Libraries - About to be updated

Hello all:

The LIBRARIES Category is about to be overhauled. This was an adopted category listing that I was awarded leadership of.

But the great group of officers have been discussing some concerns and I thought it would be great if everyone got to build the new Libraries description together.

So over the next few days, hopefully the group will re-write the requirements. All Officers have been given the power to edit the category, a la Wikipedia style, to see what a group does when they are able to work together.

Either we will have a strong new description, or some wicked infighting.

I think this is the first time this has been attempted, so keep an eye on it!

Watch it here - "Libraries" as it updates

:) The Blue Quasar

How long do you estimate it will take to re-write the requirements? Is there a time frame? Does this mean that new Library waymarks will not be accepted during the re-write period? You're post has made me aware of the category and there are a couple of local libraries I could add.

J.A.R.S.

Hello all:

The LIBRARIES Category is about to be overhauled. This was an adopted category listing that I was awarded leadership of.

But the great group of officers have been discussing some concerns and I thought it would be great if everyone got to build the new Libraries description together.

So over the next few days, hopefully the group will re-write the requirements. All Officers have been given the power to edit the category, a la Wikipedia style, to see what a group does when they are able to work together.

:ph34r: The Blue Quasar

Hello all:

:ph34r: The Blue Quasar

I hope you don't change it too much. :lol: I have several to submit, they are in my 200+ submission queue. Though I think I can cover most any variable you might add.

JARS and BruceS: Any and all submissions received before the update occurs will be accepted.

Jake39: Not yet, but there is a linching group forming... wanna be an officer in that?

I suspect, that the update will take place before the end of August. There are a lot of emails floating around regarding suggestions. I had set the category so any officer could edit it, but I hear no one can alter the variables.

<sigh>

Another bug?

:laughing: The Blue Quasar

The Library category has been updated as part of Phase 1:

Officers have been notified of the new description, changes to variables and requirements.

The changes are fairly minor, some are just for clarity. I didn't think it would be good to do anything drastic, and realistically... it's a list of libraries, how much can be altered?

Submissions previous to the revision do not need to be updated unless the owner wants to.

You can see the new description at: Libraries

:blink: The Blue Quasar