The Geocoin Fairy Geocoin?

WWC-World's Worst Cacher

gosh...I sure wish the geocoin fairy would visit Idaho with her lovely coins :huh:

I second that, except it needs to be Utah :blink: . I would post my address here to make it easier but I am afraid of the hate mail I might get :blink: . Who ever the fairy may be please look around for my address, I have made many trades, I am sure someone still has it :blink: .

I am seriously considering driving the 100 or so miles one way to get the one in GA. But of course by the time I got there it would probably be gone, she did drop it a few days ago.

EDIT: It is interesting to note that AG found the GA cache just the day before the fairy visit......hummmm

Edited by ParentsofSAM

I am seriously considering driving the 100 or so miles one way to get the one in GA. But of course by the time I got there it would probably be gone, she did drop it a few days ago.

EDIT: It is interesting to note that AG found the GA cache just the day before the fairy visit......hummmm

I wouldn't make that drive and I'm closer than you. You know first hand the coin thieves that reside in our state. I'm sure that coin is long gone. Save yourself the gas money.

I've been following Mtn-Man's logs recently. Seems he's found a few caches that were supposed to have coin swag left the visit before his and the coins are gone when he arrives... nothing mentioned in on site logs either.

As far as me finding that cache the day before goes, someone's just messing with me I'm sure. It wouldn't be the first time, lol!

Hmmm... We're flyin' to Vegas in a couple of hours with a 4 hour layover in Atlanta... wonder if we can make it??

:blink:

I wouldn't make that drive and I'm closer than you. You know first hand the coin thieves that reside in our state. I'm sure that coin is long gone. Save yourself the gas money.

I've been following Mtn-Man's logs recently. Seems he's found a few caches that were supposed to have coin swag left the visit before his and the coins are gone when he arrives... nothing mentioned in on site logs either.

As far as me finding that cache the day before goes, someone's just messing with me I'm sure. It wouldn't be the first time, lol!

:blink:

:blink: :blink: Good Luck to you if you go to get it.

Hi!

Has anyone tried contacting this mysterious Geocoin Fairy? We did. We asked how we could get one of these great coins for our collection. Here is the response we received:

"My coins are only for caches. I don't trade or sell them. In my line of work, I travel near and far. It is my intent to place them in as many states and countries as I can get to. It will just take some time for me to get around. My wings are still very tired from my last few trips." TGF

HMMMMMMMMM..... who might this mysterious mythical creature be???? :blink: And MAYBE they aren't a she...... maybe a HE???? Or THEM????? :huh:

Edited by Ryder3 & Better Half

Wow, tired fairy. Ohio was the lucky state of the day.

I hope she comes back to GA but a little more south than Atlanta. Maybe like Central GA......a girl can dream can't she....

Very nice of the fairy. Very nice person ummm I mean fairy indeed. :blink:

I am still waiting for my Santa Coin! Glad to see one found within 15 miles of me. That gives me hope.

nielsenc

Like the old Disney song says:

"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference where you are".....

You have to believe hard enough in the little Fairy. In a way, this story reminds me a lot about another coin that appeared mysteriously in a few caches last December. At that time though, it was a little man with a sleigh that seemed to have stirred up the geocoin community.

Does this bring back memories? :D

I guess we will have to be on the look-out for Fairy dust while caching.......... :huh: Very nice coin.

:) Took me a while to finish my note and I see someone else was thinking along the same lines. :blink:

Edited by Big JohnP

Well now, if I visited the coin forums more often lately I would have understood what I found last week. I found one of these in a rusty altoids container in Hoover, Alabama - the bag had rust on it and I just threw it in my pack to clean up and move along, didn't even look at the coin and immediately forgot about it (blame 13 hour work days). Tonight I found it again when I was cleaning and restocking my swag bag and was surprised I didn't recognize it, so I figured it was a local 'bama cacher's trade item. Now I know - very cool! Thanks Geocoin Fairy!

T1

Interesting -- are all the caches the coin fairy visited near airports? I suspect that this is someone that works for an airline given the geographic diversity of the coins.

Calgary (where I live) has many, many international flights and flights from the USA. So I am going to try some caches on Thursday and Tuesday in the area -- this seems to be a heavy day for flights from Texas and Eastern regions of the US (actually -- there are some California, Colorado and Nevada flights on these days as well).

Interesting -- are all the caches the coin fairy visited near airports? I suspect that this is someone that works for an airline given the geographic diversity of the coins.

Calgary (where I live) has many, many international flights and flights from the USA. So I am going to try some caches on Thursday and Tuesday in the area -- this seems to be a heavy day for flights from Texas and Eastern regions of the US (actually -- there are some California, Colorado and Nevada flights on these days as well).

I don't think the airports and traveling have as much to due with the distribution of this coin as the postal system does. My suspicion is that the "fairy" has little helpers just like "santa" did last year.

August 24 by The Geocoin Fairy (11 found)

Stopped by this cache very early this morning before daybreak. The silouetted view was quite beautiful and I took a little while to rest from my recent travels and enjoy the peacefulness of a new day dawning. I took nothing, but left a little something for another cacher to find. Thank you for the cache.

TGF

One was dropped in Maine this morning. :(

Hmmmmmmm and I have the 2 closest caches within walking distance of the airport. Maybe the geocoin fairy will make it to one of them some day. :(

Are these coins put there for people to keep or are they put out to be moved along?

I dont see them being trackable, so the rule of thumb is, To Keep. Also, some people ask that you trade 'fair' which would be another coin. For me, if I were to find one and didnt have a coin to trade, I would make up for it ASAP with a coin in a cache.

nielsenc

Looks like the coin from the Texas cache was icked up by the cache owner and they intend on keeping it. Seems like the Fairy would frown on that.

Correct...the Texas coin was picked up by the cache owner...however, the Geocoin Fairy was emailed and gave her permission, and the cache owner replaced the Geocoin Fairy coin with a TN micro and an unactivated 2005 USA geocoin...maybe. The Geocoin Fairy is just resting on the way to your area 9key...it's only about 120 miles... :laughing:

Edited by Team OleOmi

Well Kat6 and I where heading to the Coosa Valley Meeting tonight and Kat6 had a AG Fenff Shui traveling coin and we stopped to drop that coin in "AG Fan" cache by Johnnie, and to pull a TB out for our trip to Florida tomorrow.. Much to our suprise the Fairy coin was there! So Kat6 has the coin on her desk in her collection! What a neat find.

Looks like the coin from the Texas cache was icked up by the cache owner and they intend on keeping it. Seems like the Fairy would frown on that.

Correct...the Texas coin was picked up by the cache owner...however, the Geocoin Fairy was emailed and gave her permission, and the cache owner replaced the Geocoin Fairy coin with a TN micro and an unactivated 2005 USA geocoin...maybe. The Geocoin Fairy is just resting on the way to your area 9key...it's only about 120 miles... :o

If she gets closer to Dallas, I think 9key and I would be in a race! LOL