Mapsource Error

bkeller81

When using Garmin Mapsource to load a topo map onto my GPSmap 60 I recieve this error:

There is a problem with this GARMIN application.

Error Information:

At: 8/15/2006 9:06:29 PM (UTC)

Processor: Intel Processor Level: 15, RAM: 1047280 KB

MPL_FILEMEDIA.CPP-65-4.09

C:\DOCUME~1\BRYANM~1.KEL\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.266\Garmin Topo Disks\East\05623488.img

It only happens when I try to load a map. I have no problems with waypoints or routes. Any help would be appriciated. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

Edited by bkeller81

When using Garmin Mapsource to load a topo map onto my GPSmap 60 I recieve this error:

There is a problem with this GARMIN application.

Error Information:

At: 8/15/2006 9:06:29 PM (UTC)

Processor: Intel Processor Level: 15, RAM: 1047280 KB

MPL_FILEMEDIA.CPP-65-4.09

C:\DOCUME~1\BRYANM~1.KEL\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.266\Garmin Topo Disks\East\05623488.img

It only happens when I try to load a map. I have no problems with waypoints or routes. Any help would be appriciated. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

You may want to go into the registry and delete the HKLM/Garmin and HCKU/Garmin subtree then reinstall from scratch. And before you do, extract the disks from the rar file properly.

try the patch on garmin's website first

Yes, this is very likely the fix. I have had a similar crash problem with TOPO East, but since I haven't had much occasion to use TOPO East I didn't bother to fix it (saw the update on the website, but never made the connection with my problem and didn't want to bother with it). Thanks to this thread I decided to do the update; no more crashes!