Night Time caches

flamejobgrrl

I hear tell of interesting caches that are wrapped in glow in the dark tape. Anyone know names or waypoints of night time cache's in Ontario? I can't seem to find a search that will allow me to find caches based on their attributes.

Thanks,

flamejobgrrl

Ontario's a big place -- do you have a particular part of Ontario in mind?

I am in central ontario between Guelph and Brampton. Someone told us that their daughter goes out at night with a flashlight to find these "glowing" caches. This was an idea we had and were excited someone else had it first! We wanted to try one. Thanks for the caches already mentioned, I will put them on my watch list. :laughing:

Here's a couple of nighttime caches I know of, although technically pretty much any cache can be done at night. It can ber fun doing some caches in the night too and possible adds a bit of a challenge...or sometimes it makes them easier to spot when using a flashlight.

GCQFEX - Valens Nite Only Cache

GCQQPT - Green Eyed Monster - Halloween Night Cache

There was another one around Caledon Mountain that was a nighttime multi or mystery which we found during the day. I don't recall the name of that one.

Have fun!

Here's a couple of nighttime caches I know of, although technically pretty much any cache can be done at night. It can ber fun doing some caches in the night too and possible adds a bit of a challenge...or sometimes it makes them easier to spot when using a flashlight.

GCQFEX - Valens Nite Only Cache

GCQQPT - Green Eyed Monster - Halloween Night Cache

There was another one around Caledon Mountain that was a nighttime multi or mystery which we found during the day. I don't recall the name of that one.

Have fun!

The Caledon Mountain one is the 'View' one mentioned by Juicepig.

Most of these night caches involve reflectors or glow-in-dark markers that you need to follow (using flashlight to illuminate). The cache itself is usually not reflective or glowing, at least the ones I've done.

Although there's no glow-in-the-dark tape, "Yggdrasil" (GCP7ZY) is a night cache that gets rave reviews (then again, I'm biased :huh: ).

Oh the horrors! The horrors!

* This cache is best done as a group in fog and rain, especially when there are spiders the size of granny smith apples building webs across the trails, and some disagreement about how far the small bushwhack should be. Hint: It isn't 400 metres.