Little Red-Handed Coin

Lemon Fresh Dog

I'm back!

Hello all -- and sorry for not being here as often as I would like - when it rains it pours and I have gotten contracts for work solidly to the middle of December! - so I am busy, busy, busy. Plus it looks as if I might be writting another book (I write textbooks) - so this leaves little or no time for the little red-handed project (which is a hobby).

To this end, I am suspending this project for the foreseeable future. Once I am able to, I will get it rolling again. Of course, the coins will be at COST - not a penny more. And they will be "open order" - which means I will create a window of opportunity for everyone that wants some to order and then mint to the numbers ordered.

IF someone really wants, I would be happy to give over the design etc. and you can take over the project (as long as it is a community project and not a for-profit one). Of course, then you could change the part about "Lemon Fresh Dog's ...." to "Little Red-Handed... " or something.

Don't worry - when I pick this back up again I will give everyone a fair and significant chance to order what they need.

This one is almost ready! Here are some details:

• Sold in 10 packs only.
  • Each 10 pack will have 9 Black Nickel and 1 LE Gold
  • The Black Nickel and the Gold will EACH have their own icon.
  • Price should come out to be less than $4 per geocoin.
  • Diameter is 1", thickness is 2mm
  • The 10 packs will be sold on the geoswag.com website.
  • available after Easter

Here are some pictures:

LE Gold icons: redhanded_gold32.gifredhanded_gold16.gif

rhgoldfront.jpgrhgoldback.jpg

Black Nickel icons: redhanded_black32.gifredhanded_black16.gif

rhbnfront.jpgrhbnback.jpg

I'll post here to announce when they will go on sale. :laughing:

--Marky

I've had the good fortune to come across a few of the originals...it would be very cool to get a couple of handfuls of these Lefthanded Redhanded Coins. :lol:

Since there are fewer left handed people, I thought the LE icon should be the left handed handprint. :lol:

What if I do not want 10 geocoins? I think 10 packs, 5 packs and any other large pack of coins is a waste of money. Yes, it is 4 dollars a coin, but the pack is $40 which is a lot. What would I do with 10 coins. If alomst all coin traders buy a pack, there are not enough people to trade with. I am in High School and working with a budget and want one of each.

What if I do not want 10 geocoins? I think 10 packs, 5 packs and any other large pack of coins is a waste of money. Yes, it is 4 dollars a coin, but the pack is $40 which is a lot. What would I do with 10 coins. If alomst all coin traders buy a pack, there are not enough people to trade with. I am in High School and working with a budget and want one of each.

I will give you one of mine :lol:

ANother high schooler who cant afford the price of coins!!!! ive had to pass up on several that i really wish i had, but all in all, its an awesome lesson in self control!!!

i would suggest either trading for one, or buying the pack of 10 and trading out the extra 8.

The Red Handed coin project is all about getting coins traveling in caches. The best way to make this happen is to offer them for an inexpensive price and only in bulk packs. Geocoins with "trackable at geocaching.com" are meant to travel, right? :blink: I'm sure anyone who is only interested in one will be able to trade for one, as there will be many of these guys floating around.

As far as getting one of each, your best bet is to contact some trader who bought more than one 10 pack.

--Marky

P.S. I am buying six 10 packs, so will have some extra LEs.

These will be at cost. So whether someone needs 1 or 100, I will have to charge the same per coin cost (shipping would vary though :blink: )

Once I know the cost, I'll get a timeline for how long they would take. Then, I'll open up ordering and let everyone get as many as they want, round-up to the nearest 100 and order them in. (I'll pay the difference and keep whatever the "rounding number" end's up at. Last time I ordered 600 coins and 472 were sold -- so I have 128 of my own! I ended-up selling 30-40 in little chunks and, as most local cachers know, you couldn't visit a local cache without finding these for awhile!) haha!

edit -- when I say I had 128 of my own -- be aware that I paid the same for each coin as everyone else. This is NOT a profit or "free coin" project. Cost to make is cost to buy.

Just grabbed as ten pack. Thanks for the update on availability :o

Edited by Frozen Buns