Google Earth Hook?

Team CDCB

There are only a limited number of views per day, so with looking around on Google Earth all the time and the geocaches refreshing continuously your views will run out.

Right click Geocaching Network KML in the 'Places' colum of your Google Earth. Then 'Edit'. Select 'Refresh Parameters'. There you will find an option to refresh only 'On Request'. That way you can zoom into any locale without it refreshing all the time. To refresh when you want - right click Geocaching Network KML and select 'Refresh'.

There are only a limited number of views per day, so with looking around on Google Earth all the time and the geocaches refreshing continuously your views will run out.

Right click Geocaching Network KML in the 'Places' colum of your Google Earth. Then 'Edit'. Select 'Refresh Parameters'. There you will find an option to refresh only 'On Request'. That way you can zoom into any locale without it refreshing all the time. To refresh when you want - right click Geocaching Network KML and select 'Refresh'.

OMG! Thank you! I figured there must be a way to do that, but never poked that far. It really bugged me that every time I moved, even slightly, it would refresh....

Something else you should be aware of is the cache placements shown on Google Earth are not accurate. After you get the plug in working, zoom into an area with 50 or so caches on the screen. Pick one, and focus on where it is in relation to landmarks. Zoom in on that particular cache, and it will move, sometimes as much as 100'. It's a great program for learning the general location of caches, but if you want exact details, punch in the coords by hand.