Consolidated Search + PQ

AB4N

As I think most people will agree, I really appreciate the quality web experience here at GC.com and the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to bring the community great features and functionality.

But there is one thing that I have often hoped would eventually happen, but it has not yet. I would really like to see all of the various search options consolidated on the main Hide & Seek page. There are search functions on cache listings that are not on this page, and there are more search options on the results of a search, which are not available on the main Hide & Seek page.

It would also be a very nice premium feature to have PQ hot links on the results of a search; a link that automatically generates a PQ of the search return. The hot link could still be restricted by the daily and max limits that are already in place :ph34r:

I think I've suggested this before, but I'd also like to see "smarter" input boxes for fields such as coordinates.

Right now there are two different methods with two separate problems

(PQ's) a pull-down menu for each different coordinate format (that has to reload the page)

(Seek) two separate entry fields for DD MM.MMM and DD.DDDDD (doesn't support DD MM SS

Programs such as USAPhotoMaps have a simple solution. They have a field each for Degrees, Minutes, and Seconds and can support all three formats. If using decimal degrees, you just enter the decimal degrees into the degree box and leave the others blank. If using DMS, you use all of the boxes.

I'm not sure which format your server uses, but my guess would be decimal degrees. It's easy to use these boxes to convert to decimal degrees.

Degrees + (Minutes/60) + (Seconds/6000)

The coolest-looking solution would be to have one input box and parse any combination ala Google Earth, but this way is simple and effective.

I think I've suggested this before, but I'd also like to see "smarter" input boxes for fields such as coordinates.

Right now there are two different methods with two separate problems

(PQ's) a pull-down menu for each different coordinate format (that has to reload the page)

(Seek) two separate entry fields for DD MM.MMM and DD.DDDDD (doesn't support DD MM SS

Programs such as USAPhotoMaps have a simple solution. They have a field each for Degrees, Minutes, and Seconds and can support all three formats. If using decimal degrees, you just enter the decimal degrees into the degree box and leave the others blank. If using DMS, you use all of the boxes.

I'm not sure which format your server uses, but my guess would be decimal degrees. It's easy to use these boxes to convert to decimal degrees.

Degrees + (Minutes/60) + (Seconds/3600)

The coolest-looking solution would be to have one input box and parse any combination ala Google Earth, but this way is simple and effective.

fixed