city navagator v8 missing gps tab

dave w

I got v8 after the garmin rep said i was entiled to a free update,turns out she was wrong and they charged me for it, after talking to another rep they did refund half the price. However ater loading it, my GPS tab was not there to do real time tracking ,garmin told me this was not an option on version 8 even though it list it in the help screens and you have to use nroute to do tracking, if I had know this there is no way i would have upgraded.

I got v8 after the garmin rep said i was entiled to a free update,turns out she was wrong and they charged me for it, after talking to another rep they did refund half the price. However ater loading it, my GPS tab was not there to do real time tracking ,garmin told me this was not an option on version 8 even though it list it in the help screens and you have to use nroute to do tracking, if I had know this there is no way i would have upgraded.

The realtime tracking disappeared after MapSource v6.5. It is NOT a function of CN v.8. I found the older v6.5 online at, I think, GPSINFORMATION.NET a few months ago if you really have to have it. nRoute actually seems to work better for realtime tracking anyway. Why are you thinking it's better if included in MapSource?

EDIT : Here you go...MapSource v6.5 ;)

Edited by 8mmag