Worse TB's you've ever seen?

swizzle

:P I had to look up Papa Smurf.... that is awesome!

I too found the incredibly dull and uninspired, "Travel Bug Dog Tag".

The strangest one I've seen is Bad Dog's John Deere Tractor. When we found it, it was a ceramic squirrel, not a tractor. Apparently it is now a yo-yo. The owner placed it in a cache in August of 2004 and it wasn't heard from again until picked up about 50 miles away in June of 2005. Somewhere during that time frame it became the squirrel.

:) I had to look up Papa Smurf.... that is awesome!

I too found the incredibly dull and uninspired, "Travel Bug Dog Tag".

The strangest one I've seen is Bad Dog's John Deere Tractor. When we found it, it was a ceramic squirrel, not a tractor. Apparently it is now a yo-yo. The owner placed it in a cache in August of 2004 and it wasn't heard from again until picked up about 50 miles away in June of 2005. Somewhere during that time frame it became the squirrel.

I just tried to look up Papa Smurf's Manhood & Papa Smurf and found no results. I did it by starting with 'track travel bugs' of the home page of geocaching.com & then 'advanced search' . Is there another way that gets results or am I just missing the joke? :P

I haven't seen any really 'bad' ones, but there was 'Pet Spider' that was in a little glass jar, nice mission and all, but I wondered if it would break. Put it on my watchlist and sure enough a couple months later someone broke the jar.

I have also found a couple that were confusing because they had changed without this being noted... Freedom Water was supposed to be a little container of water from the persian gulf, but instead was a plastic army man. 90 Grains of Old Fashioned Pain started as a training shell, but was just a lone tag when I found it.

I've found over 1560 TBs. My very FIRST TB find was a traveling knife. A teeny Swiss Army type that goes on a key chain.

I've found several dog poo TBs and since I actually have a sense of humor, I have no problem with them at all.

I've also found several plain TB tags. Doesn't bother me.

I make no judgements of goals or names.

I could care less about a goal unless it's something I can complete for the TB.

There are a few bad ideas though.

I heard THIS TB was a toy hand grenade. Kinda ironic given its goals.

I've seen a few neked barbie and ken dolls and a Y shaped stick and even fake dog poo! What's the worst ones that you've seen? I'm not looking just for appearances but for worst goals as well. Pics are a bonus. Swizzle

What's wrong with a little fake dog poo? Check out my "Look what I almost stepped in!" TB. People have had a lot of fun with it! It's one of my highest mileage TBs!

We found one that was just a scrap of paper with tape on it (no TB tag). It had the tracking number, and the text "Generic Bug" written on it. Its official name wasn't "Generic Bug", though; it was the default "no-name" Travel Bug Dog Tag.

About as basic as you can get. This link shows a picture of it (with the tracking # partially obscured).

It apparently wasn't always like this. It started out as an Olympic keychain in Oct 2003; about a year later someone added a bone to it; by July of 2005 it was down to being just a scrap of paper. Some of the early logs for it say that they weren't sure it was a TB, but they took and and logged it anyway. This makes me wonder if the original bug never had a real TB tag on it, just the paper, which eventually got separated from the Olympic Bone keychain.

The most surprising thing about it is that even as just a scrap of paper, it has still been traveling around pretty successfully.

The worst travel bug I have even encountered was a Hummer part. The thing was so heavy, I accidently dropped it when I found it and it cracked my GPS screen making the GPS unusable.. The owner emailed me and wanted it for an event and requested it be shipped back to him. Even though I had strong (bad) feelings for the TB, I of course returned it to the owner instead of tossing it in a lake! :anicute:

The bug I launched today is not the worst bug, but recognizes bag cache swag.

Check out Trade Up, Trade Even, or Don't Trade At All

From the cache page:

When I started geocaching I liked the swag. I thought it was wonderful to recieve a bit of one of the previous visitors and to leave something of myself behind.

That lasted for about week.

This bug started a piece of broken fishing rod that I retrieved as cache swag. Feel free to throw it away
as long as you replace it with some other trash you found in a cache
. The junkier the better!

If you do replace the item, please upload a photo of the new bug, thanks!

And the starting junk:

8ac8b9d0-e352-4a5a-9bc9-e8c797e24194.jpg

I can hardly wait to see what it morphs into!

Paul

That is just disgusting. I would think that something like that should not be allowed on the possibility of transporting disease. I love the last part, "No toenails, that would be gross"?!? The fat bastard TB I could have done without the visual. That was a bit much. lmao. Some people. You just gotta love it. Swizzle

The Fingernail Bug

Its a small jar with nail clippers attached. The idea is you find the bug, add some more fingernails to the jar, and send it on its way. :)

Now that's just horrible. I can't believe it! Here in SoCal haven't found any fake dog poo either. Have stepped in some though....... ack!

After reading this one and the fat bastard TB one, I am thinking about doing one with a jar of boogers or maybe pubes... maybe.