Little Red-Handed Coin

Lemon Fresh Dog

LFD don't know how much extra it would cost but it might be neat to make the micro just the red hand and have the writing/tracking number on the back. Just a thought...

bbf

That's a really good idea. I can't re-use the dies as the size has changed, so I can make changes like this -- I want them to look like their "big brother" and this would meet that criteria.

Left-handed would likely incur another die fee -- so I don't know. My goal is nice, nice, nice and cheap, cheap, cheap.

If you do the hand cutout design, you could always make one side the right hand and the other side the left hand. And no additional die fee to make a left handed version. :D

Well.....I have no idea why I am doing this, but I think I am going to see if there is some interest in .....

The Little Red-Handed Coin.

It will be exactly like the first Red-Handed Coin we did back last fall, but will be teeny, tiny to fit into Micros (which are not my favourite caches, but hey....there are a lot of them). I am thinking about the size of a penny.

Let's assume that they would be a MAX of $4 to $5 each. Any interest? (I'll also make sure the numbers are nice and easy to read like on the Red-Handed coin - so the design may change slightly to accomondate)

I'm definitely interested! Especially with easy to read numbers!! Love your coin! I'd take 3-5.

Okay folks! Here's the quote!

Specs: 19mm (2mm thick), polished finish, 2 soft enamel colors

$435.00 for 500 coins

$330.00 for laser etch colored 6 characters

$76.00 for 2-D round die both sides

$750.00 for tracking numbers

$150.00 for custom icon

$95.00 for shipping

$1836.00 for 500 coins ($3.67 per coin)

Price for 1000 coins: $3280.00 ($3.28 per coin)

That's a pretty cool price for a trackable item if I say so myself! In fact, it is irronically less expensive than buying a Travel Bug tag! I should have had these made and jusst glued them to the "Feeps" I released! :D

That stated, I have asked for the following:

1) Cost to make half "right" handed and half "Left" handed

2) Cost to attach activation code stickers to the coins

3) Cost to handle orders from US cachers (which would save postage considerably to US destinations where I expect the bulk of orders to originate)

Even so -- it looks like this will be a very well priced coin for those seeking an inexpensive trackable iconed coin!

Specs: 19mm

Wow, that's tiny! Will it be legible?

haha! Same question I also asked. If not, we'll just cut the text and have the red-hand on one side and the Tracking number on the other. I've never seem a Micro coin other than the California one, but I really trust the company quoting me on this (Coins and Pins).

In fact -- I have used both Coins and Pins (Geobone, Red-Handed) and Oakcoins (secret) and both have really been very customer friendly and done great work. We are lucky at the level to which they have embrased and understand our hobby.

With the last Red-Handed coin, I had to "assemble" all the parts. Buy the tracking from Groundspeak, coins from Coins and Pins, and Oakcoins offered to handle and activation codes (how's THAT for cool!). Now, we can one-stop shopping. I like these companies so much I have to have twice as many coin projects so that I can spread the work between them! :D

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Only thing you *might* want to think about is to make them 2.5mm thick. It will add a little more weight to them and make the final product nicer.

And you can get the text on them, just make it raised metal rather than inking it like on the last coin.

Go for the 1000 and sell them in 10 packs. You won't have any trouble selling them if they're priced reasonable like the CA micros were.

Go for the 1000 and sell them in 10 packs. You won't have any trouble selling them if they're priced reasonable like the CA micros were.

We had no problem selling 1500 of the Calif Micro poppies, and selling them in 10 packs does two things: 1) less packages to mail. 2) People will be more likely to put them out as travellers if they have 10. :)

--Marky

Looks like you can pretty-much be guaranteed of selling out a kilo of them, and if you offer both "sides", you might get some folks (us, for example,) who'll buy some of each. In fact, I'd probably give my parents (one lefty, one righty) one each as Christmas presents :) They're getting up there in years, but they both still go out for a cache now and then :) At the prices you're thinking of, they'll probably fly off the shelf. BTW: don't be afraid to round up the price by a few pennies, to even if off. No one will complain if you pocket a few cents a coin :)

Looks like you can pretty-much be guaranteed of selling out a kilo of them, and if you offer both "sides", you might get some folks (us, for example,) who'll buy some of each. In fact, I'd probably give my parents (one lefty, one righty) one each as Christmas presents :) They're getting up there in years, but they both still go out for a cache now and then :) At the prices you're thinking of, they'll probably fly off the shelf. BTW: don't be afraid to round up the price by a few pennies, to even if off. No one will complain if you pocket a few cents a coin :)

NO WAY! You can't make any profit on us addicted geocoin fanatics!!

I won't stand for it!! :)

Make lefty & righty versions and I'm in for $30 worth!! :huh::):P

D-man :huh:

At that price count me in for 10 :anitongue:

It appears the 10 pack is going to be a popular option, 5 left and 5 right sounds great. I don't think the price between a pack of ten or buying ten individual coins would be an issue, just more convienent.

We are looking forward to these coins going on sale, can't wait but guess we will have to wait a little longer

Edited by Team chelmo
:ph34r: Darn it, don't you people know I'm trying to cut back and then along comes a very affordable coin that I really do like. I'm in for 6 (3 righties and 3 lefties), maybe the enthusiasm for this coin will encourage others to produce coins for a reasonable price. I getting very tired of coins coming out where one has to pay $12 - $16 after shipping for a single coin. Way to go!