Garmin rebate for GPSMAP 76CSx.

The deadline was 07/0906 and I mailed mine Certified Mail on the 9th. They received it on the 11th and I got an e-mail on the 21th stating they had received it and gave me a tracking #. A month later I get the check, which was sort of unusual. It was a postcard! Never saw anything like this before (I don't get out too much). No problem at the bank though. I thought they might want to "hold" it until it cleared, but they asked if I wanted to cash it or deposit it. I had actually forgotten about it.

BTW I went back 5 pages to find the original "Rebate" thread, but I couldn't find it.

As long as you have money in your account the bank will cash it...

If the check is bad then they take the money from your account to cover.

All EBAYer's listen up!!! When someone sends you a check or MO for an item you are selling dont send the item until the check has CLEARED!!! This is a common rip off!!!! You loose the item and get no money!

The deadline was 07/0906 and I mailed mine Certified Mail on the 9th. They received it on the 11th and I got an e-mail on the 21th stating they had received it and gave me a tracking #. A month later I get the check, which was sort of unusual. It was a postcard! Never saw anything like this before (I don't get out too much). No problem at the bank though. I thought they might want to "hold" it until it cleared, but they asked if I wanted to cash it or deposit it. I had actually forgotten about it.

BTW I went back 5 pages to find the original "Rebate" thread, but I couldn't find it.

Date Received: 08-03-2006

Check Issue Date: 08-22-2006

Detail: Your rebate is valid. Please allow up to 30 days to receive your rebate.

So if I've learned anything after reading everyones responces is to remain patient. They are not a bolt of lightning and are like any government...you own them then hurray up an pay, but if they owe you..hurray up an wait!

We shall see if I get my rebate and if Canadian banks will honor the checks. Know my credit card will appreciate this! :(

I ran a search query using '76CSx rebate' as the keywords. Since you posted in that thread, I suppose I could have ran a search on your name too..

As long as you have money in your account the bank will cash it...

If the check is bad then they take the money from your account to cover.

All EBAYer's listen up!!! When someone sends you a check or MO for an item you are selling dont send the item until the check has CLEARED!!! This is a common rip off!!!! You loose the item and get no money!

Good reason to require a cashier's check as method of payment.

When he said a postcard he isn't kidding at all. The thing isn't in an envelope or anything. It's just a $100.00 check that is a postcard. Anybody could pick it up. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It's hard to believe that they can send you that much money openly for anybody to snag. They probably hope a lot of them will get tossed as junk mail.

When he said a postcard he isn't kidding at all. The thing isn't in an envelope or anything. It's just a $100.00 check that is a postcard. Anybody could pick it up. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It's hard to believe that they can send you that much money openly for anybody to snag. They probably hope a lot of them will get tossed as junk mail.

That's almost what I did-toss it- before I did a double take and realized it was a check! So strange.

I buy a lot of computer hardware. More and more, I see rebates delivered via this method. I have always thought that it was a security risk.

Got it today, exactly as described, postcard form. Now we shall see if the banks approve this form of check.

Man I am glad I warned the wife cause she almost threw it out because of the manor it was mailed.

Any of you guys have picture of the rebate money looks like? cuz I've sent mine in and hope I don't throw out when it arrives!!!

I sent the GPSMAP60CSX....rebate ends Dec. 31, 2006 I think!

Got it today, exactly as described, postcard form. Now we shall see if the banks approve this form of check.

Man I am glad I warned the wife cause she almost threw it out because of the manor it was mailed.

Any of you guys have picture of the rebate money looks like? cuz I've sent mine in and hope I don't throw out when it arrives!!!

I guess I should have scanned it, in the event someone asked this question, small text though so beway, it is decieving,

But on the topic of rebates, After exchange I got 109 bucks, so who said being Canuk ain't good?

I guess I should have scanned it, in the event someone asked this question, small text though so beway, it is decieving,

But on the topic of rebates, After exchange I got 109 bucks, so who said being Canuk ain't good?

Good thinking on Garmins part. If someone sees a check, they may try to steal it and it could get lost and the money stays in Garmins bank for another 3-4 months while thy hash it out.

how long did all those who get their rebates waited for? how many weeks did it takes to get to your home....i sent my for the 60CSX...do we get the same postcard like those who received for their 70CSX? anybody got the 60CSX rebates 50$ USD in the mail yet? can you show us a picture if possible?

well garmin says it takes approx..8-12 weeks to get it...that...and what happens if we dont get our rebates and someone stole it? like the mail man? :D i dont think they dare to do such a thing...cuz there are rules and regulation and policy they must follow...not accusing any mail man of stealing...but it could be possible

My $50 rebate for the 60CSx is mailing today, September 29th. I will track on this thread the timing until I get the rebate.

i sent in my rebate on august 16, 2006....november 8, 2006 i SHOULD get it! if not...i will give garmin big issue lol

make sure u got all the photocopies of..UPC....receipt, and rebates...etc...for future references

What I got in my email. Ship mine since Aug 16 2006. So the rebate $50USD will be here by end of this week, or earlier next week. Takes 8 weeks to get mine. 9 if it is next week

===========

We just wanted to let you know we have received your rebate submission

for Garmin Select eTrex or GPSMAP $50 Rebate Offer.

Your rebate tracking number is: **********

To check your rebate status just click on

http://www.rebatetrack.com/promocenter/par..._number=*******

Please be sure to keep a copy of your tracking number for future

reference.

Thank you for your purchase. We look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,

Your Rebate Center

You will be unable to reply to this email because it has been

automatically generated. You have not been added to an email list. This message

was sent in response to your rebate submission and will be the only

email you will receive about this rebate.

A postcard check is one way for the fulfillment house to save a little money. Instead of a windowed envelope and a separately printed check, they just do the postcard thing. Plus the postage is a little cheaper.

I don't know how that whole industry works but I wouldn't be surprised if the sponsor is paying them a little less per unit SOLD. The fulfillment house hopes that not all units are rebated (I've missed a fre due to forgetfullness) and they pocket the difference.

It could be the other way, Garmin pays them the rebate amount plus some fulfillment fee that is less than what it would cost Garmin to set up the rebate program inhouse. Banking the rebate amount for a couple of weeks gives the fullfillment house a few more pennies in interest.

Anybody know how that industry works?