Upcoming Local Event - Trying to Ramp Up Interest in Coins

GPX Navigators

Hi there -

We are holding our first event early next month (GCWKWA) in the hopes that this will be just one of many annual event caches. We're very excited about it and hope to bring more caching and coin interest to the area. I've been told that SD was the last state to place a geocache, so you can imagine where we stand with coins - few and far between. I'm very interested in geocoins - probably stems from coin collecting as a kid - and I am trying to find a way to get some at the event to give away as well as have people discover coins (if they so desire) and hopefully generate some enthusiasm in geocache coins in general. This will hopefully bring in enough interest to have us create a state and/or event coin in the next year. We have a couple coins that will be showcased but I would really like to make this a big thing at the event so people can begin to see and explore other areas of geocaching - and get some coins moving through area caches. Our area needs some positive input right now, and bringing coins to the area could go a long way to helping and redirecting people's energies to the positive side of caching.

If anyone has any coins they would be willing to sell (or you know of anyone selling coins), at what you think is a reasonable cost, please email me. I am only starting my personal collection (this could be trouble!) so I don't have anything to trade - yet - LOL! I am doing this out of my pocket but am hoping to pick up a couple of really cool coins to give away to attendees and to make this kickoff event talked about for months to come! And when we design our own coin - and I really plan to push for that - we will bring it to you for input and eventually at best price possible. Thanks so much for reading!

I am going to send a free silver one with your Geodetic Center Coin purchase, they are not for sale and there are only 100 minted. I still have over half of them. I planned to give them to cachers, trade them and gifts at events. I find that more have gone to this type of deal and fund raisers for other cachers than anything else. Glen

We got mail! My daughter said it was the best day of mail ever!

Huge thanks to southbayday, honeychile, prntr1 and Team Talisman. The coins you sent our way for the event are awesome!!! We are going to have some happy cachers!

Your welcome, and I hope the event is a great sucess... :laughing:

Ditto that!!!

We got mail! My daughter said it was the best day of mail ever!

Huge thanks to southbayday, honeychile, prntr1 and Team Talisman. The coins you sent our way for the event are awesome!!! We are going to have some happy cachers!

Your welcome, and I hope the event is a great sucess... :laughing:

I have yet to get a coin of my own going. Mainly just havent had the money to get one or at least get the wife to approve! Having a baby on the way doesnt help either. LOL Any good places I can get a coin real cheap other than Ebay? I just got into this about a month or so ago and have been having a great time. Want to get a coin going of my own soon!

Thanks,

Jayman11

Adding more thanks - sorry should have done this last week but we were insane aroud here - and that is an understatement! B)

Truly huge thanks to all who have sent coins our way for the event. In addition to those mentioned in earlier post we would also like to thank summerandnana, RattlingCrew and CKayaks.

Truly awesome folks on these forums! Thank you. :ph34r:

Adding more thanks - sorry should have done this last week but we were insane aroud here - and that is an understatement! B)

Truly huge thanks to all who have sent coins our way for the event. In addition to those mentioned in earlier post we would also like to thank summerandnana, RattlingCrew and CKayaks.

Truly awesome folks on these forums! Thank you. :ph34r:

You are very welcome, sounds like you have quite a stash to give away. Hope the event is major success and turns into many more. Events are so much fun, in CA we also have unevents since we love to get together.

Take care

Hi there -

We are holding our first event early next month (GCWKWA) in the hopes that this will be just one of many annual event caches. We're very excited about it and hope to bring more caching and coin interest to the area. I've been told that SD was the last state to place a geocache, so you can imagine where we stand with coins - few and far between. I'm very interested in geocoins - probably stems from coin collecting as a kid - and I am trying to find a way to get some at the event to give away as well as have people discover coins (if they so desire) and hopefully generate some enthusiasm in geocache coins in general. This will hopefully bring in enough interest to have us create a state and/or event coin in the next year. We have a couple coins that will be showcased but I would really like to make this a big thing at the event so people can begin to see and explore other areas of geocaching - and get some coins moving through area caches. Our area needs some positive input right now, and bringing coins to the area could go a long way to helping and redirecting people's energies to the positive side of caching.

If anyone has any coins they would be willing to sell (or you know of anyone selling coins), at what you think is a reasonable cost, please email me. I am only starting my personal collection (this could be trouble!) so I don't have anything to trade - yet - LOL! I am doing this out of my pocket but am hoping to pick up a couple of really cool coins to give away to attendees and to make this kickoff event talked about for months to come! And when we design our own coin - and I really plan to push for that - we will bring it to you for input and eventually at best price possible. Thanks so much for reading!

Sorry for sending such a long list ! Take your time and hope you find some interesting coins!

:ph34r::huh:B)

We held our event yesterday and I cannot tell you how much fun everyone had and what a big hit the coins were. We had giveaways at the end of the day and the coins went fast & quick. People were leaping at the chance to get a coin. No surprise there. :ph34r:

Thank you so much to all who donated. We now also have a coin cache in the area because of your generoisty. Hope to see some of the coins you sent making their travels around the world. And many more people were interested in coins and what they represent so we shared quite a lot of fun and info.

Now to get planning on our coin!

Thank you all! You brought a lot of joy and goodness to the event.