I am banning myself from the forums

Jhwk

... The other comment I still don't get.

When are you people going to start using smilies? They are there for your benefit! :blink:

Okay, here is what I think:

But given some of the above posts it's wrong to have that kind of opinion, make it known, and stand by it.

(Emphasis mine)

I read this to mean:

Some of the other posters are slamming Criminal for his stand on legit smileys(finds). These posters have been nasty to him just for taking a stand.

I could be wrong... :blink::blink::huh::) (smileys as per request)

Edited by Tharagleb

There is only one way to geocache.

And thank the gods you are here to tell us the one way. You are the greatest thing to ever happen to geocaching. You, and only you, can save us. We are so lucky to have you.

It’s unbelievable that anyone would have to tell you. Does anyone have to tell you to drive on the right side of the road when you get in your car in the morning? Duh.

Yes they do. I have my wife leave a Post-it note on the steering wheel just in case I forget.

OK, now that's pretty good. :blink:

I think, instead, I'll go find a few caches and not piss and moan or whine and complain about anything or anyone.

The sport is fun, if you let it be.

cya.

Ok, but what kind of geocaching will you be doing? The real kind, where you find the container and sign the log, or the new kind, where the owner gives you permission to lie for trying really hard? :blink:

I'll give 'it' a rest when Found It means you found the cache. I have little tolerance for liars who try to change the game to suit their own lazy underachieving over important phony find count. If exposing their fib makes them quit the forums, buh-bye.

No, I didn't 'catch' anything, I was just making a tongue-in-cheek comment which was found to be offensive apparently. I love the asinine argument about 'playing the game your way' though. Body-checking the first baseman or cheating on your taxes is 'playing the game your way' too, right? There is only one way to geocache.

Wow, your really something - Does Every thread have to end up being your personal gripe session about How everyone needs to cache Your way?

You geocache Your way, and Leave the rest of the world on thier own. YOU dont regulate geocaching.

Get over yourself - self important? Look in the mirrow

I have little tolerance for people who have No tolerance to live and let live.

Your baseball and taxes examples are classic. Nice "analogy" -

I think I'll Join Jhwk- :blink:

...and I've met Mrs. Fishingfools. You don't wanna mess with her. :blink::huh:

Back on Tangent-I'm sure Criminal's first post was tongue in cheek, and I do respect him for taking a stand (which I agree with) and sticking to it. But does that soapbox have to be trotted out in every single thread he posts to for all eternity? :)

huh smiley used to indicate a serious question with no disrespect intended. Heck even I got tired of mentioning the ignore feature once it became a reality, but I still don't have anyone on ignore in here after a week or three. :blink::blink:

Now can we get back to talking about Jhwk while he's gone-that was the OP of the thread anyway wasn't it?

Edited by wimseyguy

Growing tired of the constant bickering, fingerpointing, and arguments over strips of paper in a plastic container, I am hereby banning myself from the forums for the period of one week. Maybe you guys can find something constructive or positive or even unique to discuss while I am gone. :blink:

I think, instead, I'll go find a few caches and not piss and moan or whine and complain about anything or anyone.

cya.

Okay -- now that he's left -- what is he thinking with that haircut? I mean -- does he think it looks good? ....and that jacket? Where did he get it? Do they even sell those any more?

:blink:

(Emphasis mine)

I read this to mean:

Some of the other posters are slamming Criminal for his stand on legit smileys(finds). These posters have been nasty to him just for taking a stand.

I could be wrong... :blink::blink::blink::huh: (smileys as per request)

I have no problem with the gist of the stand, it's the delivery to the masses that I feel is a bit harsh.

back on topic, anybody seen Jhwk?

cya.

Ok, but what kind of geocaching will you be doing? The real kind, where you find the container and sign the log, or the new kind, where the owner gives you permission to lie for trying really hard? :blink:

I'll give 'it' a rest when Found It means you found the cache. I have little tolerance for liars who try to change the game to suit their own lazy underachieving over important phony find count. If exposing their fib makes them quit the forums, buh-bye.

No, I didn't 'catch' anything, I was just making a tongue-in-cheek comment which was found to be offensive apparently. I love the asinine argument about 'playing the game your way' though. Body-checking the first baseman or cheating on your taxes is 'playing the game your way' too, right? There is only one way to geocache.

Wow, you're really something - Does Every thread have to end up being your personal gripe session about how everyone needs to cache your way?

You geocache your way, and leave the rest of the world on their own. YOU dont regulate geocaching.

Get over yourself - self important? Look in the mirror

I have little tolerance for people who have no tolerance to live and let live.

I think I'll join Jhwk- :blink:

Apparently you play by your own grammar and spelling rules as well. :blink:

I started to think this one was veering off-topic, but then I remembered the original post:

Growing tired of the constant bickering, fingerpointing, and...

With that said, it seems to be on-topic, however you guys are walking a fine line (some more than others) for violating other forum guidelines--read them all to see if you can figure out which ones.

If you want to take it to PM that would be best, if it continues you'll have no other choice.

Thanks.

cya.

Wow, you're really something - Does Every thread have to end up being your personal gripe session about how everyone needs to cache your way?

You geocache your way, and leave the rest of the world on their own. YOU dont regulate geocaching.

Wow, I wonder if the warning meter is going crazy on this one?

cya.

Wow, I wonder if the warning meter is going crazy on this one?

Probably not. Groundspeak doesn’t moderate poor spelling and grammar, or poor sense of humor or lack of intellect.

Its not worth my time to use spellcheck - besides, not everyone spells like you :blink:

Funny, you dont address the point, but attack my spelling - Classic.

Makes perfect sense to me

Edited by Pto

Its not worth my time to use spellcheck - besides, not everyone spells like you :blink:

Funny, you dont address the point, but attack my spelling - Classic.

Makes perfect sense to me

I already had back on the first page. There is only one way to play. It isn't my way, it's just the only way.