Lowrance products

jhoff630

If you do a search here you will find a small but vocal group of lowrance users......I will start out

I received my lowrance ifinder H20 c as a late Christmas present and I just love it. I did the research before christmas thinking I was helping him make a decision for himself but instead it was for my own gift. I felt then and still do that lowrance gives the most bang for the buck. Mine is VERY accurate and I feel easy to use and the large screen is great for my old eyes! LOL It keeps a lock under the heavy tree cover when others in my group have lost theirs.

If you mean you don't find many used units for sale that's because we all like them so well :laughing:

They aren't sold in as many stores but online there are a lot of places selling them

good links

http://lowrancegeocachingguide.bravehost.com/

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=97546&st=0 be sure to read his reviews

I'm a previous Lowrance owner (iFinder PhD). The only reason I got rid of mine was because of how massive it was. Other than that it was/is a great unit with more than enough features to please anyone along with GREAT signal reception! Its really hard to go wrong with the iFinder series.

Another positive vote for Lowrance products here.

Not sure what you mean about few units for sale. If it's that there aren't many in the garage sale or ebay, then yes, what LadyBee said . . . But if you mean that they don't have much of a product line, then that is both true and untrue. It's true because they only have one form factor, that is, all the iFinders and AirMaps are the same dimensions, weight, etc. However, it is untrue because there are a variety of options within that form factor -- color or B&W, electronic compasses or not, etc.

It is a little big, but I haven't had any problems taking it with me wherever I want to take it. The larger size is nicer for looking at the mapping details, and makes it worth having a larger device in my opinion. And, they're still not as big as the GPSMaps, if I recall my comparison results correctly.

And, they're still not as big as the GPSMaps, if I recall my comparison results correctly.

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words. The Garmin GPS 72 is the same size/ frame as all the GPS Map units, and The AirMap 500 is the same as the older i-Finders. Newer i-Finders are the same size but are re-styled.

airmapgpsmapdn5.jpg

Edited by Airmapper

I am a happy Lowrance Expedition C (color) owner, and I bought mine with the "PLUS" package including the Topo Map CDs. It's more sensitive under tree cover than an eTrex, and while it takes time to learn all the menus - once you get familiar with it - it's great!!! After 5 months with this thing, I am STILL finding (with help from this website) undocumented features and hidded capabilities!

I'd buy one again, no question.

By the way --- I like TIGERGps - they can be a bit frustrating, but overall I liked the way they handled my order.

Oh, and I recommend you order over the phone NOT on the internet.

In my search for a GPS unit ,I have noticed very few if any Lowrance models for sale,any opions on this product--jhoff630

Are you looking to buy? I purchased a H2OC and mapcreate software BEFORE doing much research. The one feture I THINK I want most is not available in Lowrance models ("routing" or "on the fly" turn by turn directions from point A - point B )

Let me know if you are interested.

Edited by WhoFlungPoo

I got a Lowrance GPS for Christmas, and before February was over, I'd returned two of them, finally settling for a Garmin. The first one froze up at the sign on screen, and wouldn't go any further. The second one gave me an error message that said that the memory was full, and wouldn't work. I deleted ALL waypoints and routes, that didn't fix it.

The Lowrance does have excellent features for the price, and is quite good when it works, but is extremely unreliable.

FWIW, I have had an Ifinder Pro for several years, added a H2Oc awhile back. I have seen several complaints about screen freezing, data not loading, etc. I have had that and other problems also, but I found out my problems. It was not the Ifinder, it was the pilot. When transferring data to the SD card, you have to wait untill it is completely transferred, if you disconnect or remove the SD card before completely transferring the data it will give you problems. I found I could not go with any visual indications of when the transfer was complete, wait till all indications show transfer is complete and then wait for several minutes more, then force yourself to wait just a little longer. I am very satisified with my Ifinders.