Gold Set - SOLD OUT

Silver Set - SOLD OUT

Nickel Set - 15 sets left

Antique Copper - 4 sets left

Antique Bronze - 6 sets left

If you want a set and havent ordered one yet,,,

Please do so asap

anticipate sets will be sold out by day's end

Walking through the toy department at Wal-mart this morning I look over and see that they have assortment of collectable HO sized train cars with graffiti painted on them.

The FIRST thing that came to me was "That would be so cool for one of the future train coins!"

So.... not being able to get the thought out of my head until I see it drawn out, I did this...

Ranger216_GraffitiTrain.jpg

Your welcome to the idea if you want to do it on a future coin. B)

D-man :)

Edited by gridlox

Awesome idea..

will definately use that in my 2007 edition..add on cars to the set..

going to have a tanker fur sure...

maybe a gondola with the grafiti...

Thanks for the idea..!!

Walking through the toy department at Wal-mart this morning I look over and see that they have assortment of collectable HO sized train cars with graffiti painted on them.

The FIRST thing that came to me was "That would be so cool for one of the future train coins!"

So.... not being able to get the thought out of my head until I see it drawn out, I did this...

Ranger216_GraffitiTrain.jpg

Your welcome to the idea if you want to do it on a future coin. B)

D-man :)

Prices are as follows:

To Pre-order go to this link

If you wish to order one of the Gold or Silver Editions, email me at robertj.thomas@verizon.net

Will you be entertaining trades?

Just wondering if you were still interested in a trade.if we havent; worked out the details yet..

Have made a few trades and always hard to math the names with the nicknames...

Yep we set up a trade and our coins were sent yesterday!

Prices are as follows:

To Pre-order go to this link

If you wish to order one of the Gold or Silver Editions, email me at robertj.thomas@verizon.net

Will you be entertaining trades?

Just wondering if you were still interested in a trade.if we havent; worked out the details yet..

Have made a few trades and always hard to math the names with the nicknames...

Yep we set up a trade and our coins were sent yesterday!

I Have yours reserved... thanks for the trade

I have been receiving multiple emails about these coins...

The set is sold out !!

This will be an ongoing franchise .. meaning I will be adding cars every year,,

So the question is "what happens if I didnt get the initial set?"

So here is what I am going to do:

make some engines & cabooses ONLY..

Not sure of metals or anything yet..

they will be trackable at GC.com

but will NOT be numbered,,

and the only way to get the other cars... was to have purchased/traded for 1st set.

So anyone who is interested in this engine & caboose , please leave post in forum..or email me...

thanks again for your interest

Well.. Good news everyone...

I got my tracking info from the minter today

and the coins will be in my hands Monday...

This means they will be shipped out by....Monday Night..

Thanks everyone for being patient...

this took a little longer than I had hoped for but looking at the samples I received..

You will be very pleased with the final result...

I have been receiving multiple emails about these coins... The set is sold out !!

I think that this is a great idea! In fact, you *could* issue a new engine every year, and a new car. I am both a railfan and a model railroader, so I would be very interested in a new engine every year. You could issue a steam, an art deco deisel, etc. You could make lots of the same caboose, and I don't think anyone would care. Those who have the original set would only want the new engine and car, while those who don't have the original set would want the caboose, too. As a lover of The Age of Steam, I would really like to see a steam-era engine. Issuing a new engine would preserve the value (for those who care about such things) of the original engine.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the minting and such. If you mail them on Monday, I should get them by the end of next week, or early in October :-) Thanks!!

I have been receiving multiple emails about these coins... The set is sold out !!

I think that this is a great idea! In fact, you *could* issue a new engine every year, and a new car. I am both a railfan and a model railroader, so I would be very interested in a new engine every year. You could issue a steam, an art deco deisel, etc. You could make lots of the same caboose, and I don't think anyone would care. Those who have the original set would only want the new engine and car, while those who don't have the original set would want the caboose, too. As a lover of The Age of Steam, I would really like to see a steam-era engine. Issuing a new engine would preserve the value (for those who care about such things) of the original engine.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the minting and such. If you mail them on Monday, I should get them by the end of next week, or early in October :-) Thanks!!

I think making a new engine every year would be a great idea! I'm not the big railfan, but the boys (father, brother, and even 4-year-old son) in my family are, and hubby has even built a miniature steam engine. I would definitely get the engine every year. And a steam-era engine would be the perfect next edition! If you decide to do it, please sign me up for the entire continuing series! :wub:

I think making a new engine every year would be a great idea! I'm not the big railfan, but the boys (father, brother, and even 4-year-old son) in my family are, and hubby has even built a miniature steam engine. I would definitely get the engine every year. And a steam-era engine would be the perfect next edition! If you decide to do it, please sign me up for the entire continuing series! :wub:

You are reading my mind with the steam engine..

There is no doubt that will be one of the 2007 coins...

but still feel I need to offer the original engine and caboose to all

I think making a new engine every year would be a great idea! I'm not the big railfan, but the boys (father, brother, and even 4-year-old son) in my family are, and hubby has even built a miniature steam engine. I would definitely get the engine every year. And a steam-era engine would be the perfect next edition! If you decide to do it, please sign me up for the entire continuing series! :huh:

You are reading my mind with the steam engine..

There is no doubt that will be one of the 2007 coins...

but still feel I need to offer the original engine and caboose to all

That's a good idea, so those who didn't get to join in the fun the first time around can still build their trains, too!

I'd LOVE to see and engine like this: Baldwin1.gif

or this:train1.gif

:)

'Course, you probably couldn't manage the animation...

:rolleyes:

ohhh.. I love it !!!

Actually, they did that coin with the spinner on the GPS Interactive coin.

1543.gif

I don't know how much it would cost to add more than one spinning wheel, but it seems more possible than not to have it included.

This would be a really awesome thing to try...

will start doing some research

Got my coins today and DANG! they are cute!!!

I'd like to repeat here about different engines being minted...dunno if I'd really like the wheels to turn. I've seen the coins with the spinner thingies and they seem fragile and more like toys than coins. The scale of the trains on these coins would make the wheels VERY small, too.

But the older locomotive styles would lure me into buying more, especially if they were on the same scale as these, so the parts were interchangable.

Edited to add - You'd want a coal car as well for some of the older engines....

Edited by ATMouse

I'd LOVE to see and engine like this: Baldwin1.gif

or this:train1.gif

:D

'Course, you probably couldn't manage the animation...

:D

ohhh.. I love it !!!

Actually, they did that coin with the spinner on the GPS Interactive coin.

1543.gif

I don't know how much it would cost to add more than one spinning wheel, but it seems more possible than not to have it included.

This would be a really awesome thing to try...

will start doing some research

Definately make sure there is something behind all parts of the spinning wheels. Since you're going to make them interchangeable with the previous coins you've released, the rails at the bottom of the coin will do the trick. (Not having something substantial behind the spinner will make them "very easily breakable". Also, I don't think putting gaps of space between the spokes would be very good. It would probably look really cool, but would probably make them almost impossible to manufacture.