discussion space for every management group?

About the only thing you could do at this time is send the group an email.

I have thought about offering space on one of my personal boards for our internal discussions. The bad thing was that for the one group I tried it with, there was no real response. We are back to email.

Ironically, you are talking about my group! Feel free to send an email to the group if you would like. I promoted you to an officer the other day when you joined. If a discussion forum is an option you like, it is there and available right now.

http://mtn-man.org/forums

Great idea. At this time I would email from the profile page, to your members. That is a great incentive/gift. I did the same with my Art O MAt Category, a month or two ago ;any officer who wanted a piece of Art from a machine I sent them one. The response was also great.

I think there is a need for a discussion group for categories for two reasons. One is the obvious one of allowing group managers to discuss issues in their categories. Two of the groups I'm involved in are looking at the requirments and the email process is difficult one to work on that collectively.

The other is to allow for an appeal process in Waymarking for a declined waymark. Unfortunately, there are group leaders who are not following there own rules. That was to be expected. But there needs to be a way of addressing that and holding them as accountable for following the category's requirments as are the people who submit waymarks.

JD

We actually have software ready to go that allows for category sections. We'll be timing it around the new Waymarking.com site upgrade.

Not only will each category have its own section, you'll be able to create topics that directly relate to waymarks in those categories. That way you can link directly from a waymark and see if there are any topics related to it.

Additionally, you will actually be able to search for topics by origin so you can quickly see the topics that were started in your own area.

It's very exciting stuff. I can't wait to bring it online.

Can some discussions be kept private within the Officers? As in will some Forums be "Officer Only"?

It would not be good for people outside the Officers to see discussion pertaining to specific Waymarks especially those that are declined.

The Officers should always be seen as consistent and in agreement. We all know that behind closed doors, political parties, board of directors, Groundspeak staff, and other groups debate and discuss things until a decision is reached.

The general public shouldn't be able to see this, let alone have a printed copy of it.

:laughing: The Blue Quasar

Can some discussions be kept private within the Officers? As in will some Forums be "Officer Only"?

It would not be good for people outside the Officers to see discussion pertaining to specific Waymarks especially those that are declined.

The Officers should always be seen as consistent and in agreement. We all know that behind closed doors, political parties, board of directors, Groundspeak staff, and other groups debate and discuss things until a decision is reached.

The general public shouldn't be able to see this, let alone have a printed copy of it.

I agree completely - some of these discussions will need to be kept private.

Unfortunately, based on what OpinioNate said above, it sounds like in the upcoming version, we won't be able to limit the discussions to just group members.

Unfortunately, based on what OpinioNate said above, it sounds like in the upcoming version, we won't be able to limit the discussions to just group members.

That's right. There won't be options in the beginning to allow private discussions. In the future we'll have this available but it isn't built into v1.