San Jaun Capastrano

b1rdbrain

if you live in this area i just saw on the news a Bob Cat is running around. so please be careful getting the caches in the hills of San Jaun Capastrano. Just a Heads UP. :laughing:

I think I'm safe here in Hawaii but thanks anyways. Maybe you should also try the regional forums.

Yep, I would be much more worried about a mountain lion than a bobcat. I've had one outside our light from the fire ring one 10 degree evening "meowing", so to speak. I think he was jealous of our fire. Hey buddy, get your own!

Sounds like a regional issue. I'm sure most who live there know they are around, but I will move this to the regional forum where it applies.

I saw bobcat tracks up on Chiquito Ridge in RSM a couple of weeks ago. They were verified by Tissa1020, who is a nature guide in the parks. In Verdugo Canyon, the workers say they saw a puma (a bobcat with a long tail). I still haven't had my first personal sighting of the cats. This year I have seen rabbits, ticks, lizards, rattlesnake, coyote, deer, lots of birds, but no cats.

I saw bobcat tracks up on Chiquito Ridge in RSM a couple of weeks ago. They were verified by Tissa1020, who is a nature guide in the parks. In Verdugo Canyon, the workers say they saw a puma (a bobcat with a long tail). I still haven't had my first personal sighting of the cats. This year I have seen rabbits, ticks, lizards, rattlesnake, coyote, deer, lots of birds, but no cats.

Just to dispell misinformation the name for a cougar is puma concolor, a puma is NOT a bobcat with a long tail.

"A cat of many names, the Puma is also known as the Cougar, Panther or Mountain Lion."

Here's a link for more info. on pumas, cougars, mountain lions, etc.... (which are one in the same)

http://www.agarman.dial.pipex.com/puma.htm