Animal Geo Caches

Fliper

I guess i'll start,

My Sister and I were out geocaching, and i looked up in a tree where our GPS said it was where we were standing, And someone had put a spider in the tree, glued the cache with a log book inside and wire tied it up in a tree. It scared me at first, But i looked harder and noticed it was a plastic spider. It was funny. :anicute:

Ok, I now I have had a weird find. ... I was out caching yesterday in some hot weather and was just doing my last cache(my kids were done for the day) it was a quick one called Park and Grab an easy cache and as I was leaving and pulling out on the main road I noticed a package in the lane I was in so after avoiding it I whipped into the next parking lot ran out in the road and grabbed the box and it turned out to be a Lowrance Electronics box!!!! :) Wow, I'm thinking, the caching gods are with me today, lol. I am thinking I had hit the geocaching motherload and how this is maybe a cool GPS etc. but, after driving a ways and looking over too many times at the box I knew I couldn't just take it so I called Lowrance told them they had lost an overnight shipment and took it back.......... it was hard not to open it(really hard!) I didn't but is anyone else thinking this is a bit odd? Ok, this is weird I mean finding a box like this in the middle of the road? No, wonder mail doesn't arrive sometimes. Anyway, when I delivered it back to the office at Lowrance(which I never knew was right in Tulsa,OK at that location)and was telling them how crazy this was that I had been geoaching etc. when I found the box and blah blah blah for about 5min. all of the sudden the ladies look at me blankly and ask "What is this geocaching thing anyway" ........ What!!!!!!!!!!! Whoa, you don't know what geocaching is?????? :) Is this place making GPS's???? lol. Ok, the secretary is a bit older but the sales lady Donna she wasn't so old. So, after telling them all about it and giving them the website now they at least have a clue but I think they thought I was a real nut case,( maybe I am ) oh, I never did find out what was in the box....(that was a killer) but, I am uploading a pic of it so, you tell me. What do you think it was??? oh, and I did get a Sweet Lowrance jacket out of the deal with a cool cel phone pocket on the inside and it is the perfect size for putting my.................. GARMIN in!! rofl :)

Ok, I now I have had a weird find. ... I was out caching yesterday in some hot weather and was just doing my last cache(my kids were done for the day) it was a quick one called Park and Grab an easy cache and as I was leaving and pulling out on the main road I noticed a package in the lane I was in so after avoiding it I whipped into the next parking lot ran out in the road and grabbed the box and it turned out to be a Lowrance Electronics box!!!! :anitongue: Wow, I'm thinking, the caching gods are with me today, lol. I am thinking I had hit the geocaching motherload and how this is maybe a cool GPS etc. but, after driving a ways and looking over too many times at the box I knew I couldn't just take it so I called Lowrance told them they had lost an overnight shipment and took it back.......... it was hard not to open it(really hard!) I didn't but is anyone else thinking this is a bit odd? Ok, this is weird I mean finding a box like this in the middle of the road? No, wonder mail doesn't arrive sometimes. Anyway, when I delivered it back to the office at Lowrance(which I never knew was right in Tulsa,OK at that location)and was telling them how crazy this was that I had been geoaching etc. when I found the box and blah blah blah for about 5min. all of the sudden the ladies look at me blankly and ask "What is this geocaching thing anyway" ........ What!!!!!!!!!!! Whoa, you don't know what geocaching is?????? :tired: Is this place making GPS's???? lol. Ok, the secretary is a bit older but the sales lady Donna she wasn't so old. So, after telling them all about it and giving them the website now they at least have a clue but I think they thought I was a real nut case,( maybe I am ) oh, I never did find out what was in the box....(that was a killer) but, I am uploading a pic of it so, you tell me. What do you think it was??? oh, and I did get a Sweet Lowrance jacket out of the deal with a cool cel phone pocket on the inside and it is the perfect size for putting my.................. GARMIN in!! rofl :huh:

Wow, You did the right thing. I see how it was So hard to not open it. And besides, Wouldnt that be Breaking and entering :D just kidding.

Wow, You did the right thing. I see how it was So hard to not open it. And besides, Wouldnt that be Breaking and entering :anitongue: just kidding.

Plus, how would you explain it to your friends?

Friends: Cool, where did you get that cool GPS?

You: Well, it fell off a truck, and- WHAT? No, really, it did! :tired:

The first event that I attended in the Lexington area a few years ago had several event caches (shhh!), and the coords of one led you to the family's goat, General Lee, who had a cache hanging around his neck. You had to charm the goat long enough to get the cache off of his collar, sign it, then get it back on for the next finder. The cache was called "I ain't afraid of no goats".

I found a match container stuffed inside a rubber frog.

I was happy with the smiley but my stomach wasn't. The name of the cache was Ribit! and my cache partner and I had our appetites set for BBQ Ribs after a long day of caching.

Found a micro in a forest preserve that had a rubber spider attached to a bison tube, which was stuck in a knot hole in a tree branch. Scared the drap outta me, and I had to poke it with a stick a couple of times before I'd touch it....

--MGb

P.S. I'm still looking for an appropriate place to place my "Snakes on a Plain" cache. Rubber snakes glued to an ammo box...Just gotta find a Plain somewhere....