"World Release Register" for Coins & Bugs

Team chelmo

Hello...I will gladly drop coins and ot TB's for anyone who wants one in Florida or just the states. I live in Jacksonville Florida.

Please add me to the registry.

I am also looking for someone to drop a coin or TB in Ireland for me. Anybody out there willing to help?

Thanks. :cry:

Edited by RusticScout

G'day

My interest in Geocaching has waned/been taken over by other other activities to the point that I will no longer be maintaining the Register. I am happy to leave it in place as it is or better still have someone else take it on.

Who ever takes it on will need to host the page somewhere, however, I am happy to pass on the html code to get you started.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Regards

Andrew

Did you already found somebody?

Maybe i can add the register to my site.

There seems to be plenty of cachers who are still offering to release trackables for others, in various parts of the world...

But do you think that this register is still worth maintaining? Are there still plenty of folks who would like to have their trackable released in another country? I ask this because, looking back at the start of this Topic (April 06), there were a lot of people who were happy to send their geocoins off in the mail for release "in the wild" abroad and I wonder whether the same applies today? My impression is that many are reluctant to put geocoins out in their own country, let alone in other far-flung lands.

I've been in touch with Aushiker. He's happy for someone to take the register over. I will do it if folks think it's worth doing, but I can't take it on for a month or so.

If anyone else would like to take it over onto their site, please get in touch with Aushiker, through his profile.

MrsB

There seems to be plenty of cachers who are still offering to release trackables for others, in various parts of the world...

But do you think that this register is still worth maintaining? Are there still plenty of folks who would like to have their trackable released in another country? I ask this because, looking back at the start of this Topic (April 06), there were a lot of people who were happy to send their geocoins off in the mail for release "in the wild" abroad and I wonder whether the same applies today? My impression is that many are reluctant to put geocoins out in their own country, let alone in other far-flung lands.

I've been in touch with Aushiker. He's happy for someone to take the register over. I will do it if folks think it's worth doing, but I can't take it on for a month or so.

If anyone else would like to take it over onto their site, please get in touch with Aushiker, through his profile.

MrsB

Hello. In reply to your question about is there still a desire to use this register I would say yes based on my own experiences with it. I've used it to send about 20 TBs off to be released in areas all over the world. I've also seen over in the TB Forum where several geocachers have in the past posted requests for people in other areas to release trackables for them. When I've noticed those requests I've always shared the information with them and they seemed to really appreciate it.

For those of us stuck up in the frozen north where caching is at a virtual standstill for 5 months out of the year it's a really nice resource to be able to send our travelers to warmer climates. That way while the snow is still knee deep here we can watch our geocoins and TBs travel in warm climates and live vicariously through them.

Personally I don't think that most experienced cachers even remember this register exists since I've never seen a single person recommend it, other than myself. For it to really be a well utilized resource and to make to increase it's visibility I feel that it should be stickied up at the top of the TBs Forum since that is where I've seen everybody ask about finding people to release trackables.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents for whatever they're worth. In the event this register just goes away in January of this year I saved screen shots of the entire register so I can continue to utilitilize it.

If Aushiker happens to see this thread I want to say thank you for a great resource that has given me lots of enjoyment. Your work on this register was much appreciated!!!! :D

If anyone would like his/her coin or TB to start in the Netherlands (the small country at the right of the UK and left of Germany, Europe), you can send me an e-mail or PM and I will give you my adress.

I live in Nijmegen, the Netherlands were we have some commemorative caches for WW II and even a cache on the Canadian War Cemetry placed by JOBED, a Canadian cacher.

I do cache regularly and prefer the longer multi's.

Let me know if you are interested.

Ruud4d

Just like to say this is a great idea we in the north have 6 months of snow we do cache in the winter but not many and the coins just stay i love to get them out and see them travel

we do have coins from other place's that are droped off,but have to explain that the cache is under 14 feet of snow and can not get to it until mid-may

they all understand and laugh so much for globe warming!

Labrador Wild Man

i live in the Dover, UK< closest part to france

i am happy to recieve coins by post and release in A TB hotel just down the road.

this will act as either a start further north towards scotland or a jump to france and make there way thru France Germany Spain, Italy etc.

if anyone wants my address to start a coin PM me and i can give you the full address including postcode.

How the heck did this thread get by me?

If you want me to start your traveler off, send your bugs and coins to:

Mark aka Snoogans

C/O PRESS Your Luck

P.O. Box 516

Missouri City, Texas 77459-0516

This address may change in a few months but I'll update in a later post.

I'll be going to GW8 this year and hitting about 22 states going to and from....

I prefer to transfer coins person to person at events because I hate being the last person to drop a coin in a cache when it disappears and I won't be dipping anyone's bug or coin in every stinkin' state I cache through. That's way too much work for a free ride.

Hi All

I like to thank all the people who has help me get some coins out into the world i still have coins to let go if anybody can help me would be GREAT!

Has soon has i start to geo-caching again most of the caches still under 6 feet of snow will post a note

So again if anybody can help me to get some coins out it will a great help

Thanks again

Labrador Wild Man

Hi all first like to thank the geo-caches who has help me get some coins out.

All the family and nieces and nephews I have got them watching them move and learn where they are and have gone. Great Photos

Well thought we were going to have an early spring, so we can get out before the end of May? well I was wrong more snow to come and -28c think that is the same has -28F

I would love to get more coins out into the world;

this is the only way until summer holidays

So if anybody can help love to hear from you I love make the coin pages and Links all about the coin and where I live so all can read and little learn.

Big thanks

Labrador Wild man

Hi all first like to thank the geo-caches who has help me get some coins out.

All the family and nieces and nephews I have got them watching them move and learn where they are and have gone. Great Photos

Well thought we were going to have an early spring, so we can get out before the end of May? well I was wrong more snow to come and -28c think that is the same has -28F

I would love to get more coins out into the world;

this is the only way until summer holidays

So if anybody can help love to hear from you I love make the coin pages and Links all about the coin and where I live so all can read and little learn.

Big thanks

Labrador Wild man

In February we moved along your Labrador Wildman geocoin #56 and I see it's now in north Wales, UK.

We'll happily place any of your geocoins in UK, if you want to send any here by mail. In a couple of weeks we'll be visiting west Wales, mid-June we'll be on the Isles of Scilly (off the far SW point of England) and in July we'll be going to Scotland for the UK Mega Event, so we could drop them in different areas for you.

Just contact me through our profile if you're interested in sending any across The Pond.

MrsB

I don't know if anyone had taken over the WRR, but I have taken it upon myself to carry it on.

You can now find the WORLD RELEASE REGISTER at: WRR PAGE.

I will be going through all the pages of this thread to get a complete listing of everyone who has volunteered to be on the listing. I have also created links directly on the WRR to be added or deleted from the list. Hope this carries on for a long long time, and I'm happy to host it.

~J

I don't know if anyone had taken over the WRR, but I have taken it upon myself to carry it on.

You can now find the WORLD RELEASE REGISTER at: WRR PAGE.

I will be going through all the pages of this thread to get a complete listing of everyone who has volunteered to be on the listing. I have also created links directly on the WRR to be added or deleted from the list. Hope this carries on for a long long time, and I'm happy to host it.

~J

Thanks for taking the time to keep this going.

Hope to see this put to good use for many.

Whew!

After transposing the OLD WRR page, I have created 2 new WRR pages, and I have sent an email to each and everyone on that list...

Tomorrows task - go through each page of this thread to ensure those who asked to be on the list is on it, and to remove those who don't.

What did I get myself into.. my fingers are numb! LOL

~J

There is now a page 3 on the WRR - some transformation has taken place, so for those paying attention, if I didn't get your flag right, let me know! :rolleyes:

I have gotten alot of return emails confirming or removing people from the WRR list - If you haven't given me your CACHING NICK in your email, it's going to take me a bit of time to figure out who you are, as I did NOT copy back the email from your profiles back to myself. I will get to it though.

For Eartha: Can you 'Sticky' or 'Cross-ref' this thread into the Travel Bug forum as well, or will I need to start a new thread on this over there?

List of countries and members has been updated through page 10 of this thread. My eyes are burning :)

Just waiting on responses from those I have emailed.

Oh, and my Geocoin Bank cache was published yesterday (secure). You can find it from my profile - so... if anyone wants to start off a coin or bug with me, you know where to find me!

~J

Thank you! And the list has been updated as of this post - KEEP THOSE REQUESTS COMING!!!

~J