Category Proposal: Non-Specific Veterans Memorial

I've noticed while out Waymarking that there are a number of veterans' memorials that honor "those who serve" or "those who served" without specifying a particular war. I'd like to list those memorials somewhere, but there currently isn't a category for non-war memorials (or multi-war memorials).

So, here's my proposal:

A category, perhaps called "Veterans' Memorials" or something along that line, where ONLY the following memorials would be acceptable:

Memorials to Veterans that are not war-specific, that is, that say something along the lines of "Honoring our Veterans" or "Honoring the Veterans of <whatever> County" or "Honoring Those Who Serve" or whatever. War-specific ones can be listed in the appropriate Waymarking category for that war, and links would be provided. If there isn't a category yet, I'm sure it'll come along eventually.

Memorials to Veterans that are multi-war in scope, such as Jackson Park, in Windsor, Ontario, which has monuments for everything from the Boer War up through Iraq, as well as small monuments dedicated to "Air", "Land", and "Sea" service.

So, what do you think? I'm open to suggestions, comments, refinements to the rules...

And of course, if you'd like to help out, I'd really appreciate that too. As soon as I get some feedback about a Management Group name, I'll start the creation process.

Thanks!

yes a good category....i have several files of this nature gathering dust in my collection somewhere, if i can find them once the cat goes live.....

i will help with group management, in a category evolution aspect, but probably not more than that.

what about all the other [specific] war memorials? there are only the CW and WWI (right?).....is anyone working on the others (WWII, Nam, Korea, Desert Storm, 1812, etc)?

yes a good category....i have several files of this nature gathering dust in my collection somewhere, if i can find them once the cat goes live.....

i will help with group management, in a category evolution aspect, but probably not more than that.

what about all the other [specific] war memorials? there are only the CW and WWI (right?).....is anyone working on the others (WWII, Nam, Korea, Desert Storm, 1812, etc)?

There are currently American Civil War, WW1, and Vietnam POW / MIA monuments. I don't know if the Vietnam one would accept monuments to those who died in the Vietnam war.

I wouldn't mind helping out with a few of the others, especially WW2, but I want to get this one off the ground and flying first.