The Colorado Thread

RocketMan

I'll be visiting in Denver next week and was wondering if anyone has a bookmark list of downtown Denver caches. I'll be at the Convention Center, but will not have transportation. Can you suggest any nearby caches?

I don't have a ready made bookmark of the downtown caches, but when you are there go for the wx cache. :blink:

Hi all . . .

I am back in Colorado and have been here for a couple of weeks. I'll be heading back to San Diego in the next few days, but could hang around if anyone wants to go caching.

Right now I'm in Lakewood, but have a place to stay in Littleton for a while before heading back when the weather looks best for travel through the mountains.

Looking forward to meeting some of you Colorado cachers. I also have some coins for you to "Discover." :tired:

Hi all . . .

I am back in Colorado and have been here for a couple of weeks. I'll be heading back to San Diego in the next few days, but could hang around if anyone wants to go caching.

Right now I'm in Lakewood, but have a place to stay in Littleton for a while before heading back when the weather looks best for travel through the mountains.

Looking forward to meeting some of you Colorado cachers. I also have some coins for you to "Discover." :tired:

If your going back to San DDiego by interstate 70 drop me a PM or Email, so maybe we can set up a meeting spot. :blink:

Hi all . . .

Looking forward to meeting some of you Colorado cachers. I also have some coins for you to "Discover." :laughing:

If you can get to Loveland on Monday the 6th, I'm going to take a ride into the hills to do some scouting for the upcoming Event and you're more than welcome to come along for the ride. And there are some caches up there that don't require long hikes.

Hi all . . .

Looking forward to meeting some of you Colorado cachers. I also have some coins for you to "Discover." :laughing:

Hi Miragee

I am not far from you and I was already thinking about doing some caching tomorrow if you want to join up. I have not picked an area yet, so I am open. Respond here, drop me an email (igeocache@gmail.com) or give me a call (you can get my # from Trailgators if you don't have it). RM

Awesome photo. I have to catch the changing colors up there this year. I can't wait.

Be prepared to move quick, then. The colors are here and gone before you know it.

You aren't kidding. I was up there this weekend and some of the Aspens are starting to turn already. RM

I was thinking about caching down near the Springs. The area around Gold Camp Road and the adjacent trails looks promising. Anyone down in the Springs know if the off road trails in this area are open right now?

We could meet in Castle Rock and I can drive the Jeep. Anyone else interested in joining in? RM

Edited by RocketMan

I was thinking about caching down near the Springs. The area around Gold Camp Road and the adjacent trails looks promising. Anyone down in the Springs know if the off road trails in this area are open right now?

This is the general area:

This is the specific area:

We could meet in Castle Rock and I can drive the Jeep. Anyone else interested in joining in? RM

Hello RocketMan and all interested, I would be very interested in joining up here in Colorado Springs!

Might want to post to the local group (State group for good measure? - www.geocachingcolo.com) to garner some interest as well:

COSGEO - Colorado South Geocachers

I'll even bring along my very own Jeep to keep the others company.

Many of the trails up there are accessible and open,

we can narrow down a few and I could scout out before hand if needed.

Contact me through my profile or directly at: my_geocaching_name_that_starts_with_Mr at gmail dot com

Edited by MrCOgeo
Hi all . . .

Looking forward to meeting some of you Colorado cachers. I also have some coins for you to "Discover." :blink:

If you can get to Loveland on Monday the 6th, I'm going to take a ride into the hills to do some scouting for the upcoming Event and you're more than welcome to come along for the ride. And there are some caches up there that don't require long hikes.

Wow . . . that sounds like fun. :laughing: My car is very, very full of stuff, but my schedule is open, so that would be possible, as long as I have a safe place to leave my car.

Hi Miragee

I am not far from you and I was already thinking about doing some caching tomorrow if you want to join up. I have not picked an area yet, so I am open. Respond here, drop me an email (igeocache@gmail.com) or give me a call (you can get my # from Trailgators if you don't have it). RM

Hi RocketMan,

I will be finally closing up my mother's apartment tomorrow and won't be caching until the afternoon. I think I'll get my second cousin, her husband, and their daughter hooked then. :unsure: Are there any caches we shouldn't miss in the Littleton area?

Sorry to hear you can't make it tomorrow Miragee.

MrCOgeo - I sent you an email earlier today. I'm off now to lose money in poker at a neighbors house, but if you are still interested, just name a place to meet in the Springs tomorrow morning. I can make it down there by 9 or 10 am. Thanks, RM

The cache outing that was tentatively planned for today has been moved to tomorrow (Sun 11/5). Anyone who is interested is welcome to join in. So far, it is me and MrCOgeo. We are going to hit the caches around the Gold Camp Road/N.Cheyenne Canyon Road area SW of Colorado Springs. We may be on some dirt roads, but there shouldn't be anything difficult. Post here if you want to join us.

We will meet at the Stratton Open Space parking area (N38 47.717 W104 51.503 Approx) at 10:00 am.

Here is a search link for the caches in the area which will give you this map:

b4d9c035-6e83-48f4-9657-d387eb10bc1e.jpg

Here is an overview of the area:

81d7d34e-454b-4419-a2ca-06414a876531.jpg

I will be driving the red Rubicon:

183c711e-9962-4b4e-8cb0-bebced010485.jpg

Edited by RocketMan

Aloha,

We're headed to Boulder for Thanksgiving week and we realize that we should find our 400th cache during our visit. We're wondering if you have any suggetions for a memorable cache in or near Boulder. We're visiting family (no all day caching) & when we do go we'll most likely have our 6 year old nephew with us. We won't have time for a long hike, but a not be missed short one (less than 2 miles RT) would be doable. We may head up to Estes so a cache near there or even Nederland would be good. Also we must go to REI, so the northside of Denver would work too. Thanks in advance for your help!

s&j

Aloha,

We're headed to Boulder for Thanksgiving week and we realize that we should find our 400th cache during our visit. We're wondering if you have any suggetions for a memorable cache in or near Boulder. We're visiting family (no all day caching) & when we do go we'll most likely have our 6 year old nephew with us. We won't have time for a long hike, but a not be missed short one (less than 2 miles RT) would be doable. We may head up to Estes so a cache near there or even Nederland would be good. Also we must go to REI, so the northside of Denver would work too. Thanks in advance for your help!

s&j

Wow! Sounds like you'll be having fun! Hopefully the weather will be nice for you.

As for caches near Boulder/Estes Park, go to this page for searches.

For recommended ones to hit, see this page.

Boulder has quite a few nice caches; the area is beautiful. Here's a few to consider:

C.A.C.H.E. Cache: A fairly easy multi that ends along the river. Good to walk or drive.

Earthcache Central: A nice and easy cache at the place where Earthcaches are coordinated.

There are plenty of other caches in the area, but I can't speak to many of them yet (I haven't found them!)

I am coming down to Colorado Springs next week for a few days. I plan to shop, see friends and geocache. I will spending most of my time near the courthouse so I was wondering if there are any quick caches or night time caches in the area? I don't plan on sleeping as there is so much to do and so little time. :anicute:

Thanks

I am coming down to Colorado Springs next week for a few days. I plan to shop, see friends and geocache. I will spending most of my time near the courthouse so I was wondering if there are any quick caches or night time caches in the area? I don't plan on sleeping as there is so much to do and so little time. :anicute:

Thanks

I'm free Mon-Wed next week (11/20-11/22) so if you need a local to help you out, let me know.

There aren't many quick caches in downtown, but a short distance away is the Quail Lake cache. There are a couple of other caches in the same area.

Logan's Stash is close to the freeway and it looks like there are a couple of other caches nearby as well.

Wow! Sounds like you'll be having fun! Hopefully the weather will be nice for you.

As for caches near Boulder/Estes Park, go to this page for searches.

For recommended ones to hit, see this page.

Boulder has quite a few nice caches; the area is beautiful. Here's a few to consider:

C.A.C.H.E. Cache: A fairly easy multi that ends along the river. Good to walk or drive.

Earthcache Central: A nice and easy cache at the place where Earthcaches are coordinated.

There are plenty of other caches in the area, but I can't speak to many of them yet (I haven't found them!)

Thanks for the suggestions and links. As it happens we found both the caches you mentioned on our visit last year. (Our annual taste of cold weather). Depending on the snow situation we might try to find the Colorado Cache Across America for 400. Since we hid the Hawaii cache for the series it will be fun to find one.

I am coming down to Colorado Springs next week for a few days. I plan to shop, see friends and geocache. I will spending most of my time near the courthouse so I was wondering if there are any quick caches or night time caches in the area? I don't plan on sleeping as there is so much to do and so little time. :anibad:

Thanks

I'm free Mon-Wed next week (11/20-11/22) so if you need a local to help you out, let me know.

There aren't many quick caches in downtown, but a short distance away is the Quail Lake cache. There are a couple of other caches in the same area.

Logan's Stash is close to the freeway and it looks like there are a couple of other caches nearby as well.

Thanks for the hints and for the offer for help. We recently moved from Colorado Springs after being there 4 years so I do, somewhat, know my way around. We are new to geocaching though so I have never cached in the Springs before so some help might be appreciated :o I will look at your recommendations though and thanks again for the help.

Aloha,

s&j

Hope you enjoy your visit to our wonderful state. Wish I knew my upcoming schedule and I could give you one hell of a cache tour if you had the time, for I have caches that rank from a simple 1 x 1 to a 5 x 5. Hope you have fun and don't over Eat on T Day.

Looks like this thread is dying out again!

Anyone looking to go geocaching this weekend (Turkey Day weekend)? I've got four days off, and the weather's supposed to be good... Would love to get together with someone to go huntin'! I'm in the North Denver area, but am willing to travel!

Let me know!!!

We really need to have another event. I love getting together with people to hunt, and since I got separated, buddies are hard to find!

Edited by dingodave

HECK YEAH!!

I will be starting my 4X4 bookmarks. Now that I have a vehicle that will do that. I sacrificed my Z28 but this will get me to way more places.

I have already started the "add on" wish list <Places reading glasses on head and cracks open accessories magazine>. With company coming over from the UK for skiing in Feb. I will for sure be adding extra cargo type hardware to start out with.

A minimum of 9K Warn winch, but of course I am not happy with my stock bumper, soooo it looks like I'll have to get something with a brush guard and winch deck.

hmmmm, lesssee! Oh yeah! Over head off road lamps. Gotta have those <notes the bank balance going down and down>. Already lifted with 2.5" and 32 inch tires. I'll leave that as is for now <wife already complained that it was too tall to get her stubby little legs into. :D heh! :D >.

Well that is a least a start. Hang on!! Rear bumper. Ok one of those too! :D:D

WAIT A MINUTE! Is that a "chili cook off" carrying accessory?? :D

HECK YEAH!!

I will be starting my 4X4 bookmarks. Now that I have a vehicle that will do that. I sacrificed my Z28 but this will get me to way more places.

I have already started the "add on" wish list <Places reading glasses on head and cracks open accessories magazine>. With company coming over from the UK for skiing in Feb. I will for sure be adding extra cargo type hardware to start out with.

A minimum of 9K Warn winch, but of course I am not happy with my stock bumper, soooo it looks like I'll have to get something with a brush guard and winch deck.

hmmmm, lesssee! Oh yeah! Over head off road lamps. Gotta have those <notes the bank balance going down and down>. Already lifted with 2.5" and 32 inch tires. I'll leave that as is for now <wife already complained that it was too tall to get her stubby little legs into. :D heh! :D >.

Well that is a least a start. Hang on!! Rear bumper. Ok one of those too! :D:D

WAIT A MINUTE! Is that a "chili cook off" carrying accessory?? :D

Sounds like some great ideas on the modifications. Just be prepared with that wallet. :o Belive me, I know.

Yesterday was a great day to head up to the hills. I made a trip up there and we had a blast with the sun out and the windows open most of the day. Here is a pic from my Balanced Boulder cache.

874d28a7-613a-452f-9930-0f1a5af467a4.jpg

This morning, about 3 foot of snow in the street. We ain't getting out of here any time soon.

21d37dc0-acc6-4ecb-aff9-b3f874496462.jpg

:D ROFLMA :D

Love the expressinon of your pup, RM!!

That could make a great caption contest.

(in dog voice) "I gotta go pee never mind finding a cache!!"

:( "Dad can we please move back to California?" :D

1e407598-4c6d-4769-a0ef-8fa10a14ee40.jpg

Edited by TrailGators
Due to the recent influx of White Moisture, I think the D's & T's should be elevated at least a star for every foot of accumulated moisture. Who says we have to stop at 5 stars.
But once the first guy finds the cache the Ds and Ts should then be all lowered! :anibad:

I'm not sure about that with all the deer/elk tracks in the snow out there.