Famous Cachers

ME! :)

I was on Bowling Green, KY channel 13 TV for about 5 seconds when I was like 8 years old. :)

Edit: Wait I have another, I rode behind the Evansville, IN channel 7 TV cameraman on the Henderson airports R-44 Raven Helicopter for aviation day, my chopper ride was on TV that night.

Edited by Airmapper

I accidentally broke a bottle containing about a half a liter of fuming nitric acid on the floor of my classroom one Saturday a few years back. I was on the evening news, albeit hiding as well as I could in the background.

Seven vehicles and 17 people showed up to take care of the hazardous spill.

Would that qualify me as being somebody? :)

I Am Slamm'n Stew. i was on KLSX on the Nasty man show and i was a Pro-Wrestler here in Southern California. I worked with Yokozuna, Grage the Hammer Valitine, George The Animal Steel, The Iron Sheak, SABU, The Bushwackers, and so on and so on.............. i was on Jay Leno one time, a main actor in "A Wolf's Tail", and coming this September 2ND I will be Shooting my new T.V. show Slamm'n Stew's Rock Show. but i don't want to Brag. :)

There's that kid that was on StarTrek. Will ????? I need a treky to help me out. He's not a kid anymore. Married & has a couple of kids himself. I think he used to cache with his brother.

I remember reading it about 3-4 yrs ago. He mentions it on his blog. Can't remember his profile either.

Also, this he does something with computers now. Remember seeing him on that geek channel.

A lot of help I am, huh?

Edited by wandering4cache

There's that kid that was on StarTrek. Will ????? I need a treky to help me out.

I remember reading it about 3-4 yrs ago. He mentions it on his blog. Can't remember his profile either.

A lot of help I am, huh?

Will Wheaton?

YUP!!! http://www.wilwheaton.net/

Here's his GC profile: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=75...27-18108f62fe2d

I just did a search here on GC using Will Wheaton. Do you know HOW MANY TIMES the topic of FAMOUS CACHERS has come up over the years??? :) LOTS....and he's always mentioned. Apparently, he's our most famous.

Edited by wandering4cache

I Am Slamm'n Stew. i was on KLSX on the Nasty man show and i was a Pro-Wrestler here in Southern California. I worked with Yokozuna, Grage the Hammer Valitine, George The Animal Steel, The Iron Sheak, SABU, The Bushwackers, and so on and so on.............. i was on Jay Leno one time, a main actor in "A Wolf's Tail", and coming this September 2ND I will be Shooting my new T.V. show Slamm'n Stew's Rock Show. but i don't want to Brag. :)

Wow, Slamm'n Stew has me beat. I'm in a indy movie where a beautiful vampiress causes great bodily injury to me.

There's that kid that was on StarTrek. Will ????? I need a treky to help me out. He's not a kid anymore. Married & has a couple of kids himself. I think he used to cache with his brother.

Also, this he does something with computers now. Remember seeing him on that geek channel.

A lot of help I am, huh?

Wow, I was just wondering about him recently. I wondered where he ended up.

There's that kid that was on StarTrek. Will ????? I need a treky to help me out.

A lot of help I am, huh?

Will Wheaton?

Here's his GC profile: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=75...27-18108f62fe2d

I just did a search here on GC using Will Wheaton. Do you know HOW MANY TIMES the topic of FAMOUS CACHERS has come up over the years??? :) LOTS....and he's always mentioned. Apparently, he's our most famous.

He's a Waymark. :)

I Am Slamm'n Stew. i was on KLSX on the Nasty man show and i was a Pro-Wrestler here in Southern California. I worked with Yokozuna, Grage the Hammer Valitine, George The Animal Steel, The Iron Sheak, SABU, The Bushwackers, and so on and so on.............. i was on Jay Leno one time, a main actor in "A Wolf's Tail", and coming this September 2ND I will be Shooting my new T.V. show Slamm'n Stew's Rock Show. but i don't want to Brag. :anitongue:

Wow, Slamm'n Stew has me beat. I'm in a indy movie where a beautiful vampiress causes great bodily injury to me.

i did a lot of background stuff too. i was on 90210 2 times, lois and clark and a few movies and other stuff including a Coca Cola ad in sports illastrated. now i'm just a no body sitting around looking for log to sign my Geocaching name to. i do have the Big Swaghs phone number sitting around some where (he was on Monster Garage) and i have some photos with me and Jessie James and jay leno and Mondo from Denvers choppers on my MySpace page

myspace.com/b1rdbrain

check it out.

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Larry Storch yet. I guess that, as time marches on, people like Larry and Wink pass from "celebrity" to "trivia game answer." It's quite sad, actually.

To MY generation, Larry Storch is an icon; certainly more "famous" than Will Wheaton. Those kids today have no idea what they're missing by ignoring his body of work.

I was on a TV special in the San Francisco area many years ago doing my FIre eating act. I got paid extra because fire eating in the eyes of the Union is a dangerous job, I do not know were they got that idea, I have only set my head on fire one time. I was also in a couple of plays with Robin Williams, but that was before anyone knew who he was. I have been interviewed a few times regarding my work as an entertainer.

THere was also an interview in a local paper about the paintball store I use to own mnany years ago. And I have been interviewed for an article about geocaching. After a while you learn what not to say to reporters

I almost made the news when I was in the middle of fireworks explosion while seting off a 6" aerial shell, the stupid shell blew up the steel mortor while I was two feet from it. No Injury so no news story.

I almost made the news when I was in the middle of fireworks explosion while seting off a 6" aerial shell, the stupid shell blew up the steel mortor while I was two feet from it. No Injury so no news story.

Thats Funny, When i was a Kid someone set a car on fire across the street from my house and i video taped it with my old VHS Camcorder. i called to see if the news wanted to buy the footage. they asked, "did some die?" the car was empty and when i told them that they said no thats not news, call use when you have a body. I got them back that same year on 4th of july. I told them I had Real Footage of a Real U.F.O. and they bought the footage with out looking at the tape. i had Skydivers at night over pierce collage and the lights that looked like a U.F.O. was the flairs they used. i got $400 for that. (4X the normal stringer video) that was back in 1991. I got to meet the skydivers after the footage aired. they all where the stunt men that did the skydive scene in Point Break. the main skydiver just Died 2 years ago BASE jumping. just funny what is and isn't NEWS also how much they pay the guy for the tapes. Stringer video is paid $150 per tape today that only a $50 raise in the last 15 years.

Is there anybody famous for other than acting? Politicians, sports figures, teachers, authors etc?

Famous teachers? :anitongue:

I'm having a hard time thinking of any famous teachers, let alone famous geocaching teachers.

The guy from Stand & Deliver?

The woman who was on space shuttle Challenger?

Aristotle?

My former live-in significant other is an actor who starred in many TV shows, stage productions and an award-winning short film. If you seen him, he'd probably look familiar to you. If I told you his name, you probably wouldn't recognize it.

This thread prompted me to search for him and I think I found him. He was a member for about two minutes. :tired: I'm not surprised. That's pretty much his limit.

Not that I'm bitter or anything. :anitongue:

Famous teachers? :tired:

And she's so famous you can't even remember her name?! :anitongue:

(Crista McAuliffe)

Pretty sad when, in order to be famous, a member of your profession has to be blown to bits on their way to outter space. It's a shame it's not same for politicians. Would make election years much more interesting. :huh:

Famous teachers? :tired:

And she's so famous you can't even remember her name?! :anitongue:

(Crista McAuliffe)

Pretty sad when, in order to be famous, a member of your profession has to be blown to bits on their way to outter space. It's a shame it's not same for politicians. Would make election years much more interesting. :huh:

OT, but there's an idea! Make the politicians who fund it and the folks in charge of it's safety actually ride on the Shuttle! Send up one Cabinet member and one Safety Engineering contractor company President on each flight and I'll bet that sucker gets re-designed in a hurry!

Sorry - back to our regularly scheduled topic... :D

A lot of help I am, huh?

Will Wheaton?

I just did a search here on GC using Will Wheaton. Do you know HOW MANY TIMES the topic of FAMOUS CACHERS has come up over the years??? :anitongue: LOTS....and he's always mentioned. Apparently, he's our most famous.

And he apparently hasn't cached since 2004 ... time to champion a new celeb ...

I Am Slamm'n Stew. i was on KLSX on the Nasty man show and i was a Pro-Wrestler here in Southern California. I worked with Yokozuna, Grage the Hammer Valitine, George The Animal Steel, The Iron Sheak, SABU, The Bushwackers, and so on and so on.............. i was on Jay Leno one time, a main actor in "A Wolf's Tail", and coming this September 2ND I will be Shooting my new T.V. show Slamm'n Stew's Rock Show. but i don't want to Brag. :anitongue:

And to think, all this time I thought your avatar was Bubba Ray Dudley.

Larry Storch, now there's a childhood memory. We used to watch F-Troop every night before dinner. :tired:

There's also Harrald, who is/used to be a stagehand for the David Letterman Show, and used to make an occasional on-camera appearance. It looks like he hasn't been caching in a while though.

I have fed some famous people. I'll bet I'm in the background of lots of pictures. :anitongue:

Edited by wimseyguy

Check out this profile.

If you don't recognize her its Monkey Woman, from Who wants to be a Superhero.

88414f76-e39f-4dc7-a670-eb984edfa6ad.jpg

That's cool... I was just watching "Who wants to be a Superhero" last night. She's got a great costume :anitongue:

she got booted cuz they made her think she wasn't on the show and was talking to some guy. the show is funny. i've been watching it.

Dang, how come every time I see some gal I want to meet she's got something like "knife-throwing" :tired::huh: in her profile?

Is there anybody famous for other than acting? Politicians, sports figures, teachers, authors etc?

Famous teachers? :anitongue:

I'm having a hard time thinking of any famous teachers, let alone famous geocaching teachers.

Not geocachers but famous teachers include Bill Nie the Science guy, Stephen Hawking, Socrates, Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, and Albert Einstein.

Hacking your way in, carving a trail to a cache with a machete... if you weren't famous before you might soon be!

:anitongue: Here we go with that "machetes are evil" nonsense again. That happened on the video page, too, so I posted this:

Despite a somewhat popular misconception that machetes are evil, there are many legitimate uses for them in all but the most sensitive environments. The machete usage depicted in this video represented no permanent damage to any native species of tree, grass, or plant life of any kind.

There is a distinct difference between laying grass aside with the broad side of a machete blade and "hacking" and "carving."

Now back to the on-topic stuff (please).

Dude i Know where that is. It's In Downtown Reseda, CA next to the 7/11 near the Projects. you need a machete there. not to cut grass but to keep you safe from the Gangbangers. essay. :ph34r:

A short literary composition on a single subject expressing a personal view?

You probably mean 'ese'.

Edited by sbell111

I'm the star in

. Does that count for anything here?

Dude i Know where that is. It's In Downtown Reseda, CA next to the 7/11 near the Projects. you need a machete there. not to cut grass but to keep you safe from the Gangbangers. essay. :ph34r:

LOL

That says a lot, coming from a big guy.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - in the future I'm gonna be famous!!!

Something like, most consecuous days sitting on a couch. :lol: