When not caching, Do you carry a Geocoin ?

glennk721

I was wondering if when you are out and about , work or play. But NOT caching , Do you carry a Geocoin in your pocket, In a Purse for the ladys on the forum, or physicaly attached to your body like you are a walking TB ? " Hi I'm Glenn Log Me :laughing: . "

This is just a curiosity question to through out, and have some fun with !!

I carry a -crake- Tracking Time coin in my pocket at all times. Why, maybe because it helps me keep on time since I don't like watches :rolleyes: , On a serious note I show to people I meet, tell them the concept of this hobby, about the coin its tracking ability and possibly have someone else enjoy this hobby. People are facinated with the design of this coin and listen to the concept, most walk away with a smile (so far) having enjoyed the coin and chat. Maybe a new cacher to be :ph34r:

All the folks at the local post office ask me so what type of coin are you mailing today and where to ? LOL, They are some nice folks and also enjoy seeing the destination of my postals.

Going to buy a few Generic USA coins and give them to the postal workers that get my coins out promptly, should be a fun visit there !! Oh yes and a special one for my mailman. : - ) he is quite a busy man coming to our home !!

I have given thought to another coin since I have more then one pocket now to chose what one : - )

I could not find a thread like this if it was done before sorry I could not find it so here goes.

Glenn

:laughing: I have a Selective Availability on a key ring with my gate key on it, so I use it every day practically. It's always in my vehicle so I guess that it's been on just about all of my caching adventures, or at least in the parking area of em'. It's getting just about beat up enough to set free. :rolleyes:

Nope but I got a $2.60 bus ticket out of the ticket machine today and was greeting by 17 gold $1.00 coins! :D My pocket was down to my ankle as I staggered with my plunder to the bus. :laughing:

:ph34r::D I was using BART once when the guy in front of me purchased his ticket from the friendly machine... he started to grab his change (about 4 dollars - all nickles) when common cents [pun intended] hit him. He chucked the nickles back into the change dispenser, grabbed his ticket and stormed off. I looked at the pile of nickles and compared the long line of late commuters behind me and left my pile of change nickles as well! I'll bet you some homeless person thought we were nuts but who wants to walk around San Francisco all day long with 8 bucks of change?! Besides, I probably would have been arrested for opening parking meters. :rolleyes:B)

Oh, Carrying Geocoins. Some times. I carried my first Geocoin I found in a cache for a while. It brought a lot of joy and made a great story piece. If I get a coin that's special, I'll tote it around for a few days. When I go to Geocachings, I carry a Geocaching Volunteer Coin for everyone to log as a find. We have a Gathering coming up in two weekends too! :D

Always! Just in case we catch someone snooping about with a GPS in hand :) We haven't met any cachers in the field since getting our coin minted, but have had a few near misses so we keep one handy. If we meet another cacher, we'll give them the number to "Discover" it and their profile is added to the list on the coin so we'll have a list of cachers we've met along the way. It should go over pretty well at the next event cache :D And of course the cache/swag bag is always in the trunk of the car with a stack of coins. :)

Yes.

When i first started caching I was using a usa geocoin to track my mileage and such, i always had it in my pocket (went into the wash a few times as well) then i stopped carrying a coin for a while, when I had my personals made, i carried one of them for a while #31 since i am 31. after a few months i decided to add a tb tag and dropped it in a cache. i Now have a silver version of my coin on my keychain, so it travels with me all the time, its Number 9, Number 9, Number 9, Number 9... I have no idea why i decided on that number. might have something to do with the music i was listening to when i decided to make one into a keychain...

91383f01-f2a6-49c7-993d-2316787b5175.jpg

Edited by Nero

I have a Calgary Cachers 2006 Token and a Gold Geobone attached to my Backpack that I carry my stuff in when I cycle to work and back. I also tend to have a small Geo-cache swag bag that has a few coins with me as I carry my GPSr with me everywhere in case I see a little Treasure Chest icon.

Really, I enjoy caching, but am definately a "cacher of convenience" and cache as part of my regular journies. This is why my numbers are relatively low, but my distances between found caches is great.

I've carried a "Challenge Coin" in my pocket for some years. If you collect geocoins you might look for Challenge Coins too. Most manufacturers of geocoins probably make challenge coins too.

Just don't snap the wrong one down on the bar, if there are any veterans present ... unless you've got more cash in your hip pocket cache than most people. :)

I was thinking about converting my challenge coin into an avatar, but it is probably copyrighted, so I'll try something else.

No, I don't carry a geocoin around, and I never thought about it until you asked the question :ph34r: I don't think that I'll start doing it, unless we put out our own personal coin; I can see folks carrying around a copy of their own sig all the time.

For what it is worth, I keep our stash of geocoins-for-traveling in a canvas pouch (which is getting a little full at the moment, what with all the new coins that came in this week :ph34r:), and I tend to keep it handy for when I run errands and such, so that if I grab a P&G or something, I've got a selection of coins to drop in ;)

I was searching through old posts today to research a new coin idea, and I saw this thread.

I had to laugh, because I always have a Yime in my pocket! (Excuse me sir...is that a Yime in your pocket...?" :(

When I got it over a year ago, I dropped it in my pocket to take home and add to my binder. Well, I kept forgetting to take it out, and it just sort of stayed with me. It's one of my all-time favorites, so I liked having it around. Unfortunately, it has become a bit scratched up with time, so it is no longer a mint coin which is a shame. But, I get a lot more enjoyment out of seeing it all the time rather than closed up in my binder!

After seeing how scratched it got, I considered carrying my Kealia/Hulabum coin around too. But I couldn't figure out how I could manage to get Kealia scratched off, and leave HB in pristine condition! :blink:

I was searching through old posts today to research a new coin idea, and I saw this thread.

I had to laugh, because I always have a Yime in my pocket! (Excuse me sir...is that a Yime in your pocket...?" :(

When I got it over a year ago, I dropped it in my pocket to take home and add to my binder. Well, I kept forgetting to take it out, and it just sort of stayed with me. It's one of my all-time favorites, so I liked having it around. Unfortunately, it has become a bit scratched up with time, so it is no longer a mint coin which is a shame. But, I get a lot more enjoyment out of seeing it all the time rather than closed up in my binder!

After seeing how scratched it got, I considered carrying my Kealia/Hulabum coin around too. But I couldn't figure out how I could manage to get Kealia scratched off, and leave HB in pristine condition! :blink:

Nice one Dave. Since you've resurrected this beauty, YES, I always have at least one geocoin on me. At work meetings, traveling, wherever. I use on of my personals as a card cap for Texas Hold Em (which is tonight, wish me luck), and daily I keep whatever trader is on top in my pocket. Currently I have a MWGB Poker Chip in my pocket. Been there since MWGB. Showed it to the postlady today, since she asked, "what is actually IN all these mailers?"

I have one of my GeoTags on my key ring (figure there is always a chance to get keys back again if lost) so yea I always have a coin with me. I almost always have another coin with me as well to show others, usually non-cachers. It might be trackable or untrackable. Lackey, GSA, Binary, Rivercity, Rubicon Brothers, lately it is the POW/MIA, and several other coins have seen time in my pocket.

I work in the hotel industry and I was assisting in our restaurant earlier this week and was talking with a family standing in line. I asked why they were in town and the father replied that he was here on business to discuss GPS satalites and inquired if I understood ???? (Wierd question in general, I thought) ... I laughed and replied that I am a geocacher and asked if he knew what that was :(:blink: ... To make a long story short, the wife asked what swag I typically put in caches ... I chuckled as I pulled my newest coin (Cache Lei) out of my pocket. They were amazed that I actually had a geocoin in my pocket .... but it made for a fantastic conversation and a satisfied guest in the hotel :( !!!!

Am I alone in thinking that things were much better in here when Cornerstone wasn't posting for a while? :(

I also keep several at work. Seems that there is someone always in my cube (that's when I'm actually in the office and not on a business trip :( ) asking me about Geocaching. So, after we talk about Geocaching for a little while, I introduce them to my addiction of geocoins and show off a few of them -- besides how ever would I get through a day at the office without staring constantly at my shiny bits o metal :blink:

Wow...I am not the only one!!

I actually carry one of Marky's amazingly prepared motogrrl memorial geocoins on on my purse. It changes bags with me and for dressier times it goes just inside the bag, but otherwise it is always out and prominent. I am sure people have noticed it, but no one has yet to discover or log me...maybe someday.

I call it my arm candy :(

79664dea-defc-4fae-9314-4065a418eb03.jpg

I just had one of my sample coins fixed up with a tracking # & a hole so I can carry my keys on it. I hope to use it to show others who ask about geocaching & have it to take to events for others to discover. The sample coin is very special because it was accidently made 2x the size it was supposed to be! I did have it just sitting on my desk, but only I could enjoy it that way. Now I have a conversation piece I can use to start a conversation or to change the subject to caching or even to COINS!!!! :(a91bdebb-f816-4a46-a922-df78cb4c60f0.jpg

I have one of the first geocoins that I had made on my keychain. I had it made for my "geohoney's" 50th birthday/2000th cache find. I still like to look at it, and have it available for discovery. Once I get mine in hand I will add one of those as well. At that rate I will have more geocoins on my keyring than keys :surprise: .

Not so long ago I picked up a geocoin for one of my friends who has a nice collection. When he came over to visit I went to look for it. I found geocoins in my pocket, some in my top dresser drawer, 3 in my dufflebag, 2 in my purse and finally found the coin I had got for him along with a few others in my car................. So yes, I guess I do usually have a few geocoins with me!

We've been using a Pirate map coin at the pool to give our son something easier to spot than a quarter when diving to the bottom of the pool to fetch things. Some of the other kids in the pool like to wander around with it as well, but it has returned each time so far. :(

I'll tell ya, those coins make a serious *ping* noise when they hit the tile wall by mistake. :surprise:

I have a Happy Caching Ladybird Microcoin on my keyring. And I like to carry my favorite coin with me. I really like to have them with me so that I can have a look at them whenever I like, and many coins are sooo beautiful :( I don't have a lot in my collection so far (all of them are activated, so you can see them in my profile), but it's quite hard sometimes to chose which one to carry today :D Today very high up on my list are my Cache Counter coin, King of Geocaching and the Geocacher's Evolution coin.

In the evening, things are much easier, the First Austrian Geocow Coin glows in the dark, so this one is the one I carry :surprise:

Steinwälzer

First I had a forums coin in my pocket since we all were on there and it was fun to look at and read all the names...It turned up missing on my behalf :D .

For awhile I had a world traveler in my pocket as well...I would play with it, spin it flip it, look at it when I wanted to, it was just nice to have. I turned it into my Pocket traveler, with its mission to travel around in your pocket for a bit and take pics of your pocket contents. So far it is still traveling.

Currently I have a Dorkfish V1 on my keys that are with me all the time. It was a special one because she sent it to me out of the blue, from the kindness of her Dorky little heart and I have had it on there ever since. :surprise:

Sure wish I could find that darn Forums coin I lost..At least it was mine-Eh?

I also carried my Mystery Binary Coin around for 2 days, because I liked it so much...You know, the one that got exiled from the forums!!!! :(:D:D

Edited by 007BigD

I got some Cacher Tags a couple of weeks ago, and made one into a necklace. It's activated, so folks can discover me! My daughter has one on a necklace, too. And we gave one to a friends daughter, and it's now a necklace, too! I usually wear it most of the time, but I got some bug bites on my neck while out caching this weekend, so it's sitting on my dresser till I'm not itchy any more!

Well here is a old thread of mine :laughing: With all the new folks here thought this topic could be fun ! So do you carry a Geocoin when not caching ?

I was wondering if when you are out and about , work or play. But NOT caching , Do you carry a Geocoin in your pocket, In a Purse for the ladys on the forum, or physicaly attached to your body like you are a walking TB ? " Hi I'm Glenn Log Me <_< . "

This is just a curiosity question to through out, and have some fun with !!

I carry a -crake- Tracking Time coin in my pocket at all times. Why, maybe because it helps me keep on time since I don't like watches :anicute: , On a serious note I show to people I meet, tell them the concept of this hobby, about the coin its tracking ability and possibly have someone else enjoy this hobby. People are facinated with the design of this coin and listen to the concept, most walk away with a smile (so far) having enjoyed the coin and chat. Maybe a new cacher to be :anitongue:

All the folks at the local post office ask me so what type of coin are you mailing today and where to ? LOL, They are some nice folks and also enjoy seeing the destination of my postals.

Going to buy a few Generic USA coins and give them to the postal workers that get my coins out promptly, should be a fun visit there !! Oh yes and a special one for my mailman. : - ) he is quite a busy man coming to our home !!

I have given thought to another coin since I have more then one pocket now to chose what one : - )

I could not find a thread like this if it was done before sorry I could not find it so here goes.

Glenn

Edited by glennk721