GPS Unit Question?

ftjak

Good Morning,

I just bought a eTrex Legend Cx GPS unit and I have a question regarding a certain feature on it. Can anyone tell me why when I am searching for a cache and go to my compass page why I am not getting the "found", "note", "stop" toolbar on the bottom of this page? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Fat Jack

Then my guess is that the Legend Cx doesn't have the geocaching mode.

I have never had a Legend Cx. I know my eTrex Legend didn't have it, and my 76cs and my husbands 60cs do. I looked through the literature on the Legende Cx on a couple fo different websites and didn't see any mention of geocaching mode with the Legend.

When you select the geocache to find.... use the find button, then make sure you are searching for 'geocache' rather than 'waypoints.

I'm a newbie so I'm not sure I'm doing any of this right. I went to the GC.com pages and downloaded the GC and put them into my unit and when I turn it on and push the find button and then click on the "geocaches" button my caches come up and then I push the enter button and selsct 1 of the caches and then a page comes up that says waypoint on the top. Could I have done something wrong in the downloading of them?

ok, how about this?

I think you are getting close now...

geocache setup option on ?

go to the setup page and turn it on... see page 62.

On my GC setup page I have GC symbols.....find and found and below that I have Calender entry when found and it says yes in that box

ok, how about this?

I think you are getting close now...

geocache setup option on ?

go to the setup page and turn it on... see page 62.

On my GC setup page I have GC symbols.....find and found and below that I have Calender entry when found and it says yes in that box

Guess I will call Garmin and the place I bought it from tomorrow to find out why.

Try one more thing....

mark a waypoint... make your own.

make it into a geocache (change the logo).

Now try to find it.

Does the geocache 'find' button show up now?

If so, it's the download. If not, it's still something else.

Ok I maked my home and changed the symbol to a "closed box" and then went to GC and hit the find button and the GC was there and I clicked on it and the waypoint page came up and I clicked on "go To" and it took me to the navigate page but then when I went to the compass page I still did not have that toolbar on the bottom.

This may have nothing to do with it, but when I'm in 'on road' mode, it doesn't show.

When I'm in 'off road' mode it shows up.

Sorry I'm not more help. I'm good at finding caches, yet not too good with the techy stuff.

how do I get the off road mode

This may have nothing to do with it, but when I'm in 'on road' mode, it doesn't show.

When I'm in 'off road' mode it shows up.

Sorry I'm not more help. I'm good at finding caches, yet not too good with the techy stuff.

how do I get the off road mode

I found out how now would I have to be close to the cache for this to work?

Page 62

On the setup menu page select routing icon. hit enter.

Highlight follow road options.

I think if you use 'prompted', it will give you a choice each time.

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY I got it.............and thank you thank you thank you for all your help you've given this newbie. I really really appreciate it immensely.

ftjak