Garmin Customer Service - a positive experience

erkrupa

Hi All -

just a quick note to tell everyone of a positive experience with Garmin. I recently purchased a 60Csx when my GPS III took a nose dive. The internal lithium battery wore out (I guess this was common among these units) so it was losing stored data upon every battery switch. I called Garmin to have this unit repaired so I could have a back up unit. Well the unit came back today with a new internal battery, upgraded software, and they completely replaced the 12V power cord which had a short in it - NO CHARGE. I am the original owner of the GPS III and it was almost 8 years old. I think this is wonderful customer service, almost unheard of in today's market.

I love my 60 Csx and will probably not use my GPS III all that much, but its nice to know I have a spare unit just in case.

Thanks Garmin!

And in contrast to this, when my Lowrance airmap100's lithium battery went bad after two years (it was a 10 yr battery), Lowracne told me to go stick it.

I'm a happy Garmin owner now.

Hi All -

just a quick note to tell everyone of a positive experience with Garmin. I recently purchased a 60Csx when my GPS III took a nose dive. The internal lithium battery wore out (I guess this was common among these units) so it was losing stored data upon every battery switch. I called Garmin to have this unit repaired so I could have a back up unit. Well the unit came back today with a new internal battery, upgraded software, and they completely replaced the 12V power cord which had a short in it - NO CHARGE. I am the original owner of the GPS III and it was almost 8 years old. I think this is wonderful customer service, almost unheard of in today's market.

I love my 60 Csx and will probably not use my GPS III all that much, but its nice to know I have a spare unit just in case.

Thanks Garmin!

I'll add my praise, too. I came home today to find a brand new eTrex Legend that Garmin sent to me. My previous unit was purchased 6 months ago from a popular online auction site. However, recently the navigation stick would only work intermittently. I called Garmin and told them of the problem. I told them I did not have an original purchase receipt. They said, No problem. I mailed it in on 8/8/06 and today, one week after I mailed it off, a brand new unit arrived at my doorstep. WOW! I'm hooked for life on Garmin; can't sing their praises enough! Great Customer Service.