Suggestion: log via SMS

eagleapex

I have a suggestion for Geocaching.com logs.

I would like to be able to send a log right to geocaching.com from my phone with a text message. Such a message would be:

To: GCXXXX@found.geocaching.com [or GCXXXX@dnf.geocaching.com]

Body: found it off in the bush, yada. signed log yada. took some cool stuff yada. took a picture

Attached image: (fun.jpg) [goes to gallery]

My phone's SMS address, 215#######@vtext.com for Verizon, would be linked with my geocaching name.

Garbagescout, and Blogger both have this feature. I'm not a coder, but I would love to work on this if I could.

I hope this suggestion gets the right ears.

-Chris, eagleapex.com

On the technology side: I could see this as being handy for those that don't have WAP on thier phones to use that interface.

On the cache-owner front: I think it was cause people to write shorter, less personal logs so I'm not sure I'd like it.

I think it would be even more useful if new caches could be sent to your phone via sms. That way, if you are already out doing something and have your gps you can get that FTF without having to get to your computer first.

This can already be done. Sign up for the notifications (for Premium Members) and use the email address of your phone.