Where are the Green Jeeps in the Northeast?

Team Rampant Lion

I noticed that after I placed one of the new green jeeps "Loveland Mountain" it did not show up in the icons because a coin is identified as being in the cache. A cache search by zip code only shows the stack of coins and no green jeep. Not particularly useful if you are interested in finding a green jeep.

Anyway, I thought we could speed up the pace of the competition and overcome this icon problem by creating a thread where people could post where they placed a green jeep travel bug in the Northeast. That way people interested in finding them could refer to the thread for a quick source to keep up to date and identify next cache targets. I'll start:

I placed one in Sparta's Best View.

An area search will show an icon if a green Jeep is logged into the cache; however, in some areas, Jeeps are being dropped into caches without being logged into them. In these cases, finding a Jeep is an unanticipated surprise that helps get Jeeps into the hands of those who might otherwise not find one.

An area search will show an icon if a green Jeep is logged into the cache; however, in some areas, Jeeps are being dropped into caches without being logged into them. In these cases, finding a Jeep is an unanticipated surprise that helps get Jeeps into the hands of those who might otherwise not find one.

I think there is a bug being worked out. For some reason if a Green Jeep is the only trackable logged into the cache it will show up on an area search, but if there are also trackable coins then the Green Jeep icon disappears and is replaced by a stack of coins icon indicating that there are multiple coins in the cache. In this case you have to hover your mouse over the icon and it'll show whats in the cache.

Some of the people who received the Jeeps didn't realize that you have to choose the "grabbed it" log type in order to "take possession" of the Jeep. If a person chooses the "discovered" log type, he/she will not "have" the Jeep and thus will not be able to actually place it in the cache online. We found one totally by surprise because of that!

I think there is a bug being worked out. For some reason if a Green Jeep is the only trackable logged into the cache it will show up on an area search, but if there are also trackable coins then the Green Jeep icon disappears and is replaced by a stack of coins icon indicating that there are multiple coins in the cache. In this case you have to hover your mouse over the icon and it'll show whats in the cache.

This is the case with the one I placed in Sparta's Best View. It is in there once you click on the cache page but the icon does not show up on an area search. As it is one of the few in this local area, want to let people know where to go get it.

Another green jeep in my 5 mile range is in Recycled Cache.

Edited by Team Rampant Lion

When you see the stack of coins on the side of the cache page, it means there are multiple coins/jeeps/tb's. Mouse over, or hold your cursor over it, it will list what's in that cache. They are working on fixing that, but for now that's what you do. I haven't got time right now to search for where I read that, but I read it today.