How do I move a cache?

refsvik

You can adjust your own coordinates for small moves, of up to 528 feet (161 meters), by adding an "Updated Coordinates" log. Access this from the page where you edit your cache description. But any move greater than that requires involvement by your volunteer cache reviewer. For an 800 meter move, you'll likely hear the same advice that briansnat gave you: make a new cache for the new spot.

I have the same issue. I had to move a cache about 500 yards and, due to the naming convention (it's a One Degree of Separation cache), I didn't want to have to recreate it. I disabled it, then posted a reviewer note with the updated coords, asking if the reviewer could OK the move. Five days later, I've gotten no response. :)

Also, my reviewer notes are visible to everyone who visits the page. I thought reviewer notes were only visible to the cache owner and the reviewer. WUWT? ;)

I have the same issue. I had to move a cache about 500 yards and, due to the naming convention (it's a One Degree of Separation cache), I didn't want to have to recreate it. I disabled it, then posted a reviewer note with the updated coords, asking if the reviewer could OK the move. Five days later, I've gotten no response. ;)

Also, my reviewer notes are visible to everyone who visits the page. I thought reviewer notes were only visible to the cache owner and the reviewer. WUWT? :)

Your reviewer will not received notificiation of a "note to reviewer" posted on the page unless it is on his watchlist. If you want to correspond with your reviewer after the cache has been published, you need to send an e-mail.

As far as the notes themselves, reviewer notes prior to publishing are deleted from the page before it is published. Any reviewer notes posted after publishing stay on the page unless you delete them yourself.

That said, a move of 500 yards really should be a new cache page. Its an entirely different cache hunt. You can just copy and paste the cache text into your new page if you don't want to write it all over again.

If you are moving it that far you are better off archiving the old cache and submitting a new one. Its an entirely different hunt. You can recycle the container and even the contents and just add a new logbook.

I will echo Briansnat here - that big a move just makes it a new hunt entirely.