My Pocket Queries Page

LeGodFather

Yesterday, I updated some of my PQs and they were sorted in order of "last generated (PST)" column.

Today, they are ordered by "Name".

Although I like the neatness of this sort order, I like the "Last generated" order too... :)

Is there a way to make both columns sortable?

Thanks,

:D

Yikes. I don't like this at all. It happened once before, as a brief interim stage, between descending and ascending chronological order.

Let's home that this will be brief too, and that we'll soon have the chronological order back... I HATE it when it is like this!

Well, I like the alpha sort and had asked for it when PQs first came out. That being said I wouldn't want to force my preference on anyone else. So if a variety of sorting options could be made available then everyone would be happy.

Well, I like the alpha sort and had asked for it when PQs first came out. That being said I wouldn't want to force my preference on anyone else. So if a variety of sorting options could be made available then everyone would be happy.

I once thought I'd like it too.. but, I guess that if I had the choice, I'd like both!

I agree. I have several PQs I created last spring for a road trip. I won't need to run those again until I head off that direction.

Now all of those PQs are mixed in with the local ones I run in rotation. :blink:

With the alphabetical order, it is more difficult to sort out the ones I need to run for this area.

Pleeeeeze change it back, or give us the option.

TIA. :blink:

As a sort of workaround for little-used queries being out of order, just append the name with a number or letter. Most of my PQ names are appended with the state or region name, or something such as the "@" symbol (I think a few characters can cause an error). I did this a while back to keep them straight in my email client, but it means that my online PQ list is sorted the way I want it now that it's alphabetical.

Of course, this doesn't help if you want to sort by date run, though...

Having preference options for sorting would be nice, but in the absence of that, I prefer the new order because through the choice of name (prefixing with specific characters or numbers) I can have the order always the same. That makes it easier to find when you have a lot of PQs set up (which I do).

Having preference options for sorting would be nice, but in the absence of that, I prefer the new order because through the choice of name (prefixing with specific characters or numbers) I can have the order always the same. That makes it easier to find when you have a lot of PQs set up (which I do).

Yes, but it's not nearly as easy to determine when a query that should have run hasn't done so on schedule. In the original sort order (by date run) it's pretty easy to identify queries that didn't run without inspecting every date.

My main curiousity though is why it keeps changing back and forth. I'd rather adapt once to whatever the order is going to be and quit discovering that my last workaround doesn't work any more.

So if there's a poll, I strongly support date-run order or or if it's workable, an option or a button to sort either way. But I also would like some stability. Please let us know which way it's going to be and keep it that way?

This suggested feature probably deserves it's own thread, but here it is anyway - it would be nice if the icons on the query summary page showed whether each PQ is "uncheck after run" or repeats.

Don't go changing, to try and please me

You never let me down before

Don't imagine you're too familiar

And I don't see you anymore

I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble

We never could have come this far

I took the good times, I'll take the bad times

I'll take you just the way you are

This issue happened two weeks ago, and there have been at least two threads about it. None of those threads seem to have a reply (unless I missed it) from anyone on the geocaching.com side.

I've also expressed my request for the page (I prefer sorted by date order, but would also be happy to see it be user selectable, i.e. click the column header you want to sort by). I've indicated this in the past as a feature request as well, all with no replies.

I may be stretching a guess here, but I really don't think they want to change how this page works, or comment on why it works the way it does, even though reading through the forums there seems to be very strong support for having the page sorted by date.

... there seems to be very strong support ...
There are 305608 active caches in 222 countries.

In the last 7 days, there have been 214191 new logs written by 34031 account holders.

A couple of dozen out of 34 thousand could hardly be called "strong support." More like a vocal minority :P

I'm sure the dev guys have this on their list, but anyone who's been around here for any length of time knows that the development schedule is typically measured in months or years. Patience, grasshopper :)

In the last 7 days, there have been 214191 new logs written by 34031 account holders.

A couple of dozen out of 34 thousand could hardly be called "strong support." More like a vocal minority :P

I'm sure the dev guys have this on their list, but anyone who's been around here for any length of time knows that the development schedule is typically measured in months or years. Patience, grasshopper :)

But, it would be interesting to see how many of these 34000+ account holders are Premium Member and using PQs!

Very Strong, I'm basing that on people that have outspoken. Go back and count, you will see much stronger support for people that prefer it in date order than you will see it for people that prefer it in name order. We all know that the forums only represent a small fraction of the users, but the forum users do "tend" to be the more active and involved users. I do think its accurate to say that date order is much preffered over name order, but I'll throw in my suggestion for making it user selectable again.