2. Poser Rock

3. The Hard Way

4. Slaughterhouse Aspens

5. Lunch Spot

6. Derringer Peak

7. The Jeep Wave

8. A Cirrious Situation

9. Down in the Valley

Brought to you by: Red Ruby, Tooter153, RocketMan, zoltig, Cirrus142 and starnsun

posted some pictures for:

1. Air Down

2. Poser Rock

7. The Jeep Wave

8. A Cirrious Situation

including my folly... :wub:

772103c3-e831-40c7-a9bf-a8c981595883.jpg

No Jeep here, so we used our trusty feet this weekend.

12.1 miles going up Crosier Mountain. Not sure of total elevation gain, but I think it's around 3,000 ft.

My Legs hurt today.....

Led by Tahosa:

7cb370ec-b133-4b89-b4be-cf2d550131d0.jpg

We made it to the top of Crosier:

24f328ec-a748-4d6d-b601-3857fc0d2375.jpg

Sure is pretty up there:

378890e5-d894-4047-882b-f729ae1c338a.jpg

I think this is my favorite picture of the day:

2f1f6849-1dba-46a7-b9a5-1de12c7ac087.jpg

Someone was having too much fun. I think his last words were "do you think I can make this?"

Actually I think it was, "Hey Ya'll. Watch this!"

B)

I was practicing my technique to win Colorado's 4x4 Bear Award at the Mountain Luau! B)

You might have some tough competition if Kriskook comes along.

oh yeah! watch this:

ece7dd98-82e5-4766-8e9f-1b8a154caae1.jpg

B);):D:lol::):P:huh::D:huh::D:(:lol:B)

Edited by cirrus142
man too many red rubicons, you gonna let me and my black wrangler play?

sorry it won't let me upload image

No color bias here so show us your rig. You can find instructions for posting a photo to the forums here. RM

it's not a rubicon either just a plain old jeep i like to beat on. just cuz it shiny and black everyone thinks it's never been off the street but for 5 yrs it's been everywhere. i spend alot of time buffing out scratches.

there's a cool video of playing in the lake with it.... www.myspace.com/jmythngl

man too many red rubicons, you gonna let me and my black wrangler play?

sorry it won't let me upload image

No color bias here so show us your rig. You can find instructions for posting a photo to the forums here. RM

it's not a rubicon either just a plain old jeep i like to beat on. just cuz it shiny and black everyone thinks it's never been off the street but for 5 yrs it's been everywhere. i spend alot of time buffing out scratches.

there's a cool video of playing in the lake with it.... www.myspace.com/jmythngl

What are you doing posting on here. I thought you were meeting Greasepot out at Slaughterhouse Gulch early this morning.

yeah i thought it was the one you guys had posted the last adventures. thanks tho i'll see if i can get them posted here of today's trek. i'm not too pc literate but i'll see if i can get them on with the link you gave me earlier :o unfortunately for me my brain doesn't speak pc

Introducing the latest Rocky Mountain Series of Off Road Caches:

1. Grand Meadow

2. Amelia's Cache

3. Home Sweet Home

4. Red Cone View

5. Mountain Village

6. Over The River

7. Here's the Beaver

8. Got Winch?

9. Colorado Panorama

A series by: RocketMan, n0wae, Grand High Pobah, zoltig, taylorsgeotracker, Joe Friday, Red Ruby, Mountain Roamer, DaToad and Team Teman

Edit: Here is a picture of zoltig trying out his new cool winch on SOB Hill at the Got Winch cache:

869993bc-087d-414b-aa69-675ec648d567.jpg

Edited by RocketMan
Edit: Here is a picture of zoltig trying out his new cool winch on SOB Hill at the Got Winch cache:

d14688fc-1c4e-45aa-8b3e-0bf66b4ac39f.jpg

It looks to me as if that new winch could be real handy!

Don't let Mountain Roamer and Red Ruby see that or they are sure to run out and buy winches for their red Rubicons. :lol:

Don't let Mountain Roamer and Red Ruby see that or they are sure to run out and buy winches for their red Rubicons. ;)

:huh: ............. :lol: ......... :huh: ............ :mad: .................. :wub: ........................ ;) ................ :huh: ...........

rofl.gif

...As a matter of fact, it was. Dave's panties dried out really quick after he hung them out. He also commented about the "mountain fresh" scent that they had.

I wear thongs so you know those aren't mine. :lol:

...As a matter of fact, it was. Dave's panties dried out really quick after he hung them out. He also commented about the "mountain fresh" scent that they had.

I wear thongs so you know those aren't mine. :lol:

Actually, I was going to comment that I'm bummed that my winch didn't come with that feature. Did you have to pay extra for that zolitg or did that come with the on board air unit?

I wear thongs so you know those aren't mine. :laughing:

Actually, I was going to comment that I'm bummed that my winch didn't come with that feature. Did you have to pay extra for that zolitg or did that come with the on board air unit?

An effective safety device, great idea zoltig! I'll have to get some for my own winch. Certainly cheaper than the option below...

wwMvc-011s.jpg

A few of us did Holy Cross trail back on August 8th. The French Creek crossing was insane but we all did pretty good. You can read the whole story and check out pictures in my log on this cache.

Here are a few sample pics:

zoltig up Steep Rock

dfc25b69-5bc8-44df-a422-64b5f9a4dbf2.jpg

RocketMan Waiting His Turn on French Creek

516ddc02-0126-40d1-b61d-6920f93f9557.jpg

RocketMan Almost There

2d054bf9-923e-4346-9761-91f271c4d454.jpg

Red Ruby High Centered

9e39bb40-cebc-415e-82fa-3110955628e3.jpg

Deep Water

16ffd364-a73f-4e08-a410-a3f8c79d909b.jpg

FYI - In an effort to make the Rocky Mountain Off Road Series cache names more PDA friendly, I have renamed them to the following format:

RM ORS #1-1: Cache Name

Which Stands for:

Rocky Mountain Off Road Series #Series Number-Cache Number: Cache Name

You can find the whole series by using this search string: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?key=RM+ORS

And the complete bookmark list is here: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...fc-13d648c4dde7

RocketMan

I may not be in Colorado but I have a sister there, who though isn't a geocacher she does once in awhile keep me up to date with what she hears. She found this and I am sure most of you know about this, I figured some of you don't or other states may not so I thought I would share it with everyone.

http://parks.state.co.us/Parks/StateForest/Geocaching/

Love it when state parks promote caching instead oppose it like some other states do.

Edited by jellis50

A few of us did Holy Cross trail back on August 8th. The French Creek crossing was insane but we all did pretty good. You can read the whole story and check out pictures in my log on this cache.

Here are a few sample pics:

zoltig up Steep Rock

dfc25b69-5bc8-44df-a422-64b5f9a4dbf2.jpg

RocketMan Waiting His Turn on French Creek

516ddc02-0126-40d1-b61d-6920f93f9557.jpg

RocketMan Almost There

2d054bf9-923e-4346-9761-91f271c4d454.jpg

Red Ruby High Centered

9e39bb40-cebc-415e-82fa-3110955628e3.jpg

Deep Water

16ffd364-a73f-4e08-a410-a3f8c79d909b.jpg

Hey Team Red Ruby-

Is this trail going to be on the list for next year's Colorado trip? I showed them to the hubby and he couldn't stop talking about it! We hope so!

Robyn :)

Hello Colorado Cachers!

We're holding a mapping party in Denver next weekend (October 18 - 19, 2008) and we hope that you will join us. We're excited about maps and we're making a map of the world, one place at a time. Come and find out how you can add to the map, make custom maps, and even load custom maps onto your GPS, phone or other device. Join us in Denver for all of the friendly fun.

Geocaching

Geocaching is both a sport and a game. The idea is that people who like this game has hidden caches all over the world and all it takes to find them is the coordinates, a couple of clues and a GPS unit. Once found caches are often like a small treasure. The finder can take something from the treasure as long as they leave something for others to find.

Mapping

This group is also for people who are into or would like to know more about mapping for OpenStreetMap. This is another thing to do with your GPS unit.

OpenStreetMap is a project aimed at creating and providing free open source map of the world as an alternative to maps from TeleAtlas and Navteq that Google and others use. 56,000 people across the world are contributing to OpenStreetMap.

We contribute to OpenStreetMap by taking a handheld GPS device out walking either in an urban area or in a park. We record street names and other features, upload this data to a computer and make it into new roads and paths on the map.