Little Red-Handed Coin

Lemon Fresh Dog

Well.....I have no idea why I am doing this, but I think I am going to see if there is some interest in .....

The Little Red-Handed Coin.

It will be exactly like the first Red-Handed Coin we did back last fall, but will be teeny, tiny to fit into Micros (which are not my favourite caches, but hey....there are a lot of them). I am thinking about the size of a penny.

It would be AT COST. Which means that I would take the number made, divide into the cost to make them, and that would be the price. In fact, it may be the cheapest trackable geocoin ever! (I have no idea what the minting cost would be at this point, but it would be $1.50 for the tracking number and then the coin cost + postage).

Let's assume that they would be a MAX of $4 to $5 each. Any interest? (I'll also make sure the numbers are nice and easy to read like on the Red-Handed coin - so the design may change slightly to accomondate)

Well.....I have no idea why I am doing this, but I think I am going to see if there is some interest in .....

The Little Red-Handed Coin... It would be AT COST...

Let's assume that they would be a MAX of $4 to $5 each. Any interest? ...

Micro coins are popular. At that price, I bet you'll have a lot more interest than you can handle! :anicute::unsure:

Do you have a design handy? I don't know the original...

I think that sounds like a good idea :anicute:

My only comment is that a penny is small!... Might it be better as a slightly larger size, like quarter(ish)?? But either way I'd want a couple.

Caught Red Handed Back

9e453814-2096-4eb5-9f74-cf9ff72bd135.jpg

Caught Red Handed Front

53393f19-302c-4472-9707-b9dc7ef03c1c.jpg

Edited by welch

Okay - I have asked for a quote:

1) small -- penny or nickel sized

2) trackable

3) custom icon (little red-hand, of course)

4) simple, simple, simple.... same antiqued gold colour

As soon as I get the quote back I will post the cost here and then let everyone know the final price. I am not sure how much difference the size makes (KEEP IT CLEAN :anicute: ), but I would expect this to the the least expensive trackable, icon-ed coin in Geocaching history!

Here is the front and back of the original coin

RedHanded.jpg

RedHandedB.jpg

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Okay - I have asked for a quote... As soon as I get the quote back I will post the cost here and then let everyone know the final price...

Realizing that the price might already be pretty low, enough that it would preclude this idea, it still might be worth looking at packaging these in five- and ten-packs, at a small discount, just as the MicroMicros and some other micro coins are. Either way, we're good for five, and maybe ten. Highly-cammoed micros are amazingly popular out here in the Conejo Valley. At least, it is a popular hobby to get together and trade stories about how many of them we can't find! :anicute::unsure::ph34r::unsure::unsure::ph34r:

These will be at cost. So whether someone needs 1 or 100, I will have to charge the same per coin cost (shipping would vary though :anicute: )

Once I know the cost, I'll get a timeline for how long they would take. Then, I'll open up ordering and let everyone get as many as they want, round-up to the nearest 100 and order them in. (I'll pay the difference and keep whatever the "rounding number" end's up at. Last time I ordered 600 coins and 472 were sold -- so I have 128 of my own! I ended-up selling 30-40 in little chunks and, as most local cachers know, you couldn't visit a local cache without finding these for awhile!) haha!

edit -- when I say I had 128 of my own -- be aware that I paid the same for each coin as everyone else. This is NOT a profit or "free coin" project. Cost to make is cost to buy.

I'd be interested some. Of course I always thought you should do the companion left handed coin too :anicute:

Okay. I will then. -- this winter? I was going to do 100-200 of the "left-handed, red-handed coins" and just "sneak" them into the coin-o-sphere to see if anyone would notice.

In fact, maybe I have?

Have you checked your Red-Handed coins lately?

I could also be joking.....

ahhh.... the suspense, the mystery.

Ah, but see, if you make 250, you can get the icon. That was somthing you couldn't get back when the originals came out :anicute:

hmmmmm......*maybe* - have you checked your icons lately?

Of course... http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=230270 This one needs to get moving tho!

I was just joking around -- I'm trying to create a "mystery" about the mysterious left-handed red-handed coin :unsure:

I imagined you searching through all your coins trying to find the elusive left-handed one! :ph34r: In fact, I bet you don't have to go to the gym anymore! -- just carry your coins from event to event for a full-body workout!

LFD don't know how much extra it would cost but it might be neat to make the micro just the red hand and have the writing/tracking number on the back. Just a thought...

bbf

That's a really good idea. I can't re-use the dies as the size has changed, so I can make changes like this -- I want them to look like their "big brother" and this would meet that criteria.

Left-handed would likely incur another die fee -- so I don't know. My goal is nice, nice, nice and cheap, cheap, cheap.

I actually prefer quarter size (1") micro coins. The detail always seems lost on the smaller ones (or maybe it's my bad eyes?) Are you going smaller for cost, or just to be able to fit in smaller caches? We'll take some, regardless of size. We love seeing coins travelling.

--Marky

I actually prefer quarter size (1") micro coins. The detail always seems lost on the smaller ones (or maybe it's my bad eyes?) Are you going smaller for cost, or just to be able to fit in smaller caches? We'll take some, regardless of size. We love seeing coins travelling.

--Marky

1" fit in keyholders and film can micros.