How long for a cache to be reviewed?

Team CDCB

Okay, so I'm working on placing my first cache. I've filled out the form and do all that. I can see my cache, but it is of course labeled as not having been reviewed yet. It's been about 2.5 days since I first submitted it. I'm not sure if this is typical or if they are normaly reviewed by now. Nothing has been added to the log to indicate that a reviewer has a problem with it, so I don't think that it... just no answer.

I know there is a link on the Hide/Seek page if your cache has gone 72 hours with no update, but unfortuantely, when I click on that link, I just get a timeout and nothing loads on the webpage.

Thoughts/Opinions? If the reviewer is just really busy, that's okay, I can deal. But I just don't know what's up, and that has me a bit, I dunno, concerned/worried?

Okay, so I'm working on placing my first cache. I've filled out the form and do all that. I can see my cache, but it is of course labeled as not having been reviewed yet. It's been about 2.5 days since I first submitted it. I'm not sure if this is typical or if they are normaly reviewed by now. Nothing has been added to the log to indicate that a reviewer has a problem with it, so I don't think that it... just no answer.

I know there is a link on the Hide/Seek page if your cache has gone 72 hours with no update, but unfortuantely, when I click on that link, I just get a timeout and nothing loads on the webpage.

Thoughts/Opinions? If the reviewer is just really busy, that's okay, I can deal. But I just don't know what's up, and that has me a bit, I dunno, concerned/worried?

Wait 72 hours....... :D

Your cache shows up in the queue, so when the reviewer gets to it, it will likely move along fairly quickly. There are some traditional caches in there that may well get reviewed prior to yours, but I doubt it will be much longer. Keep in mind that reviewing is done during spare time, and things can get in the way (work, family, etc) from time to time, making the wait a bit longer. Reviewers don't like the queue to get backed up so we try to stay on top of it as much as possible!

One thing that I would suggest you do while you wait, I notice you added the final coordinates to the page using the reviewer note, it would help if you could add it using the additional waypoints feature as well. You'll see the "waypoints" link/button on the right hand side of the page in the navigation menu. If you need help, there is a FAQ available here and here.

Quiggle

edit: I will note that your reviewer note is very helpful--that kind of detail should help move the process along a good bit since it may very well answer any questions the reviewer may have.

Edited by Quiggle
Thanks for the info... I guess I'm just a bit unsure of myself being a newbie cache planter and all. Just wanted to make sure I was doing everything right.

I've added the final location as a waypoint.

Now I'll sit and be good until it gets published. :D

Looks good, thanks for your patience.

:)