The Initial Point Geocoin

Rattlingcrew

WooHoo! Just checked in PayPal and found my invoice had been sitting in there since yesterday. The PayPal invoice must have hit the spam bucket by accident.

Paid & Anxious!

Packed and ready to hit the post office in the morning! I am all caught up with paid orders once again. If I failed to send anybody on the thread above the Sold Out post, please contact me. I hope I have not failed to contact somebody else. :D:lol: This has been a pretty hectic two days! Thanks, Glen

I didn't get any repsonse to your trade offer for the the coin or a bill to get one and I was one of the first to sign up. B):PB):(:(:D:(:P:D

Anyway email sent check your spam folder Glen. I think you have me on your spam list.

Chris, I made you a generous offer and your coins have already been shipped. I am not sure taking this to the forums was the thing to do, but you decided to. I have at least 1200 coins sitting here on or around my desk and you want a trading list. I do not even know for sure what coins I have to trade. I never made a list and am probably not going to make one. It would be too hard to keep it up to date. You sent me an email approving the trade for the compass rose and I am not sure what you wanted to do with the other three coins you listed. I sent you an email back telling you I sent you a complete set, I already had two of those coins, and for you to send me whatever you thought was fair. I do not know where you are going to beat a deal like that. Glen

My coins came today. Boy are they big. I didn't realize how big 3" really was.

They really look good!

That is exactly what I had been telling everybody, you can measure them out, compare them to a 2 inch coin, but until you drop that manhole cover in your hand.... :P they are cool, Rusty did an excellent job for me. Thanks for the compliments. Glen

:P Sitting here in my recliner when I hear the sound of a rattling engine anouncing that the rattling crew truck is on the way up my driveway. The head of the "crew" was delivering my early X-mas present of a nice new shiny Copper Initial Point Geocoin. Now I have the complete set and while I think they are all really nice, I think the shiny Copper is really AWESOME!!!! Thanks Glen. :P

PS. My wife agrees that the shiny copper is the "prettiest" of the four.

Glen,

These are awesome coins!

So I'm showing around these beautiful coins and two people ask me the same question - "a red sandstone what?" In other words, they interpreted the word sandstone as an adjective. I looked back at the description starting this thread and it shows a space between sand and stone "a red sand stone" Is this a typo then in the thread or on the coin?

:rolleyes:

Glen,

These are awesome coins!

So I'm showing around these beautiful coins and two people ask me the same question - "a red sandstone what?" In other words, they interpreted the word sandstone as an adjective. I looked back at the description starting this thread and it shows a space between sand and stone "a red sand stone" Is this a typo then in the thread or on the coin?

;)

The historical marker there lists the rock as a red sandstone .... all one word. If you ever visit the central Kansas area, you will find the red sandstone is plentiful here, it makes for beautiful buildings and is quite soft. The red sandstone is also quite fragile and you seldom see it being quarried in blocks like limestone. You can rub two of them together and get red sand falling almost immediately, neat stuff. Some area bluffs are red sandstone and they really stand out when the sun lights them at angles. Just tell them it is a red rock that is not native to that part of the world. ;) Glen

Hey Glen! Just got my set also. The postman gave me the evil eye. :laughing: Guess it has something to do with the sprained wrist and sore back. :rolleyes::lol:

The set looks great. Thanks. :P

That will teach him for sending your Meades coins back! Glad to hear about the long distance shipping getting there so quickly.

I have a few sets left to sell, if anybody missed their chance earlier. Glen

Glen,

These are awesome coins!

:D

The historical marker there lists the rock as a red sandstone .... all one word. If you ever visit the central Kansas area, you will find the red sandstone is plentiful here, it makes for beautiful buildings and is quite soft. The red sandstone is also quite fragile and you seldom see it being quarried in blocks like limestone. You can rub two of them together and get red sand falling almost immediately, neat stuff. Some area bluffs are red sandstone and they really stand out when the sun lights them at angles. Just tell them it is a red rock that is not native to that part of the world. :D Glen

Thanks Glen. I know it sounds hokie but your coin has really tweaked my interest in benchmarks. One of these days, I hope to get out there and actually stand there! :D