Minneapolis Geocaching

fishercz20

I will be up in the Minneapolis Minnesota area the first week of October to enjoy the Fall Folage and was wondering for those of you who Geo in that area, are then any caches that are a must do, that you all could reccomend to me. The cities or an hour out would be fine. I notice there are many caches, but thought maybe you all had some favorites that you would share. Thanks for your time.

Fishercz20

I would say you might want to do a King Boreas cache. He has one or two hidden up there. I would be you will find one near you. :ph34r: There is a cache up there named for the former reviewer up there that I have been fond of. I heard he was a tough guy. :ph34r:

This question is best answered in the Midwest Forums. I will zip your topic there!

I will be up in the Minneapolis Minnesota area the first week of October to enjoy the Fall Folage and was wondering for those of you who Geo in that area, are then any caches that are a must do, that you all could reccomend to me. The cities or an hour out would be fine. I notice there are many caches, but thought maybe you all had some favorites that you would share. Thanks for your time.

Fishercz20

Are you flying in?

Fishercz20

Are you flying in?

Yes, i will be flying in oct 2nd

Fishercz20

If you're here for the fall colors, it's simple. Powderfinger Point, KoD Riverdance, Concrete Rainbow, Wind in the pines, Canoe Landing. That can be an all day tour if you take the time to enjoy the views.

hey FlagFinder here im about 30 mins from downtown but if you want to see some interesting caches check out some of posens they r all in roseville and some have really good camo and some containers are just mad trust me thier fun some hard but you'll love them my fav that ive done of his is one moe roseville this is a good one hes got many along this small lake a nice walk around and getting many caches in now i used to have an easter egg hunt and i got many good comments but that one is currently out of order anyway try posens oh they're addicting :laughing:

Fishercz20

I would have to agree you must try one of Posen caches, one of my favorite one even though I haven’t found it yet, is One-In-A-Million GCTCZA I scored a big fat DNF on this one, this is also is located near Roseville Minnesota. He has some interesting containers out there.

And of course you must do a King Boreas cache, it wont be hard to find one he just celebrate his 1000th hide, and there seems to be one ever were.

Welcome to Minnesota. :blink:

Edited by fireman121

:anibad: woah.

glad I live in rochester. we don't have crime like that yet.

if you get to SEMN the king boreas series on sugarloaf in winona is the best I've seen.

Rochester and Winona... now you're almost talking my area (La Crescent)! Of course its a good 200 miles out of the way of Minneapolis... but hey if you DO get to SE MN then you could try P3nGu1N's Creepy Cache. Only 2 people have found it so far, but it's halloween themed and lots of fun. I told one of my known geocacher friends about it too, but he has a sprained ankle. There are a lot of cool caches on the mississippi here.

im sure we havent had those nasty fights up here in lino lakes all ive heard is drugs here no shootings. we just had that nasty storm idk how it avoided lino we didnt get a drop of rain and rogers had quite a surprise

I was in Lino Lakes a few years ago. All I got to see was Molin Concrete Products and McDonalds!

not enough caches not made by me here lino is not big for any reason what brought you to lino? other than a happy meal B)

im sure we havent had those nasty fights up here in lino lakes all ive heard is drugs here no shootings. we just had that nasty storm idk how it avoided lino we didnt get a drop of rain and rogers had quite a surprise

I was in Lino Lakes a few years ago. All I got to see was Molin Concrete Products and McDonalds!

not enough caches not made by me here lino is not big for any reason what brought you to lino? other than a happy meal B)

Went to Moline Concrete to see their plant and process. We make some of the same products they do. Didn't have time for caching as we only had one car and the Vice President had us staying in Eden Prairie.