Voting on Category Reviews

i went to two seperate category peer review comments links i recieved today.

"If you are interested in viewing the comments posted about your category by the

Waymarking community, click the following link:"

on both, few left comments. those that did leave comments were mostly strongly for/against the category. is it possible that exactly 28 people voted on both of them? i, regretfully, do not vote on all categories on the review; but there more than an average of 28 people voting, right?

i believe that one of those lists has two votes that i cast--by using the link in a notification email, and another i cast from the que page. is this possible?

I don't vote on them all. I try, but if I forget to go to the page for a few days, I know that I'm missing some.

In regards to comments, the voting results I've seen sound about the same as what you are seeing. In terms of the number of votes - 28 votes sounds a bit low. Maybe because August is a popular vacation month.

I also suspect that some people don't cast votes on categories for which their feelings are neutral. It does take time to review the proposed category page, so my guess is that some people save their voting and comments for categories that they feel more strongly for or against. No good way to avoid this.

I also think that the Waymarking community, while growing, is still relatively small. And remember too that only premium members can vote.

I vote on probably 75% of them. I almost always vote yes.

Sometimes I write a whole page of stuff if I think I can help.

I don't know if all that I write is getting through to the category's group or not.

Maybe I'm the only one writing that much.

On the recent U.S. Surveyed Historic Survey Stones and Monuments category we got about 32 votes.

The Miniature Railroads category had 52 votes and about five or six added more than a sentence comment. If my memory is correct, four or five of those offered positive suggestions some of which were incorporated into the category.

I vote on as many as I see and almost always will try to add comments that I think will help the category. Even if I vote no to a category I try to explain why, offer suggestions for a future review, and offer a thank you for taking the time to propose the category. I have become more discriminating about what I like and what I personally want to see on the site so have found myself voting "no" more times than early on. There have been a few that I haven't voted on at all just because I didn't care for it one way or the other but most times I use the "Abstain" funtion for these.

28 votes is slightly below average, but not too far off the mark. The most votes I have seen is about 40. It is interesting to see the comments generally fall in line with eachother, either for or against, and many people put genuine effort into making helpful suggestions. That, to me, is really cool since it's anonymous you don't stand to gain anything from it.

The Miniature Railroads category had 52 votes and about five or six added more than a sentence comment. If my memory is correct......

My memory wasn't correct. 51 votes not 52 but I couldn't look at two of them due to a glitch on the comments page. Also, after looking the comments over again I see that only one person offered more than a standard one sentence comment not the four or five I mis-remembered.

I wish there was a way to access the comments you have made before the end of the voting. I usually would not change my vote but often think of some constructive comments after I have finished voting. The next time I see the category it up and running.