A Fine Obsession: Geocaching in Indiana

Rupert2

I was fortuante enough to be given one of these at the BAGO event yesterday. We arrived home a little later than expected, but felt the need to pop it in the DVD player anyways. We already knew that she was an AWESOME photographer, but were stunned at the quality, sheer volume and variety of picutres.

If you have not seen this DVD make sure you get one at some point. I give it a big thumbs up! :P

I got one too. I had a smile on my face the whole time watching it. I will bring it to the Fall Picnic at Brown County SP. and play it on my laptop.

I have a thought about doing one of these as a year in the life of Indiana Geocaching. So all you cachers out there, get your cameras out and start taking pictures. The year started last Saturday and will go until the first of August 2007. This will give me time to put it together and show at the 2007 Fall Picnic. More details to follow at the picnic.

Oh, my! >BLUSH< Ya'll are too kind! Thanks much for your kind words. It's reward enough to hear so many have enjoyed my work.

As to those of you seeking a copy: email me with your snail mail address and I will send one out to you. I will also have a stack of them with me at the spring picnic, so catch me early in the day, or take your chances on the prize table's luck of the draw.

The DVD movie is a slideshow of my photos over 3 years of caching Indiana set to a fun soundtrack of caching related songs, and it runs about an hour. Since I took the music from my CD collection, I feel I can't sell these discs for fear of geting sued for the music royalties. But I will keep giving them away for as long as I can feasibly afford to do so. Since production is about .75 ea, and postage is under $1, I'm good for a time!

Grins, -2q

I got one too. I had a smile on my face the whole time watching it. I will bring it to the Fall Picnic at Brown County SP. and play it on my laptop.

Shydog, that's a great idea. Especially since I lack the needed laptop myself. Seems odd though, for a group of outdoor enthusasts to spend an event day watching TV in the woods! :huh: But I'll take it!

Oh, my! >BLUSH< Ya'll are too kind! Thanks much for your kind words. It's reward enough to hear so many have enjoyed my work.

As to those of you seeking a copy: email me with your snail mail address and I will send one out to you. I will also have a stack of them with me at the spring picnic, so catch me early in the day, or take your chances on the prize table's luck of the draw.

The DVD movie is a slideshow of my photos over 3 years of caching Indiana set to a fun soundtrack of caching related songs, and it runs about an hour. Since I took the music from my CD collection, I feel I can't sell these discs for fear of geting sued for the music royalties. But I will keep giving them away for as long as I can feasibly afford to do so. Since production is about .75 ea, and postage is under $1, I'm good for a time!

Grins, -2q

Email has been sent, I will like a kid waiting on a new toy. Thanks :huh::huh:

I, too, have a copy of the DVD and sat in awe of the photography. Don't let her fool you. She tends to say it's not her skill with the camera, but the software she uses to make a great picture. I've seen her in action with the camera and I can tell you, it's her SKILL not the software!

Thanks, JMBIndy.

But I must say, if you are looking for a free, easy, fun and versatile photo editor, try this one:

Picasa.com

I've used several photo editors, including the clumsy Photoshop, and Picasa is my favorite, and the only one I use anymore. Repairs lots of problems and forgives lots of sins. And lets you play with effects that you would normally need a fancy filter and expensive camera to achieve.

So, yeah, I gotta give credit where it's due: I run most all of my photos through Picasa before posting them, so they are better than I really am. Gott love technology!

We watched the DVD yesterday as well. It was FANTASTIC. Great Job! Loved seeing some friends we haven't met in person yet. I can't wait to show my family. Fred loved the snow pictures and told me See what we miss not caching in the winter haha. I said Yeah I'm cold just watching haha. We even worked on making a DVD of our own pictures. Thank you for the kick in hubby's bum to do that.

OK T, you have taken way TOOOOO much credit for MY picture and the likeness of Team J&K. I don't remember signing a release form for you to send out any of these copyrighted items. My lawyer (Evil Kneevel) will be in touch with you as soon as he gets out of the hospital and completes my roofing job. We are in Lewiston, Idaho at this time, so you cannot reach me with you hiking stick, Ha Ha Ha.

The DVD is really a professional job. I am honored to have one.

Great job T, I am glad others feel the same way.

Jerry of Team J&K

:rolleyes::ph34r::D:laughing:

OK - this is K of Team J&K. Now that Jerry is hassling Teresa, she will probably make us give our copy back. I am so glad to see this getting the credit it deserves. We enjoyed ours so much. We have cached with Teresa and so been with her when she has shot some of these pics. She cannot pass up a mushroom and has such a good eye for seeing what we would otherwise have never noticed. Yet, when she goes to shoot a pic, she is so quick about it. She knows just what she wants and knows how to make her camera give it to her. Yes, her photo editor might be great but it has to have a quality picture to begin with and Teresa gives it quality. Thanks, Teresa, for giving us all the pleasure of the DVD. And while we are at it, her book was very good...Jerry didn't get dinner the day I was reading it because I couldn't put it down until I was finished. Oh boy - you will get a big head!!

... Oh boy - you will get a big head!!

Way ahead of you, Karen. I feel the love!

Jerry's right though: some of the pics of me were self-portraits with the auto timer, but most of them were by whoever I was caching with that day, when I'd shove my camera into their hands and smile. Thanks to Jerry, and all others who honored me with a pic that was used in this compilation. You'll each get a 1% kickback of the proceeds. :laughing:

J, Tell Evel I want my shin guards back. Some people can't be trusted with borrowed things!

Edited by 2qwerqE

I guess I need to get one of those DVD's ---I keep going back to the Rose Island caches to see if you ever posted the shots you took of the cute little ridgeline we were about to climb.

I want to show it to my students.

I alsready showed them the photos of the canoe and the creek where I showed off my swimming skills, and the bunkers where we ate lunch, and the field of snow we walked through etc.

...but I want them to see the snow covered hill I climbed after lunch.

I guess I need to get one of those DVD's ---I keep going back to the Rose Island caches to see if you ever posted the shots you took of the cute little ridgeline we were about to climb. ...

Mistaken identity, Team Neos. Don't know who was shooting your ridge, but it wasn't me. I didn't make it to the Rose Island trail mix. I tried, but got nervous about the worsening snow storm as I drove south, and I gave it up in Columbus and headed back home. At the rate traffic was moving southbound, I never would've made it on time anyway.

But email me if you'd like a copy, or tag me at the Fall Picnic in a few weeks.

Grins, 2q

Just as long as there weren't any of those "special" pictures of me in there ... and if they are I want a cut of the profits.

well, Torry, since nothing and nothing are zip, you can have any part of that you like!

Yes, there's at least 1 or 2 pics of you, but trust me, you are fully clothed, your nose is not anywhere embarrassing and your hand is not in your pants. Believe me, I deleted those pics after I posted them on piggiefetishes.com. They were burning a hole in my disc drive, and utterly destroyed my old camera (which I could no longer bring myself to touch, so I sold it to Team J&K.)

But thanks for asking! Torry, Did you get a copy? do you want one?

We have just finished watching "A Fine Obsession" and felt we

had to voice our thanks. It has truly touched us. The chill

bumps are just now leaving. Early on when we began geocaching it

was simply about finding what you were looking for. Then you go

through the period where you're obsessed with the numbers. Even

though we have visited many wonderful places and seen many

beautiful things that geocaching took us to, you have been able to

capture them. It's not about the neat cache containers, who has

the coolest new gadgets, or certainly not the number of finds you

post. It's about the journey, the places we visit along the

way, and the wonderful people who share it with you. Thank you for

enlightening us.

Alan and Debbie

D_Able_Cachers

Edited by D_Able_Cachers

So how do I get a hold of one of these fine DVD's I keep hearing about? I'm even told that I make a brief appearence in it!

At a minimum I will bring mine to PCC next weekend. Will see if I cannot find one for you to keep in the meantime.

Thanks, Rupert, But I've already put one in the mail to Lord Elwood.