Where Do We Get Those Fancy Plastic Cases

sweetlife

We have started a collection of Geocoins and would like to know where we can get the Hard Cases that are about 3x4 with the black Insert to hold them tight. Any help would be appreciated

If you are talking about the round ones I got a couple at usageocoins. I'm sure that several other places have them though

Hello Sweetlife

I just sent you an email off the forum. The Tapps & I found a coin collecting website that we buy our cases from. The more cases you buy, the cheaper they are. We pay well under $1 for the nice Air Tites.

I also know there is a website out there that keeps a running list of the current coins and the size case to use. Does anyone have the link to that website?

AuntieNae

The link for the page that lists the coin sizes is HERE.

Not all Air-tites will hold a coin snuggly. That's why I bought one of these compass cutters. Also, they work great for round coins, since many more geocoins have to do odd shapes you won't be able to use them for all of yourcoins.

coinbinder04.jpg

Not only will it cut the foam to a more precise size, it will measure the diameter of the coin in millimeters.

The one thing about it is, you need to have the entire foam puck, not just the outer ring. that's why I always got my Air-tites from JP's Corner. Not only are the prices pretty good, they sell the entire foam insert, not just the outer thin ring.

When my collection got to over 75 coins, I realized that keeping them in Air-tites alone wasn't very practical. If you're going to be displaying them at home, it's a great solution. If you plan to take the coins to events to show them off, putting them in binders works well. I no longer use Air-tites with my coins as I keep them securely in binders. You can see how I did it in the binder link in my sig below. Some people took my binder idea, but used a thicker foam and kept their coins in the Air-tites and put them in a binder. Not only does my binder secure my coins for travel, it also will handle every geocoin shape that comes along.

Below in my sig I have the reference page, the new FAQ page, and a page that has instructions on how to make your own binder. (The binder page will give you a good idea on how to use the compass cutter and apply it to cutting the Air-tites for sizing perfectly.) I try to keep all the links that I could possibly think of... and many that people have asked me to add.

We have started a collection of Geocoins and would like to know where we can get the Hard Cases that are about 3x4 with the black Insert to hold them tight. Any help would be appreciated

If you mean these:

c6e78ac7-92b0-4546-885b-d487dea44c96.jpg

Then I got mine from jpscorner - a coin collecting supply site:

Coin Slab - JPsCorner

The insert is a hard plastic, and while I'm sure you could cut it some to fit a larger coin, best to order the size that you need.

I'm not sure any other coins have the problem, but the WI coins have a raised part that is much thicker than usual, and I had to glue and clamp the cases to keep them closed.

Edited by Not So Lost Puppies