NASCAR & Geocaching

b1rdbrain

Just sitting around looking at my NASCAR Stats and hoping that i win the NASCAR pool today and i was thinking.

Are there any NASCAR Themed Caches? Has any one done anything to tie NASCAR and Geocaching together? What about the NHRA or even the AMA stuff? has anyone ever tied anykind of racing to Geocaching?

Just thinking about what can be done and i would like to know if anything has been done. :laughing:

Just sitting around looking at my NASCAR Stats and hoping that i win the NASCAR pool today and i was thinking.

Are there any NASCAR Themed Caches? Has any one done anything to tie NASCAR and Geocaching together? What about the NHRA or even the AMA stuff? has anyone ever tied anykind of racing to Geocaching?

Just thinking about what can be done and i would like to know if anything has been done. :laughing:

There's LOTS of NASCAR stuff in caches, cache pages, and threads. (I like NASCAR, but ummm, yawn.) I'll leave it to others to provide the links.

I'm an open wheel fan. I wonder if there are any F1, Champ Car, Indy Car, and World of Outlaws caches...?

I'm doin' MY part to incorporate the NHRA into geocaching:

165988_200.JPG165988_300.JPG

165988_400.JPG165988_500.JPG

165988_600.JPG165988_900.JPG

165988_800.JPG165988_1000.JPG

Edited by Snoogans

One of the neatest caches I've done thus far was The #1 NASCAR Racing Cache, located off the access road to the immense Las Vegas Motor Speedway complex. Requires traversing some nifty desert terrain that looks likely for snakes, and it has a huge container for racing swag. As an added bonus, it's just about a hundred yards off the main landing pattern glideslope for Nellis AFB, where military jets of every persuasion come to play daily (and as part of Red Flag, etc.) It's a great Vegas cache, but it (appropriately!) requires a car for Vegas visitors to reach it. ORV enthusiasts see the Las Vegas Dunes Rec Lands right across the highway (ATV madmen everywhere), and the stunning Valley of Fire State Park is just a bit further NE up the highway.

Yup, it's a great cache for motorheads of almost all persuasions. :shocked: