The Initial Point Geocoin

Rattlingcrew

When the time comes to list them for sale, I will contact everybody that posts on this thread first, then post the new for sale thread. I have not been to the post office with these yet and do not have a per coin weight, but I am pretty sure $12.00 US per coin, freight included will have them covered.

Put me down fot at least one.

Thanks,

When the time comes to list them for sale, I will contact everybody that posts on this thread first, then post the new for sale thread. I have not been to the post office with these yet and do not have a per coin weight, but I am pretty sure $12.00 US per coin, freight included will have them covered.

I'd like a couple... thanks.

I would like one of your coins in the antique brass, but see that they are all spoken for. Is there any way that you could get me one for being the first poster of this historic mark?? If you decide to do any others, please let me know; I have been to 11 of the Initial Points with plans to visit more. Nice work.

CallawayMT

In reference to Canada orders, I do not have a coin in possession yet. The Meades coins did not cost much more than a dollar extra to ship two. I am hoping that's close. Whatever the actual cost is, I will round it off. The customs form is kind of a hassle, they have to be hand delivered to a postal employee. I will post as soon as I know. Thanks, Glen

I am going to stand by the 12 dollar price US. Canadian orders will be 13.50 and crossing the big pond will cost 14.50 per coin. So now you all know what the monsters will cost you. Those prices are for the coin and the freight. Glen

Edited to make the post clearer......

Edited by RattlingCrew
:unsure: What a TREAT!!! I got a sneak preview of the actual coins today. Wow!! These will blow you away. I knew they would be big, but having one of these in your hand (or 4 in hand at one time), is a whole new experience for geocoins. This is a new level of geocoin. These might just be the "MOTHER OF ALL GEOCOINS". Good job Glen and thanks for the preview!! :unsure:

Not wanting to start the price war and opening the it costs too much dead horse again, I thought the coins were really cheap in price, considering they are freight paid. :unsure:

The bulk shipment was just under 600 dollars. Individual postage is 2.07 plus the cost of the mailer. The rate for tracking numbers is 1.50 per coin and the icon fee is 250 dollars or .50 to each coin on a 500 coin run. The die fee is 250 dollars. Pay Pal fees are close to .50 per coin. They will cost me close to $7.00 to get them in your hands without the cost of the coins. Nobody else is going to eat the cost of the blemished coins. If you think the price is too high, open your eyes and look at the costs. :unsure:

I am not in a have to sell these through the forums position, these coins are all paid for. There are other markets in which they would never be this fairly priced. These coins were a considerable investment and I did it to share the unique history. If this thread gets ugly, I will close it and only sell to those who have spoken so far.

The coins weigh over four ounces, I wanted the history on the back and that is what it took to get it there. I also wanted the coin to look like the manhole cover it represents, not a big old dime.

That being said, they are available in Antique Brass; Black Nickel; Copper and Antique Copper. That is the order of preference of people who have logged their desires so far, including previous committments to those I shared the artwork with before. Glen

Edited to add the PayPal fees, which I failed to put in originally. I encourage anybody to go to one of the interactive sites and see what a 2" coin costs, then come back and tell me how I am charging too much. Glen

Edited by RattlingCrew

Not wanting to start the price war and opening the it costs too much dead horse again, I thought the coins were really cheap in price, considering they are freight paid. :D

The bulk shipment was just under 600 dollars. Individual postage is 2.07 plus the cost of the mailer. The rate for tracking numbers is 1.50 per coin and the icon fee is 250 dollars or .50 to each coin on a 500 coin run. The die fee is 250 dollars. They will cost me close to $6.50 to get them in your hands without the cost of the coins. Nobody else is going to eat the cost of the blemished coins. If you think the price is too high, open your eyes and look at the costs. :D

I am not in a have to sell these through the forums position, these coins are all paid for. There are other markets in which they would never be this fairly priced. These coins were a considerable investment and I did it to share the unique history. If this thread gets ugly, I will close it and only sell to those who have spoken so far.

The coins weigh over four ounces, I wanted the history on the back and that is what it took to get it there. I also wanted the coin to look like the manhole cover it represents, not a big old dime.

That being said, they are available in Antique Brass; Black Nickel; Copper and Antique Copper. That is the order of preference of people who have logged their desires so far, including previous committments to those I shared the artwork with before. Glen

AMEN!!! Oh what I would like to add, :) but you did a really good job of it!!

Well, DUH, the original post on this thread states: "..... I ordered them in four colors, 150 black nickel, because the cover was black cast iron, 150 antique brass because the Geodetic Center coins came out so nice, 100 copper and 100 antique copper. A total of 500 coins. There will be no limited edition or higher costs for any one color."

After seeing and handling these coins today in person, you should be charging at least $4.00 a coin more than you are.

Not wanting to start the price war and opening the it costs too much dead horse again, I thought the coins were really cheap in price, considering they are freight paid. :D

The bulk shipment was just under 600 dollars. Individual postage is 2.07 plus the cost of the mailer. The rate for tracking numbers is 1.50 per coin and the icon fee is 250 dollars or .50 to each coin on a 500 coin run. The die fee is 250 dollars. Pay Pal fees are close to .50 per coin. They will cost me close to $7.00 to get them in your hands without the cost of the coins. Nobody else is going to eat the cost of the blemished coins. If you think the price is too high, open your eyes and look at the costs. :D

Edited to add the PayPal fees, which I failed to put in originally. I encourage anybody to go to one of the interactive sites and see what a 2" coin costs, then come back and tell me how I am charging too much. Glen

NICELY STATED! Considering the SIZE of this beauty, and taking into consideration the QUALITY

of the Meades Ranch coins,we would say the price is quite reasonable!

We WILL NOT be changing our order! Can't wait to see these! :)

I have about 400 of the 500 spoken for now. I still have some in all colors, copper is the the closest to being gone. I need to save a few of each in the event the shipment comes in short or some have blemishes that I do not feel like I should sell. I had about ten of the 500 Meades Coins that I would not sell, a couple of blemishes, but mostly from over buffing around the lettering, causing long smears in the coins. The Meades Shipment came in broken and short a few coins. Thanks all,

Glen