leaving geocoins in caches

nfa

I left 16 geocoins in caches this weekend...8 of my personal {NFA} geocoin, and 8 of my TFTC! geocoins...

I was wondering how many other members of this forum are actually circulating the coins they have made or purchased through geocaches...

Jamie - NFA

I do, but pretty much just our mini/micro coin at this time. We left 3 or 4 yesterday.

I only have about 10 of my 2006 coins left. I put about 60 of those out in caches earlier this year though.

I'm assuming you mean coins as cache swag and not travellers.

Edited by AtlantaGal

As of yesterday, I have put out 77 Civil War coins, unactivated, I think I have 57 of other types coins, activated as travelers that I have released, I have 300 of the 500 activated ready to be adopted Civil War coins to release into various Civil War related caches.

I have only verified that one coin is actually missing, the rest are moving pretty good last time I checked.

I think I have about 10 of each of the Meades Ranch Coins out now. That does not count the 25 or so that I have sent out unactivated as bonus in coin purchases. I also have about 10 unactivated Meades coins dropped in caches. I think I donated six to the IDTimberwolf Fund and six to the sixth annual KC picnic. Glen

I love to leave Keeper coins in caches! It makes me feel so good to see when someone picks them up and didn't even know it was there. I keep track in my profile of where and when I drop coins. If it were up to me I'd drop them all the time, hubby says to take it easy! Hopefully in the future I will have my own "Brae" coin made and it will be dropped whenever and wherever I want!

All my geocoins were purchased. To date, I have dropped about 80 activated geocoins in caches most of which are moving nicely. Some take a while to move (months), and a few have gone missing - mostly from muggled caches. I think only one was stolen outright from an active cache. One that I thought was missing just popped back into circulation.

I've found around 20 geocoins in the wild that I've helped to move along.

We do too... we've left about 20 activated coins and given away/left 20 unactivated coins as well. We started that practice in May (leaving coins every time we go caching) - and it's been a TON of fun for us! And, the enjoyment we've received from tracking our coins - along with the wonderful notes and emails we've received from those who've found our unactivated's - it's been just great!!

It seems to be a growing trend (more coins in caches again)... And we just love it!! :D

<_<:D:unsure::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Here is my tally for coins released into the wild. "Travelers" coins are drilled and tagged like a TB.

Traveler geocoins out and about: 86 (plus about another 20 I dropped for AZ Casey in OR/CA)

Unactivated coins dropped: ~12

Personal geocoins dropped: ~350-400 (combined both versions)

I've got at least another hundred travelers to setup for release into the wild.

Always have, always will.

I am getting a little more selective on the caches I place non-traveller coins into. I used to just leave coins and take nothing. Now, I will trade fair -- so if the cache has an item that is of the same quality/value as a coin, I will trade an unactivated coin for it (which I then will likely just place in the next cache). I definately plan to stop noting it in my logs though.

Travellers go into almost every cache.

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Always have, always will.

I am getting a little more selective on the caches I place non-traveller coins into. I used to just leave coins and take nothing. Now, I will trade fair -- so if the cache has an item that is of the same quality/value as a coin, I will trade an unactivated coin for it (which I then will likely just place in the next cache). I definately plan to stop noting it in my logs though.

Travellers go into almost every cache.

That's us, as well <_< We've got a couple of hundred geocoins out there, in circulation in caches. We don't place coins into urbans in high-traffic areas, or in other caches that just don't look likely to survive, but just about any cache in the wild is good for a geocoin. And we try to match a coin to the theme of the cache, if it has one. One great thing about having as many coins as we do is that, if we come to a cache with a traveler in it, it is very easy to trade one of our coins for it As for putting unactivated coins into a cache, we don't do it often, but we never note it in the log. we just put a little note with the coin, telling the finder how to activate it.

We have started dropping our personal coins in caches, some of ours as ftf prizes, some as what a cool cache, others just because. We love hearing back from other cachers that have found our CAC and personal coins. We have some activated that we will put out in caches soon as well... but are nervous about it here.. since so many seem to go missing lately in caches...

I've purchased all the coins I have. Being new to this, I don't have anything to trade. Being totally not artistic I don't know that I'll ever get to develop my own coin, although I would love to! If I had my own coin, I think I'd like to release some unactivated. If I ever put out my own cache, I'm going to put an unactivated coin in it as FTF prize. Of the ones I already have, I keep one & release one activated with a tag attached. I have released about 80 so far, with lots of help from other people! I don't get to go caching much & I want to get them out there so I have been mailing some to others here on the forums who have offered to help me get these released! I still have an awful lot yet to get out & ..... these people keep coming out with new coins that I just have to buy! What's a person to do.......... <_<

I love coins going into caches and following their travels. I have about 70 activated coins traveling right now, and hope to have a total of 120 out by the end of this month. About 2 coins have come up missing so far that I know of. I only have about 6 coins in my coin collection (excluding the icon test coins) since I collect only the icons; so once I activate it, I put it in my bag to have ready for the next caching day.

Keep them moving!