Cache's That have never been found

James Lobb

i was wondering if there are caches that have never been found, also what is the most extreme thing you did to get to a Cache.

All seven caches in the South Pacific island kingdom of Tonga are unfound since 2003. Well, that's not entirely correct; one has remained unfound since '01.

Anybody got a boat I can borrow?

Edited by Mule Ears

We had a cache called 'Eight Feet Under' that was a waterproof Pelican box attached to a cinder block and dropped into about 8 ft of water in a bay adjacent to the intra-coastal waterway. Finding it simply required a boat to get to the site, a diving mask, and some relatively easy searching underwater. No one found it and then after a few weeks it went missing -- probably not heavily enough anchored. Who knows, it may be on the bottom of the Atlantic ocean, waiting to be found. If you find it I will let you claim FTF even though it is archived. :anicute:

Alberta, Canada's entry>

Mount Temple . Hidden: 8/12/2001

The elevation and questionable coords could be the problem. After five years the owners should be doing a maintenance check. :anicute::ph34r:

Another one: Kiska

And this one: Ram Glacier Cache

Or this one that has been checked on by the owner as recently as july28th. There is a log entry but as yet has not been logged on line so it's anyones guess if it was actually a geocacher that signed it.The Gap

Anyone up for an Alberta Vacation? :unsure:

There has been one close to me that I have been watching, it had never been found yet and I wa determined to be FTF. I succeeded. It required a canoe or kayak to get to it, but I couldn't get clsoe enough in my canoe due to lots of trees down and no passage. (Thanks Katrina). So, I decided to try it from land. It was a definite bushwacking experience, climbing over, under, and around fallen trees to reach the creek. At the point I got to the creek the cache was still .23 m away UPSTREAM. I had to swim most of the way upstream to get to the sand bar where it is located. I couldn't simply walk along the edge of the creek because there really wasn't an edge. It is mainly lined with soap stone and it wears away. There is a steep drop into deep water along the edges of this creek, so walking in the shallow water woudn't do either. There were places where I could stand and walk, but I did have to swim a lot as well. Plus, thanks to hurricane katrina, there was a lot of trees and things under the water that I couldn't see, but I sure felt them when I bumped into them. I got to the cache, it was there but it had been opened and the contents scattered around so I was unable to sign. I signed the online log though. Then I went back downstream. You would think it would be easier than going upstream and in a way it was, but when you are trying to float downstream and the current is fast you get ripped on those logs and branches underwater. Not fun. Got cuts and bruises to show for it. Got back to the place where I had entered the creek because I had left my shoes and stuff there, then hiked back to my vehicle. I am proud to have accomplished this. It was by far my toughest physical challenge.

i was wondering if there are caches that have never been found, also what is the most extreme thing you did to get to a Cache.

All seven caches in the South Pacific island kingdom of Tonga are unfound since 2003. Well, that's not entirely correct; one has remained unfound since '01.

Anybody got a boat I can borrow?

I've been to Tonga....finding the 7 caches would be the only high point of that trip.