September Geocoin and Pin Club Coin

oakcoins

What a day for this one to show up in the mailbox :(

This is our favorite coin of all so far!

Thanks oakcoins for an awesome design.

I echo what 501 said. I just got home from a 9/11 service and from stopping by a temporary memorial at a local funeral home. The funeral home placed an american flag per victim on their front lawn. I'll try to post a picture or two somewhere and add a link.

Thanks for an awesome coin.

The flag pictures are great. Thanks for sharing the tribute/

And so generous to share the pin/coin sets.

Got my coins yesterday and was very glad to activate them on the anniversary. Having lived through the day and escaping with a co-worker yesterday's anniversary was a tough day. The coins and friends made it better. Thanks for the awesome coins. In our home, we will never forget the tragedy, those lost and those still giving the ultimate sacrifice.

Seems one of the folks that was fortunate enough to get a LE version of this coin has already placed it on the "E" Place,, Shame on them, Considering they were meant to be for special people to be honoured for their duties :D:(

Odd too since I know who that is.

Anyway, nielsenc sent me one of the LE sets to eBay for his nephew Tanner, but when I saw that other one on eBay, I decided to wait another week. So if you want an LE set, watch for the Tanner Relief auction coming soon.

Seems one of the folks that was fortunate enough to get a LE version of this coin has already placed it on the "E" Place,, Shame on them, Considering they were meant to be for special people to be honoured for their duties :D:(

Anyway, nielsenc sent me one of the LE sets to eBay for his nephew Tanner, but when I saw that other one on eBay, I decided to wait another week. So if you want an LE set, watch for the Tanner Relief auction coming soon.

I will gladly wait until you put this set up, would you be so kind to drop me a line when you do. I would like my shot at it and I do not check that place often enough

I know whose copper coin set is not going on the E-Market!

AG, If you want a couple of coins to sell for Tanner, let me know and I will send you a pair of Antique Silver Geodetic Center Coins. Glen

Seems one of the folks that was fortunate enough to get a LE version of this coin has already placed it on the "E" Place,, Shame on them, Considering they were meant to be for special people to be honoured for their duties :lol::blink:

FYI the auction has been updated to clarify that this coin was not one of the free coins that were given away to honor those special people for thier duties

FALLEN HEREOS LE COIN AUCTION

Otherwise I would agree with the SHAME ON THEM for EBAY ing a free coin they were given in honor of thier service

Edited by SunshineGang

Seems one of the folks that was fortunate enough to get a LE version of this coin has already placed it on the "E" Place,, Shame on them, Considering they were meant to be for special people to be honoured for their duties :lol::blink:

FYI the auction has been updated to clarify that this coin was not one of the free coins that were given away to honor those special people for thier duties

Otherwise I would agree with the SHAME ON THEM for EBAY ing a free coin they were given in honor of thier service

Sunshine Gang is correct.

We made 30 LEs. We used them for different things. One of was given to the person who ordered the most coins that month, some were given to those who helped out with the design, some where sent out at random, as thank yous, for charity auctions, etc. We didnt sell any of the LEs.

I did want to reserve at least 10 for anyone who serve or served and those were sent out.

We wish we had more to send out.

nielsenc

Seems one of the folks that was fortunate enough to get a LE version of this coin has already placed it on the "E" Place,, Shame on them, Considering they were meant to be for special people to be honoured for their duties :blink::lol:

Sunshine Gang is correct.

We made 30 LEs. We used them for different things. One of was given to the person who ordered the most coins that month, some were given to those who helped out with the design, some where sent out at random, as thank yous, for charity auctions, etc. We didnt sell any of the LEs.

I did want to reserve at least 10 for anyone who serve or served and those were sent out.

We wish we had more to send out.

nielsenc

Thank you both for this additional information. I did not see the updated auction. also its comforting that this auction is valid and not profiting form geoswags generosity to the few that were given a coin for there dedication to public service, , Sincerely, Glenn

Seems one of the folks that was fortunate enough to get a LE version of this coin has already placed it on the "E" Place,, Shame on them, Considering they were meant to be for special people to be honoured for their duties :wub::wub:

AG please let us know when that charity aution is up. Will want to get a bid in on that :wub:

As a professional firefighter and recent graduate to geocoin collecting, I was a little dismayed to miss the opportunity to acquire some of the Fallen Heroes geocoins, particularly where this personal and professional loss also led me to list the 11 September 2001 Memorial virtual cache.

If any of the Geocoin and Pin Club administrators or members would be interested in selling one or more of these coins, please contact me.

As a professional firefighter and recent graduate to geocoin collecting, I was a little dismayed to miss the opportunity to acquire some of the Fallen Heroes geocoins, particularly where this personal and professional loss also led me to list the 11 September 2001 Memorial virtual cache.

If any of the Geocoin and Pin Club administrators or members would be interested in selling one or more of these coins, please contact me.

Wreck Diver thanks for putting out that cache. I really like the additional requirement to include the fire fighters names in the logs. Really makes it personal.

I have never been that far east but this cache is now on my "want to do someday" list

:D

Hey AtlantaGal,

Did you put out that relief auction yet? I hope I did not miss it. Please let us know

;)