Wish the fairy would make it up into the NW Ga area. ;)

D-man :D

Alright. I am going to risk the foot in mouth trick again. Here is a link to frappr that shows all teh locatiosn that the Geocoin Fairy has visited. I plugged them in my city this time rather than coordinates and it seems to work better. The only one that Frappr had a hard time with was EvanDale, Ohio. I will work on that one. Feel free to join the map and add locations as they appear.

Geocoin Fairy Travels

"I almost ran out there myself to try and get the second one (which I most certainly would have passed along to another cacher!)."

It would also not be appropriate to run out and grab the second fairy geocoin. Let someone find it instead of allowing you to determine who it goes to.

:rolleyes:

Yeah -- when I said almost I was kinda not serious.... sort of one of those "fleeting" thoughts that you have pass through your head. I always leave coins I have to others.

Alright. I am going to risk the foot in mouth trick again. Here is a link to frappr that shows all teh locatiosn that the Geocoin Fairy has visited. I plugged them in my city this time rather than coordinates and it seems to work better. The only one that Frappr had a hard time with was EvanDale, Ohio. I will work on that one. Feel free to join the map and add locations as they appear.

Geocoin Fairy Travels

Cool, thanks

Geocoin Fairy Travels

Yay I was gonna go enter them all into streets and trips tonight this is soooo much easier! It's really fun just watching all of this! Kinda makes me want to be some secret coin giver, course my husband would have a heart attack!

Anyone got a spare plane ticket to California? Im not doing anything for the next 8 hours, and I'd give it a shot at those three :o

While everyone is scrambling to get to California, I am going to Portland to head the Fairy off :lol: . The Fairy had mentioned in the California logs that he/she is headed to Oregon.

Don't bother coming to California. All three are gone, and only one was traded for fairly. :lol:

Well that sucks. And here, I thought GA was the only place with inconsiderate cachers.

And they were soooo close to me, but I am out of town :o. Even if you have a cache in the front of your house, you might not be the first one to find it with the number of cachers around.

Anyone got a spare plane ticket to California? Im not doing anything for the next 8 hours, and I'd give it a shot at those three :o

Don't bother coming to California. All three are gone, and only one was traded for fairly. :lol:

Well I am one of the lucky finders and I DID trade fairly. What an adventure, I still can not believe that I found this coin. YIPPEE :o

Don't bother coming to California. All three are gone, and only one was traded for fairly. :o

Well that sucks. And here, I thought GA was the only place with inconsiderate cachers.

And they were soooo close to me, but I am out of town :D. Even if you have a cache in the front of your house, you might not be the first one to find it with the number of cachers around.

:lol: This isn't true. The cache I found was basically in the front of someones yard and they where even there :o .

Anyone got a spare plane ticket to California? Im not doing anything for the next 8 hours, and I'd give it a shot at those three :)

Don't bother coming to California. All three are gone, and only one was traded for fairly. :)

Well I am one of the lucky finders and I DID trade fairly. What an adventure, I still can not believe that I found this coin. YIPPEE :)

Congratulations on your find .

And they were soooo close to me, but I am out of town :D. Even if you have a cache in the front of your house, you might not be the first one to find it with the number of cachers around.

:anicute: This isn't true. The cache I found was basically in the front of someones yard and they where even there :P .

Probably depends on where you live. A place like the bay area has SO many coiners (got that term from The Moop Along) that there is more competition to get one.

summerandanna, your log for the cache where you found one was great! lol!! Congrats on getting a coin.

Even though there is a great frapper ma, I'm a streets and trips gal. So last night I put in all the caches the Geocoin Fairy has hit so far, and even though I know she's flying I decided today to see how many (approximate) miles she's gone. Let me tell you that Fairy has got some pretty amazing fuel! If only our cars could run on fairy dust!

Trip 1 – Trip 2 874.8 miles Texas to Alabama

Trip 2 – Trip 3 2316.8 miles Alabama to California

Trip 3 – Trip 4 2496.8 miles California to Georgia

Trip 4 – Trip 5 2026.3 miles Georgia to Nevada

Trip 5 – Trip 6 1966.5 miles Nevada to Ohio

Trip 6 – Trip 7 1180.3 miles Ohio to Ontario to Maine

Trip 7 – Trip 8 24367.6 miles Maine to Utah

Trip 8 – Trip 9 514.0 miles Utah to Alberta

Trip 9 – Trip 10 2241.3 miles Alberta to Texas (right where she started!)

Trip 10 – Trip 11 2777.3 miles Texas to California to Oregon to Washington

After putting in all the cache locations last night I dreampt about fairies all night too! I'm really enjoying this mystery, watching where she goes, trying to figure things out. I've never been much for mysteries till now, what fun! When the Santa coins started appearing did this sort of thing happen then too? I can't wait to see where she gfoes next, my guess is New York!

Edited by UOTrackers

And they were soooo close to me, but I am out of town :(. Even if you have a cache in the front of your house, you might not be the first one to find it with the number of cachers around.

B) This isn't true. The cache I found was basically in the front of someones yard and they where even there :huh: .

Probably depends on where you live. A place like the bay area has SO many coiners (got that term from The Moop Along) that there is more competition to get one.

summerandanna, your log for the cache where you found one was great! lol!! Congrats on getting a coin.

To quote me, since there are very few "coiners" up here in NWO, maybe Toledo's not on the Fairy Frappr list :ph34r:

What's the cost of living out in the Bay area? B)

** edited for content

Edited by The Moop Along

Guess who made it to Arizona!!!! Yep, the Geocoin Fairy made it here, even in all the heat! Don't know how many coins she plans on dropping, but I got 1 out of This Cache which is near the airport (coincidence?).

Beautiful coin and I'm glad to have one! I never heard about the Santa coins that others have talked about, guess I got into coins too late. Guess TGF felt sorry for me maybe, who knows.

Any cachers in Arizona, keep your eyes open, from what I've seen, TGF seems to drop multiple coins at a time. Guess it'd be a waste to just drop one...long trip for one coin.