Geocaching SCRAPBOOKING supplies

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! ScrapYourTrip.com now carries Geocaching scrapbooking diecuts. The first geocaching scrapbook stuff I've seen anywhere.

http://www.scrapyourtrip.com/geocaching.html

(I've ordered from them about 4 times. Service is great & fast!!)

Thinking these might be neat to place in a new cache.

OK, color me stupid, but is that a STAMP?? A Sticker??

Ghezzze I need to get out more...

I think they are diecuts. I'm certain the word "geocaching" is a die cut....meaning cut by die from thick cardstock. I've gotten other titles from them & that's what they were.

The logo I'm guessing is the same. Usually they are like paper piecings. All the pieces are cut out of the correct color cardstock, & you just use a bit of your favorite adhesive to stick together.

If you have questions, they respond to email fast.

In years past, I've bought geocaching patches from the Groundspeak store & used that on my scrapbook page. Here's a link to a 6 page layout I made way back in 2002 when we started caching. Back then, you had to make just about everything for your page. Not much in stores then. LOL And YES, I know the compass points are backwards. I noticed it later...and that's the way the clipart came offline. LOL

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex...30855534&f=

Edited by wandering4cache

I think they are diecuts. I'm certain the word "geocaching" is a die cut....meaning cut by die from thick cardstock. I've gotten other titles from them & that's what they were.

The logo I'm guessing is the same. Usually they are like paper piecings. All the pieces are cut out of the correct color cardstock, & you just use a bit of your favorite adhesive to stick together.

Ok, cutout cardboard.... Sorry, I guess I would need to be a scaper to understand... Are they like a stencil that you can use over and over?

Ahh, nevermind... some things in life should ALWAYS be a mystery... :anitongue::tired:

She is a scrapbook nerd.

What is this "scrapbook," you speak of?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapbook

This will explain scrapbooking. Its big amoung many people. There are stories out there that cater to scrapbooking, and a log of groups are making available scrapbooking materials with their logos and the like. Also check out art supply stores like Michael's, or even the craft area of Wal-Mart etc.

I wonder if they are going to get a letter from Groundspeak's attorney?

I would hope/assume she went thru all the necessary contacting. She also sells Disney stuff & Disney is the WORSE out there about using their name / icon / logo without permission.

As for those looking for more geocaching stuff, she takes suggestions!!!! I'm SURE thats how those got there in the first place.

In years past, I've bought geocaching patches from the Groundspeak store & used that on my scrapbook page. Here's a link to a 6 page layout I made way back in 2002 when we started caching. Back then, you had to make just about everything for your page. Not much in stores then. LOL And YES, I know the compass points are backwards. I noticed it later...and that's the way the clipart came offline. LOL

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex...30855534&f=

That's an awesome layout :D

I love the idea of doing a caching scrapbook - that would be FUN!

I wonder if they are going to get a letter from Groundspeak's attorney?

Yup they did ...

Ahhh.... So that would explain why, when I went there, there was just the map paper and the die cut title...

Hmmm... Maybe I'll make a set and offer it for free. I think that would be OK with Groundspeak....

::runs off to check licensing rules::

Well, before I bother... My set would be for digital scrapbooking. Is there any interest in a geocaching digi-scrapbooking set?

I would be interested in any digi-scrapbooking stuff anyone comes up with or finds!!!! Digital is actually how I got into paper scrapping way back in 1999. I was doing digital for years before digital was in. lol Too bad it didn't catch on faster. Think of all the $ I could have saved. B)

Oh...and too bad the geocaching logo diecut is gone from the scrapyourtrip.com website. :)