BookCrossing

wandat24

I have started to read about the BookCrossing. I really love to read and wanted to do a book exchange cache... Can I have it on here (GC.com) if it's not just a book exchange? I was thinking about having one or two books that I would ask one to be exchanged for, but there will also be the normal swag in it as well.

Edited by wandat24

You could put out a cache and ask that only books be used for trade items and include labelling tools for people to make bookcrossing books out of them, maybe.

I've seen caches like this before. The problem will only be that you can't mandate that someone trade only books and might need to empty out certain things that people leave and restock with books again.

You could put out a cache and ask that only books be used for trade items and include labelling tools for people to make bookcrossing books out of them, maybe.

I've seen caches like this before. The problem will only be that you can't mandate that someone trade only books and might need to empty out certain things that people leave and restock with books again.

I was thinking there'd be a problem if there were only books, so plan on leaving other items as well. Replacing books wouldn't be too hard to do, I have about 50 I have read or won't read :ph34r:

I have all kinds of genre books, and a .50 cal ammo can :ph34r: I figure I can place 3-5 books and a half dozen odd and ends items for regular swag. I won't say they Have to trade a book for a book, but I'd rather they did. I've also thought about adding to my collection of books that I'll use this, by getting children's books to use. The one kind I don't have extra of (I have two daughters). Only thing I hate is most of my books are paper back. How ever I don't think it'll be a major problem. I have some hard backs as well. Of course I may have to find something larger then a .50 cal can.

Edited by wandat24

You can certainly make it a bookcrossing cache (listed one this morning for trading books) and include regular swag as well. There are a bunch of these out there.

Here's a list:

If you're looking for Bookcrossing places to drop off or pickup, there's a Waymarking category for these as well. It just got started, so maybe you can help them out by adding more!