Famous Cachers

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - in the future I'm gonna be famous!!!

Something like, most consecuous days sitting on a couch. :ph34r:

i already got you beat there too. i have been on workers comp for almost 2 years now.

Then, stick to those 1 star terrain caches, door bangers, and skirt lifters and don't do too all fired many in one day or even a week.

Ya wouldn't want any of the local GeoCommunity who might become jealous of your fame to report ya to the fraud division.

Naaaaaa, what am I sayin'? A geocacher wouldn't do that to another geocacher. We're like family. :ph34r:;)

Something like, most consecuous days sitting on a couch. :ph34r:

i already got you beat there too. i have been on workers comp for almost 2 years now.

Then, stick to those 1 star terrain caches, door bangers, and skirt lifters and don't do too all fired many in one day or even a week.

Ya wouldn't want any of the local GeoCommunity who might become jealous of your fame to report ya to the fraud division.

Naaaaaa, what am I sayin'? A geocacher wouldn't do that to another geocacher. We're like family. ;):ph34r:

it's cool i stick to everything i said i can do whan i got my Depo taken. so it's not like i'm out doing a roofing Job.

and i stick to park and grabs i mean i live in Reseda, CA and the biggest hike i have had to do for a cache is 20 feet across a parking lot. i'm good at super micro's

I accidentally broke a bottle containing about a half a liter of fuming nitric acid on the floor of my classroom one Saturday a few years back. I was on the evening news, albeit hiding as well as I could in the background.

Seven vehicles and 17 people showed up to take care of the hazardous spill.

Would that qualify me as being somebody? :ph34r:

I think that would be infamous not famous! :ph34r:

Aren't the VeggieTales creators geocachers? I've heard there's an Easter Egg video on one of the VT DVDs that shows them caching.

Yes! Minnesota Cuke has an easter egg "Tim takes us Geocaching" If you go to the “Family Fun” domain, click left from “Catacombs Game”. When you hit enter, you’ll see Tim go geocaching in an 88-second snippet.

Looking at Monkey Womans profile I seen some familiar names in the caching world, garagedude and shirconn. They were the older pair of cachers seen on CBS nightly news segment on Geocaching.

I happened to see it when it aired and they did a great job of putting Geocaching in a good light. There was also some younger cachers in the segment, but I don't think we ever found out their handles.

I was a bit of a celebrity around here. I used to be the station manager of a local Spanish language radio station. Did the morning show for quite a while, and what made me such a novelty was that I am not Mexican. The listeners treated me like I was famous. I went to a lot of concerts and dances, and I did play by play in Spanish at the local football games, so I was very public. I still get recognized a lot.

Pretty sad when, in order to be famous, a member of your profession has to be blown to bits on their way to outter space. It's a shame it's not same for politicians. Would make election years much more interesting. :laughing:

"Both Politicians and diapers need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

:anibad::huh::o

Edited by One of the Texas Vikings

Check out this profile.

If you don't recognize her its Monkey Woman, from Who wants to be a Superhero.

88414f76-e39f-4dc7-a670-eb984edfa6ad.jpg

A hot actress geocaches?! <9key passes out/>

I know this one... Smav3719 A.KA. Monkey Woman A.KA. Mary Votava. She is my exgirlfriend, and my best friend. We started caching together last Thanksgiving. She is soon to be the most famous cacher known to cache-dom. We are planning to find out our 300th cache find together in a few weeks.

Something like, most consecuous days sitting on a couch. :laughing:

Congratulations on your recovery!

I Am Slamm'n Stew. i was on KLSX on the Nasty man show and i was a Pro-Wrestler here in Southern California. I worked with Yokozuna, Grage the Hammer Valitine, George The Animal Steel, The Iron Sheak, SABU, The Bushwackers, and so on and so on.............. i was on Jay Leno one time, a main actor in "A Wolf's Tail", and coming this September 2ND I will be Shooting my new T.V. show Slamm'n Stew's Rock Show. but i don't want to Brag. tongue.gif

:lol:

I won my sixth grade spelling bee. Does that count?

Yeah, it's all been downhill since then :huh:

I won my 5th grade spelling bee. But I couldn't spell escrow at the regional. *sigh*

But the good news is that I am going to be famous... one day... I think... maybe... and now you all can say you knew me 'way back when.'

And I was a Geocacher BEFORE I became famous...

Edited by Civisi

I won my sixth grade spelling bee. Does that count?

Yeah, it's all been downhill since then :huh:

I won my 5th grade spelling bee. But I couldn't spell escrow at the regional. *sigh*

But the good news is that I am going to be famous... one day... I think... maybe... and now you all can say you knew me 'way back when.'

And I was a Geocacher BEFORE I became famous...

That's funny, cause I misspelled "macaroni" at the regionals. You couldn't correct, and I blurted out "m-a-k-..." and then just walked off cause I realized I screwed up. It's obviously scarred me for life, and I'm still bitter. I'm sure if I'd have won it would have led to a starring role in a major motion picture, and I'd be rich and famous right now. Yep, definitely.

Famous teachers? ;)

The woman who was on space shuttle Challenger?

And she's so famous you can't even remember her name?! B)

(Crista McAuliffe)

Pretty sad when, in order to be famous, a member of your profession has to be blown to bits on their way to outter space. It's a shame it's not same for politicians. Would make election years much more interesting. B)

How did they know that Crista McAuliffe had Dandruff?

Cause they found her Head and SHoulders on the beach!! :huh:

OK, Bad joke, but, that being said, there was a chemistry teacher in my high school who was one of the 10 finalists to be the teacher on that flight.