Geocoin Trainset (4 Coin Set)

ranger216

G'day

Received downunder okay. Very sweet coins indeed. Thanks for these. Now I probably missed this but where do we get the activation codes?

Thanks

Andrew

I´m still waiting for them ;) . Maybe they get here today ;) . I would like to take them to an event that is going to happen today at lunch time, but...

G'day

Received downunder okay. Very sweet coins indeed. Thanks for these. Now I probably missed this but where do we get the activation codes?

Thanks

Andrew

I´m still waiting for them ;) . Maybe they get here today ;) . I would like to take them to an event that is going to happen today at lunch time, but...

hope they are there for that

G'day

Thanks

Andrew

I´m still waiting for them :laughing: . Maybe they get here today :rolleyes: . I would like to take them to an event that is going to happen today at lunch time, but...

hope they are there for that

Nope! :lol: Got some from Germany but no trains in plain sight. Hope i haven´t to wait that the Tunnel Across the Atlantic is built :P

Groundspeak telle me that the Icon should be working now..

anyone who experiences a problem.. please advise me

Got them today :D . Apart from some small defects :D they are great.

Mines are number 69-2 :D

The small icon is working fine, but the normal one, in the TB page isn´t working yet.

When do you think you´ll have the other coins available? I was thinking on buying some engines as travelers. i Think they´ll fit just fine in Microcaches.

Regards

Alberto

Here they are:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...f9-ac95b885d037

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...15-ebaa14859527

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...77-65eee18cba6d

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...77-65eee18cba6d

Edited by manchanegra

Is there an identifiable way to distinguish between the Silver and Nickel coins? Maybe a photo or just a range of numbers would be helpful.

Thanks!

and of course..if its over 25.. It cant be a silver one

I am having a hard time telling too. I have #003 in what I thought was gold and silver, but the other one is #012. So is the #3 or #12 silver? Thanks :D

Is there an identifiable way to distinguish between the Silver and Nickel coins? Maybe a photo or just a range of numbers would be helpful.

Thanks!

I am having a hard time telling too. I have #003 in what I thought was gold and silver, but the other one is #012. So is the #3 or #12 silver? Thanks :D

silver should be easy to separate from gold

perhaps I made an error?

Thanks!

perhaps I made an error?

Sorry, my mistake. I can tell the silver and gold, but not the nickel and silver.

Thanks!

perhaps I made an error?

the silver is very light and muchshinier than the nickel

Sorry, my mistake. I can tell the silver and gold, but not the nickel and silver.

I doubt that a photo will be of any help

I just received one set of each

They are numbered 021 and 085, so the former would be the silver and the latter the nickel

I have been peering at them from all angles, under incandescent and fluorescent lights

(it's cloudy today, or I would have tried sunlight, too)

The most that I can say is that the nickel appears to have a very slight brownish/yellowish tint to it, but only when compared to the silver, side-by-side

If I put them a few inches apart, I can't tell which is which

I would have called them both nickel, if I had seen them without any prior knowledge

Please be so kind as to let me know if you detect the same brownish/yellowish tint . . .

I doubt that a photo will be of any help

I just received one set of each

They are numbered 021 and 085, so the former would be the silver and the latter the nickel

I have been peering at them from all angles, under incandescent and fluorescent lights

(it's cloudy today, or I would have tried sunlight, too)

The most that I can say is that the nickel appears to have a very slight brownish/yellowish tint to it, but only when compared to the silver, side-by-side

If I put them a few inches apart, I can't tell which is which

I would have called them both nickel, if I had seen them without any prior knowledge

Please be so kind as to let me know if you detect the same brownish/yellowish tint . . .

I really didnt see that in mine...

I have one of each

I asked my wife.. she is impartial.

as if she saw difference

she says... the nickel coins have a bronze tint to them.. kind of like a nickel

and silver is more pure

and I have to go with her judgement...

cuz we are married for 17 years and I know better than to dispute her judgement

Have all of these shipped? Still waiting in Wisconsin... :laughing:

wow .. that concerns me..

all were shipped out almost 2 weeks ago

Still waiting in West Virginia as well....

Apparently the "W" of the mail section was having some trouble that day ;)

Waiting in the Western part of the Netherlands (Holland) as well... This cannot be a coincedence..

It was a very large order and I have had virtually no problems..

any coin shipments that were either lost or received open are being either replaced (with the few sets I had for my own personal use) or with a refund..

If anyone has a problem .. please contact me immediately

Ranger216

display.jpg

Just a display I'm still working on...(and YES, I know the rails should be under the wheels...pick, pick, pick...)

that... is awesome.. well done...

u need more trains...

2007 edition... mid 2007

HEL-LO... I know that, silly.

(Are you makin' fun of my woodburning?... :( )

In 2007 I will issue my 07 trainset..

However.. I am also thinking of creating a coin that will NOT be part of that set

it will be a steam engine with tender... a 3" coin

I am wondering if there is an interest in this.. as the cost will be in the $10 range based on what I see 3" coins selling for...

Please leave me feedback before I begin the workings of this project

Thanks

Ranger216

However.. I am also thinking of creating a coin that will NOT be part of that set

I am wondering if there is an interest in this.. as the cost will be in the $10 range based on what I see 3" coins selling for...

Thanks

Ranger216

I should have mentioned that even though it will be seperate from the 07 project it will still be linkable to all trains and cars already issued...

metals and numbering are also something I am looking to hear opinions from the forum on also

Thanks

Ranger216

Since I am a train nut, I would definitely like it.

Thanks

Ranger216

Since I am a train nut, I would definitely like it.

Count me in!

I've done some further research and this is starting to look like an $11 or $12 coin..

question is:

Do I go with it or scale it back to either:

2" steam engine and tender

or 2 1.75" coins.. engine/tender

I dont think option 2 makes sense.. because 2 get both made would end up as much or more that the $11 or $12 for a 3"

Please help me out with this...

That icon is very nice. No problem for me. I would stick with the 3" coin. Engines are in general fairly massive pieces of machinery, so a 3" coin would be very nice to represent that.

There may be hope in sight...

am sgopping around and still have a possibility at the $10 number as long as I use my RR icon I used on the other coins

I got a set of 4 today! B) This was a very fast correction! Thanks for restoring some hope in the market!

One odd thing though someone stated earlier that they had 003 in gold, yet that is exactly what I got today! :rolleyes:

No big though! These coins look great, the only bad thing now is I wish I could have gotten a silver set too!

I got a set of 4 today! :rolleyes: This was a very fast correction! Thanks for restoring some hope in the market!

One odd thing though someone stated earlier that they had 003 in gold, yet that is exactly what I got today! B)

No big though! These coins look great, the only bad thing now is I wish I could have gotten a silver set too!

Hey, so did I :( Here is one of my #3's

train.jpg

I got a set of 4 today! :rolleyes: This was a very fast correction! Thanks for restoring some hope in the market!

One odd thing though someone stated earlier that they had 003 in gold, yet that is exactly what I got today! B)

Hey, so did I :( Here is one of my #3's

train.jpg

would seem one of you received a bronze set..

unsure which.

it would be my desire to have less metals next time.. but really cant because if u got an 06 set in bronze.. u will most likely want an 07 in the same..

bear with me and we can get through this together... lol

I was shipping out coins from my new set of coins and found a few sets of the original set in a box under my printer stand (dont ask me how I did that one)

but, anyway, I know there were some people who emailed me that they had expressed an interest in these coins since they missed theit initial sale..

anyone interested in any of these, please email me and I will be happy to sell you a set...

I have about 10 total sets